First Try

I was told its ok to do this for a few days to determine the sex.
If i messed up here what can i do to salvage this?.

How many days had you had these girls on 12/12? If it were me, I would leave them on 12/12 and just flower them out. I would rather get out of them what I can, instead of risking a serious case of hermies. This would ensure you get some quality bud out of this grow and you can apply what you have learned to your next one!

:goodluck:

Sigh.......... upon reflection im going back to 12/12 been waiting to long as it is for them to grow but with out the "Leds i still aint recieved" they aint growing alot, so 12/12 for 2 months should have myself a smoke by xmas. Think my next grow will be 20 autoflowering plants 10 weeks from seed to finish is pretty amazing, wish i had of know about autoflowering plants in the first place i could of had some weed by now.

Just a quick update and some pictures, there not of great quality still searching for good cheap digital camera.
And after a 3 1/2 month wait my LED lights arrived last week, "yer 3+months" :( although the leds are fantastic and in the last 8 days i have seen a big difference in growth on the new smaller plants i started.... i bought 5 MI5 auto flowering seeds 12 weeks seed to finish, 1 would not germinate, 1 decided it would but took an incredible 12 days to break the surface, 3 others was normal
and i got lucky one turned out to be male, so im good for seeds now :)...

The first ones i grew are stunted because i was without leds and using some cfls
there only 16" tall but i managed to experiment a bit with some LST on one and topped the other so its looking like 5-6 small but healthy colas, just in time for the new year... So next grow should yield me a better result as i intend to go for 8-10 of these auto MI5's.

PC020615.JPG

PC020625.JPG

PC020616.JPG

PC020620_2_.JPG

PC020619_2_.JPG

MI5
PC020626.JPG

PC020627.JPG

Autoflowering strains should be grown under 24/0 or 18/6, or anywhere in between. You can use this opportunity while you are growing the autoflowering strains in veg conditions to grow a couple plants in along side them and when you harvest your autoflowers you can flip to 12/12 and start flowering right away.

Another tip would be to put the LEDs right on top of your plants, LED light doesn't have a lot of penetration so by having it close you will increase the intensity of the light that the plants receive.

Last but not least, you said you were experimenting with topping and training. The autoflowering strains I suggest you try training them to increase yield. If you do start growing some regular flowering strains along side them try out some aggressive topping on one. I have a plant right now that I allowed to grow big enough to have 4 main branches come off then topped it, and every 2 nodes that grew after that I would top on each branch. Essentially doubling your top colas every time you do it. You end up with literally no lower growth since everything new growing is at the top of the plant. I haven't flowered this one yet but I'm expecting great results based on what I have seen so far with the plant.

Brett, I did put the leds closer but they were to strong and plants started to go limp in under 1 hour, moved it from about 12" to what it is now, and they seem to be fine. I do intend to just use the one light and go for a continual growth, as soon as the NYC/D is done.

And i intend to lst and top more on the next batch as i feel a bit more comfortable doing it now. But if doing that with auto seeds from start to finish 12 weeks when would be a good time to topp, the 3/4 node?... im not sure but i will find out.

There is a nutrient im tryin to get a hold of that increases nodes (humbolts bush master or Dr nodes) both are hard to source for me here in the UK.

Humbolt Nutrients are great, very reputable.

I don't think you want to top any auto flower strains, maybe some defoliation to get light to lower nodes but I wouldn't cut off anything that flowers considering their life is so short and there really is no time for the plant to recover the way the life cycle is on autoflowers.

Thats interesting that they went limp, my buddy who uses LEDs has them basically on top of his plants with no negative effects. What brand and model of LED is that?

120w LED Grow Light
Red led wavelength: 660nm optimal growth
New Sixth Generation R/R/B with 660nm
uv
Light Angle: 120 degree

58 grams dried weight, not bad for me considering anything I ever tried growing before all ways died even tomatos haha.... All you folks here changed that. Ty.

Good Luck and Stay SAFE...... your now a 420 virgin:roorrip: and always remember :bravo:..... if you dont come away from here with any thing else that is LESS IS ALWAYS BETTER...... NEVER use the SUGGESTED mfgs amounts you will save yourself alot of tears and frustration:yahoo: TRUST ME I LEARNED the hard way and good luck ...........you now have at your fingertips years of growing experience and I have found the members here @ 420 are always more than willing to help with problems or questions.:welcome:

:rollit:MrCloner420:rollit:

Hi Wreathy

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom