I must admit i nearly did this myself last night. If still no sign later i will go in there myself and have a look, if im completely honest, i dont know what im going to do with 4 plants in terms of space. Will see what happens with them all and if the 4th pops up then i can make a decision about which ones to keep (probably end up giving one to a friend).

Yeah i managed to pry it off this morning, finally! But it seems to have held the shape of the seed, hoping it will open up today. We have a clear sunny day today (26c / 79f) so i left the greenhouse open this morning to give them a chance to basque and breathe. Fingers crossed the Amnesia does open up properly.

How are your WW's doing now?
Awesome you got it all off without any problems. Mine will be stubborn for a day or so. Just transplanted them in 5 gallons. It's insane how her roots were already just at 3 weeks old. I think personally I have one male and one female from how they look. They look completely different but what do i know.

Where did you get the WW seeds from? Just curious because both of ours did the same thing.

It certainly looks that way. Im just happy to have it off, this morning the cotyledons had opened right up overnight and it looks to be good news :slide:

I got mine from a company in the UK called ICE. My helmet headed seed was actually an Amnesia Haze Auto that they gave me for free... at only 4 days since germination its still very early days. I have just been reading a post on here about the life cycle of autos, very interesting read and again making me very impatient to see some solid vegetative growth.

It certainly looks that way. Im just happy to have it off, this morning the cotyledons had opened right up overnight and it looks to be good news :slide:

I got mine from a company in the UK called ICE. My helmet headed seed was actually an Amnesia Haze Auto that they gave me for free... at only 4 days since germination its still very early days. I have just been reading a post on here about the life cycle of autos, very interesting read and again making me very impatient to see some solid vegetative growth.
I'm thinking about running an auto or two next run. They don't produce as much as photos but they have some interesting plants out there. I've never grown them so figured I'd play with a couple just to get the experience in on them. I've read some take 60 days from germ to harvest. A little unbelievable to me but hey I'm not the expert here lol

I'm thinking about running an auto or two next run. They don't produce as much as photos but they have some interesting plants out there. I've never grown them so figured I'd play with a couple just to get the experience in on them. I've read some take 60 days from germ to harvest. A little unbelievable to me but hey I'm not the expert here lol

I only chose autos for the simplicity and quick flowering time. I made the decision very late in the summer here and i will really be pushing it in terms of the weather at the tail end of their life cycles. Im hoping our summer overruns again like it did last year otherwise i may have to harvest early but we will see if/when i even get that far.

Yes you are right though, some strains are 60 days and even though their yields are considered generally lower, if you nail the conditions during the grow then they still put out a surprisingly amount of buds (or so ive read).

In future, i may invest in a small grow tent or something and attempt a photoperiod plant but for what i am after (personal supply) im struggling at the moment to find a good enough reason to spend that money. Especially if these autos are a success.

I only chose autos for the simplicity and quick flowering time. I made the decision very late in the summer here and i will really be pushing it in terms of the weather at the tail end of their life cycles. Im hoping our summer overruns again like it did last year otherwise i may have to harvest early but we will see if/when i even get that far.

Yes you are right though, some strains are 60 days and even though their yields are considered generally lower, if you nail the conditions during the grow then they still put out a surprisingly amount of buds (or so ive read).

In future, i may invest in a small grow tent or something and attempt a photoperiod plant but for what i am after (personal supply) im struggling at the moment to find a good enough reason to spend that money. Especially if these autos are a success.
If you can grow outside stick to it. Nothing beats the sun. To me though outside seems harder. Pests , people taking them and so on. I can grow outside to but controlling them works better for me.

Im actually not too concerned about pests at the moment. Plus they are spending a lot of their time in the greenhouse at the moment in an attempt to keep them in their prime environment (temp and humidity).

My biggest concern is mould, it can get quite humid here. I checked this morning and they hygrometer had hit 86% during the night. Not such an issue during the seedling/veg phase but i will need to keep a closer eye as we approach flowering.

I live on a road that im sure is only populated by OAPs. Im not too worried about thieves and to be fair, if one of those OAPs got over fence... fair play to them!

UPDATE:

Hello all, i know i said there wouldnt an update for few days and in terms of the girls, there arent any just yet (i will wait for some growth before posting more photos of their progress).

However, I couldnt help myself over the weekend and purchased a gnome for the garden (I was inspired by Jim who watches guard over @Backlipslide 's garden).

Meet, Herbie....

0.jpg

Will be back in a few days with updates to the girls (i need to name them too).

UPDATE:

Hello all, i know i said there wouldnt an update for few days and in terms of the girls, there arent any just yet (i will wait for some growth before posting more photos of their progress).

However, I couldnt help myself over the weekend and purchased a gnome for the garden (I was inspired by Jim who watches guard over @Backlipslide 's garden).

Meet, Herbie....

0.jpg

Will be back in a few days with updates to the girls (i need to name them too).

Too funny!! :laughtwo::headbanger:

Herbie! What a great name!

Names for your plants, just a thought, one could be named carole and the other carhop (from the lovebug) lol just a silly thought. :goof:

I love your gnome sir! :adore:

Well i have 3 girls in there at the moment, all seem to be growing up slowly but surely.

I may be overthinking this but i was thinking the names of the Powerpuff Girls would go down well.... because after all, i am hoping for some powerful puff at the end of this (confident..... much?) :hookah::laugh:

So that would be Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. Thoughts?

UPDATE:

Hello All,

I promised you an update in a few days and here we are....

White Widow 1 (Blossom), germinated on 30th July (10 days):

0.jpg1.jpg

White Widow 2 (Bubbles), germinated on 31st July (9 days):

0.jpg1.jpg

and then last but by all means, not least, Amnesia (Buttercup), germinated on 29th July (11days):

0.jpg

As you can see, Buttercup is lagging behind at the moment but i put this down to the stubborn helmet head that would've blocked sunlight from hitting the leaves for those 3 days it was stuck on there.

To me, theyre all looking pretty healthy, although maybe not as big as id expected to see at nearly 2 weeks. However, im a complete noob so this is also me probably getting overly excited and impatient. :nervous-guy:

The weather today and tomorrow is really not good, heavy rain, strong winds and very high humidity (currently 87% outside at 11am), as such, they will be taking shelter in the greenhouse until things brighten up once again.

I welcome any opinions on any of my 3 girls.

Thanks all.

They're looking good so far. Don't worry ( Butter cup ) she'll catch up to her sister.

I hope so!

I actually had a question for you @HugePeckerhead I note that you are using Mars-Hydro Ts1000 which is exactly what i have been looking at in recent days. Im not planning on purchasing immediately but weather dependent towards the end of my grow (and im now considering a winter grow too) but how are you finding it? Reviews seem really mixed online. Also, where did you buy from?

I hope so!

I actually had a question for you @HugePeckerhead I note that you are using Mars-Hydro Ts1000 which is exactly what i have been looking at in recent days. Im not planning on purchasing immediately but weather dependent towards the end of my grow (and im now considering a winter grow too) but how are you finding it? Reviews seem really mixed online. Also, where did you buy from?
I actually love it. When i was gonna buy it....i couldn't decide if i wanted the 1000 or the sp250 from MH. But since my space is a 3x7 i went with the 1000 to better light the 3ft width. Withing 48 hours i knew my plants were loving it. Id recommend it as i plan on adding 2 more units. I flower and veg in different spaces so ill be puttint the 1000 in flower and adding 2 2000 units. The only reason im moving up to the 2000 is i really want it lite up nicely and the 2000 covers a 3ft area muxh better. I was gonna use ebay but after talking to the rep i used the website. Where it was actually cheaper and i had the light within 48 hours. Super fast. Oh it also came with a nice gree gift too.

I actually love it. When i was gonna buy it....i couldn't decide if i wanted the 1000 or the sp250 from MH. But since my space is a 3x7 i went with the 1000 to better light the 3ft width. Withing 48 hours i knew my plants were loving it. Id recommend it as i plan on adding 2 more units. I flower and veg in different spaces so ill be puttint the 1000 in flower and adding 2 2000 units. The only reason im moving up to the 2000 is i really want it lite up nicely and the 2000 covers a 3ft area muxh better. I was gonna use ebay but after talking to the rep i used the website. Where it was actually cheaper and i had the light within 48 hours. Super fast. Oh it also came with a nice gree gift too.

Ive seen many reviews stating that theyre no good in flower, too much blue light or something. What i dont want to do is spend that sort of money to then find out i need a different light for flowering. Ideally, I want just one that will do the job. When i get there, my plan would be to get a 4x2' tent, to allow for 2 or 3 full size plants, so my question really would be what wattage do you think i need for that size? Mars and Viparspectra keep popping up whenever i look at LEDs.

Ive seen many reviews stating that theyre no good in flower, too much blue light or something. What i dont want to do is spend that sort of money to then find out i need a different light for flowering. Ideally, I want just one that will do the job. When i get there, my plan would be to get a 4x2' tent, to allow for 2 or 3 full size plants, so my question really would be what wattage do you think i need for that size? Mars and Viparspectra keep popping up whenever i look at LEDs.
The ts1000 is white light. A quantum board as youd call it. So you don't get that blurple. Mars also has the reflector series they are green models that also have the veg bloom switch. That would give the blurple light

Back
Top Bottom