First time planting

isssamnagi

Im planning on growing 4 strawberry haze or a different type of haze. Im going to buy a 40x40x140 grow tent and place it inside my cupboard, would that tent be big enough for 4 plants? Another thing would be the odor smell, while my plany is growing inside my grow tent inside my cupboard would ona bucket be enough to get rid of the smell? Ill just place it in the corner of my room? Lights im not too sure how much lights i will need for 4 plants? Ill be getting (HPS) ones. Any information will help alot thanks.

First off, welcome to :420:.

You could run 4 plants in that tent, but I don't think you'd be able to fit more than 2 gallon pots in there. Ideally that tent would be used for one plant in a 5 or 7 gallon pot. I don't know if you could fit an HID in that tent, with a small enough reflector you could, but you wouldn't be able to air cool it. Then you have to consider height. 5 feet tall leaves you 1 foot for pots, 1 foot from light hanging, and a minimum of 1 foot from the light to the canopy, that leaves a maximum plant height of 2 feet. LED or CFL would be better in a space that small.

Then if you want to take care of smell you'll need an inline fan and carbon filter, you could put both outside of the tent to save space, though pushing through a filter is less ideal than pulling.

:welcome: to :420:

As has already been said, that's going to be a very tight fit for 4 plants.
Your cabinet will fit a single 7 gal. pot, or you could try a mini SoG with four 2 gal. pots.
I don't use CFLs, but in a small space like that, they may be your best option.

So what ideal tent will i need for around 4 plants? And another thing you know the carbon filter does it have to go out the window or can i just go out inside my room or would that smell? Because my cupboard and window arent next to eachother

I like a minimum of about 30 cm per plant. More is better.
As to the filter, it depends on the size of the filter, how new it is, and how fast you pull the air through it.

Growing in a 40" cube really limits your options isssamnagi.

At least I hope you're talking inches and not centimeters.

LEDs are the wave of the future but all I've seen about them is the more power they have the further they have to be from the tops of your plants. In many cases they have to be 18 - 24 inches above. I run 400W HIDs and can have them as close as 4 - 6" above the plants as long as I have a fan blowing across the tops to prevent scorching.

Light does not have to come from above to grow good plants so LED strips around the sides are another option to consider. Would be a PITA and likely burn the tips off a lot of leaves but that's more of a cosmetic concern than anything else.

CFLs can grow and flower decent plants tho it isn't my go-to choice. I make use of fluros to veg plants but for flowering I want my 400W HPS bulbs bearing down to get the nice rock hard colas. A few larger CFLs could do the trick but they can get pricey once you get enough to cover that space with enough light for good plant growth and flowering. I found some nice ones but the 85W is $45 and the 105W ones are $55. They are 5000K and sure veg plants well but I've never tried flowering with them. I broke the 105W one and that hurt.

Quite honestly I would probably grow 1 or 2 plants using a screen to ScroG them. You could easily get as much or more of a yield and control the canopy with ease. Femmed seeds or clones from a known female will guarantee a decent crop. Nothing sux more than investing a lot of time and resources into growing a plant that ends up showing balls at flowering time.

Your standard grow pots don't have to be used either. Cut the top half off a big tub and fill it with your medium of choice to keep the height down and give roots lots of room to grow.

I have to stop now as there are so many options spinning around in my head 420 would have to get another server to host them all. :)

Good luck!

L8r

Growing in a 40" cube really limits your options isssamnagi.

At least I hope you're talking inches and not centimeters.

I took the measurement to be in cm since the height is 140. If it is 40", you could grow 4 plants. Still tight, but do-able. I like 4 just to speed things up a little. With this much room, I would go with 600 - 1000W HPS.

Back
Top Bottom