flowering?

cbgb

ok, have a few plants , veg for 90 days. on june 1st i switched to 12/12 .....the only thing that is showing is a teardrop shape , the size of a seed with 2 very small protrusions coming from the nodes....it looks kinda like it is trying to produce more leaves.....but seemed to have stalled in that respect. could this be that the plant is putting its energy into flowering, showing sex, etc.....
plant168.jpg
plant268.jpg
:helpsmilie:

i will try again snyper but it is so small a good pic is hard. on another note, on AVERAGE, when going to 12/12 how long can it take to show sex ? thank you

thanks AK !!! you confirmed my suspicion...... maybe you could help me out w/ another question....., plant- germ /veg for 90 days. on june 1st i switched to 12/12.......when will it show the pre- flowers of either male or female ? and the area that these new leaves are coming from is where we would see sex,(pre-flowers)is that correct ? thank you !! :thanks:

thanks AK !!! you confirmed my suspicion...... maybe you could help me out w/ another question....., plant- germ /veg for 90 days. on june 1st i switched to 12/12.......when will it show the pre- flowers of either male or female ? and the area that these new leaves are coming from is where we would see sex,(pre-flowers)is that correct ? thank you !! :thanks:

According to my notes on MY first grow, the earliest I saw preflowers after switching to 12/12 was 7 days, and those were the males. The females each are running on their own individual schedules, as they were raised from seed and show genetic variation. The first female hairs showed on day 9. Others are taking a bit longer, 10 days for first hairs.

My male preflowers appeared in the first three nodes from the growing tips. I didn't wait to see if the plant would have balls all over, but I've seen pics in the gallery that do.

The female hairs began appearing at the growing tips first, and maybe the second node down from that. Then they started appearing on all new growth. But that could be how my Purple Mazar presents itself.

I wasn't aware of that, BBD32. It makes sense, however. I am 79 days into veg, and what is left in veg (2) are REALLY filling out quickly, like they're in a hurry to mature.

I'm coming to the conclusion, that with my strain, waiting till the plants mature on their own before going 12/12 will give me the same timeline to flowering. If they're not ready, they're not ready. This will change my strategies for where to put them, for the second crop, which is in clone now.

this is my second grow AK, last season was a disaster but i learned a lot of what not to do / what to do :) but not everything... i started w/ ten seeds last year (new york sour d) 2 i saved for this season "the 2 plants we are speaking about"..............back to last season w/ 8 seeds. 2 were crushed as seedlings by the light fixture falling on them, tried 2 outside ....a deer took care of those, 2 never germed...2 went to flowering, 1 was male and the other one, female ~ yielded about a 1/4z.......and it tasted like shit ......a comedy of errors.........LOL,LOL..........our friends here at 420 are of great help.......ok ,last question of the day :)............looking at the first picture in this original post above..will i see flowers/pre flowers at the node between the main stalk and the branch ? tanxs !!

.....ok ,last question of the day :)............looking at the first picture in this original post above..will i see flowers/pre flowers at the node between the main stalk and the branch ? tanxs !!

Yes.

thanks for all your help AK !! so far this year things are looking a whole lot better. i will keep you updated. again, thanks.

I've had a family member who knows a bit about Cannibus tell me that my plants looked really good. So, I hope I don't screw up the harvesting and curing my first time around. This time, I'm going to harvest only when about 70% of the hairs are amber, for highest THC. One of the slower ladies, I'm going to harvest at 90% for medicinal value.

Maybe I'll be lucky and they will mature one at a time. I would not want to have to harvest 3 or 4 at once! Too much work and not enough room to accommodate the drying process for that much.

Does anyone out here harvest buds only as they individually mature, that is, not chop the whole plant at once? If Cannibus follows all other flowering plants I know of, then the flowers will not all mature at the same rate. I know this is more time consuming, and I'd have to keep track of the dates each bud or branch was harvested. (Retired old lady has nothing better to do :laughtwo:) Striving to get the best quality I can from First Grow.

i have heard of some people harvesting the top of the plant which then lets the bottom of the plant get more light and harvest it when it is ready. As for individual buds though, that would be some work. Most people go by trichome color to determine when the flower is "ripe", to check every bud on the plant would be lots of work.

After reading more sections on harvesting buds, I thought I would try a gradual harvest, using tric color rather than hair color. But, yeah, it will require that I label everything with the date I harvested each batch of buds, so they cure properly. I'll have to pay attention to the details. Mother #1 has all kinds of clear trics on the pistils and sugar leaves! They look so kewl under a magnifying glass! So, I guess first harvest is coming up soon!

For my first cutting, I'll go with 100% milky with approx 20% amber hairs. This seems to be the preferred stage of harvest.

It doesn't look like I'll get large buds, but there are some 30+ potential popcorn size buds. I'm not trying to impress anyone, just to produce a clean, good-quality smoke for the family and later in the harvest, good quality medicine for me (since I don't smoke).

Back
Top Bottom