Wallanaise the Haze

Hi All,

So i have finally decided to try out my first grow now im the proud owner of a small garden. Unfortunately i have no room in my house for an indoor grow so i have no choice but to risk an outdoor grow with the British Summer (which as of late has been very good, hence trying this out).

Due to my lack of knowledge (ive read a lot but no hands on experience) i have chosen to stick with autos (i bought 3x white widow seeds and was also given a free Amnesia Haze Auto seed).

I have decided that i will attempt to germinate all 4 seeds as i am fast running out of viable weather here and would rather give all 4 a go and see how we get on (more chances of actually producing something at the other end).

For germination, i am attempting the peat pellet route and of those that do germinate, i will be transplanting those straight in to their final pots outside (12 litre smart pots). I am pleased to report that this morning i have woken up to my first seed having popped above the soil (the Amnesia is the only seed to have germinated so far, today will be 4th day - not feeling too confident with the White Widow seeds at the moment). I had time before work today so i transplanted the whole pellet in to the first smart pot - note: i have used CANNA Terra Professional as my growing medium. Pictures below:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I welcome all and any advice from the community, anything you guys can throw my way to help me through this would be much appreciated!

A couple of updates this morning.....

Firstly, i have managed to germinate a second seed, this one being my first White Widow.

1.jpg

Secondly, just a small update to my current set up: the basic greenhouse i bought (mainly for protecting the plants from some of the heavy rain we are likely to get over the next few weeks) has now arrived... note i added to chair as im confident that at some point i'll be able to chill in there and admire my patience and hard work :rollit:

2.jpg3.jpg

Finally, and this update is more of a question, the first seed that i germinated (Amnesia) still has its seed casing stuck to the end, is this something i should be worried about? or need to do anything with? There seems to be mixed advice online with some people saying it will drop it by itself and others saying that i must remove myself if i want the plant to survive. The below two pictures are one of each seed so you can see what i mean....

4.jpg5.jpg

As always, thanks for the help!

So both can be done. Being that ive managed to germinate 2 of 4 so far, and the helmet is the only Amnesia i have, im inclined to leave it as i dont want to stress it and kill it in the process. I've read a lot that misting can help as it will soften the shell again, i will give that a try over the next day or so. Thanks again!

I need some more followers in here!

Hey welcome!

The seed, you can take some tweezers and pry it off of there. Or leave it it’s up to you. I would try and pluck it off of there though. Next time, if you put the seed a tad bit deeper it will fall off with friction as the seed pushes through the dirt.

Having your chair in the green house will be nice, but you will find you will probably want the room to be able to move around with the plants.

Those racks are nice, but you will find that your plants will outgrow the head space in a hurry.

Good luck sir, I’m in and will follow along! :thumb:

Hi @Backlipslide, thanks for your message and thanks for following!

Im aware that the chair wont always be able to sit there but space will be dictated by the plants' success and yes you are correct, the racks wont be used like that for long, i figure at some point I will have to take them down and place all plants on the floor, i was thinking i might be able to use the framework of the greenhouse to try some LST techniques.

Will try to mist the seedling later on this evening and use some tweezers to carefully pry off the casing. Will update tomorrow

@HugePeckerhead thanks bro, im going to give it a go tonight with misting and tweezers.
You're welcome and welcome by the way too. I gave mine a day or two and realized they were gonna die if I didn't help. Just take your time and be gentle. My next grow i was suggested to plant them a little deeper next time and that usually helps. I'm following along so keep us updated. Good luck.

You're welcome and welcome by the way too. I gave mine a day or two and realized they were gonna die if I didn't help. Just take your time and be gentle. My next grow i was suggested to plant them a little deeper next time and that usually helps. I'm following along so keep us updated. Good luck.

Yeah i started worrying last night when i saw my first WW had germinated but the colour of its stem is looks so much healthier than the Amnesia. Im now wishing away my day at work because i want to get home and sort this out haha

Yeah i started worrying last night when i saw my first WW had germinated but the colour of its stem is looks so much healthier than the Amnesia. Im now wishing away my day at work because i want to get home and sort this out haha
Keep in mind that they won't look the same since theyre different strains. In the picture I attached is my current grow. All 3 are from the same exact strain. Same plant. I used different techniques growing them and they look nothing alike at all.

Attachments

• received_456280738284783.jpeg
    received_456280738284783.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom