Forest Skunk & His 'Sweet Tai' Girls Performing on Soil - 2011

It could also be that you do not have enough air flow at that particular part of the SOG. Lack of proper air circulation can be a problem in SOG - plants farthest from the fan/air flow can start to exhibit some of what your plants are displaying.

:goodluck:
:peace:

Good point.

Thank you, HempRocket and Pop Kulture!

The light is placed 80cm away from the canopy. I usually had it closer (65cm) and this time moved it farther away as i had similar problems in my last grows.

There is a fan in there in one of the corners but it only blows air underneath the plants. As i have successfully grown with a much weaker exhaust fan (now 420m³/h for 5m³) in the past, i´m not sure that this may be the cause of my necrotic leafs. Anyway, i'm gonna try to have some air flow higher up.

In general i already tried all kinds of things to have my leafs green or at least yellow up until the end, with out necrotic leaf tips. I know it´s possible, but i only was able to do so with GH chemical fertilizer. In this grow room i had problems from the start. First with Canna nutrients and also now with BioBizz. I have also tried all kinds of soils and now have BioBizz Light Mix.

As mentioned earlier a friend of mine got more than 1g/W with the same nutrients that i use. He did so after changing the formula to 2ml/L Bio Grow + 5ml/L Bio Bloom. He doesnt care to correct his pH (with fertilizer added it`s 6.5 anyway). Because of my problems i did not only copy his formula but also got myself an ec-meter. Now i know that the ec is around 2.0 with this mixture, which should be no problem with organic nutes?!

They are watered with nutrient solution every 3 days. Then the pots are really light and dried out, so overwatering should not happen. If one of them dries out faster i give her pure water. Root zone temperature is around 20°C.

Now all but 2 plants show symptoms and all of the affected leafs are directly exposed to the light. A little bit deeper, in slightly shadowed places, leafs are healthier, no matter how old they are.

One more thing to mention. I first thought they had an Mg Def and added little amounts (until my ec was around 2.1) of epsom salt with the last two waterings and also foliar fed them with a light solution of epsom salts.

Frankly .. i don´t know, what to try/change next. This is so annoying, especially when you have to pay 22 cent for 1kWh (which by the way is mostly taxes and includes nearly 4 cent of an exo tax that subsidizes solar panels and wind mills for people who already own land or a house)

Ok, here are new pictures from yesterday:

41st Day of Flowering

P3140032.jpg

P3140024.jpg

P3140037.jpg

P3140030.jpg

P3140023.jpg

P3140036.jpg

P3140026.jpg

P3140022.jpg

P3140041.jpg

Thanx again for your help! :thanks:

Looking frikin awesome man :thumb:

Thank you man, but actually i´m not satisfied with the size of the buds at this stage. Now they have only two weeks to go.

I think it's nute burn. I would flush them and I would back off on the nutes a bit.

Yeah, HempRocket, you may be right. I didn´t take this into consideration because, as mentioned, a friend of mine had spectacular results with the feeding plan described in my last post. He even used a richer soil and had no such symptoms.
Furthermore, the official BioBizz feeding schedule leads to ec-values of up to 2.45 (with the ec of my tap water being 0.8).

On the other hand, conventional wisdom seems to be, to have an ec of around 1.6 and that a higher ec would - in the best case - not lead to better results but could diminish yield.
Your advice remembered me of one more thing i neglected and which is connected to that. I always give them nutrient solution on dry roots. With chemical nutes i would give them pure water first to not burn the roots. Thought this would not be necessary with organic fertilizer ... but maybe it is?!
This time it may be to late as final flushing will start in one week. In the next cycle i´ll definitely change that and lower the ec too.

So, thank you, i really did appreciate your advice. :peacetwo:

Update 50th Day of Flowering

50 days and one more week to go.

I just hope that they swell a bit more in the days to come. Maybe i kinda messed it up a bit by supercropping, because this led to a lot of shoots and to a lot of small buds. I am not amused but there´s akways the next cycle :)

Though they are small they have weight and i had to buy some rods to support them. Today i fed them for the last time and from now on it´s only water.

Nothing more to report, except some pics

P3240009.jpg

P3240012.jpg

more and more leafs die off

P32400161.jpg

and there you have a close-up

P3240023_close_up.jpg

oh and this is the resulting smoke, at least the part i left over :grinjoint:

P32400011.jpg

I agree 100%:Namaste:

I understand and next time they will get less. This cycle is through anyway and flushing is next to impossible, let´s say due to size issues in my small appartement.

Additionally, I have a second (way smaller) grow space and there i use Advanced Nutrients chemical fertilizer, to see how they like it (same strain). The ec-values are lower and i can´t wait to see the results.

Thank you for your advice.

Take those babies into the bathroom of your apt and use the tub/shower. You can flush the shit out of them in there.

A friend i know always goes into the bathroom with them in his apt, he even (not recommended) turns the shower onto them in full bud and sprays them down top to bottom. The reason he can get away with this is he turns the heat up to 88F in his room during the dark cycle and can get the rh down to under 20% with the heat and de-humidifier.

You want to see buds that puff up, pardon the pun, completely soak a almost finished flowering plant in the shower for 10 minutes. Just an ancillary....

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Back
Top Bottom