BigDannel

I posted this in another thread and thought it may be helpful due to many people use this line of products. There is a lot of confusion as to when to use which of the "Big Three" and how they work. Always follow the Fox Farms feeding schedule, and make sure you're looking at the right media! This is all based on soil, using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Do not over-water and be aware of pH levels. I have 7.3 pH from the tap which typically drops to 6.0 - 6.2 after adding nutrients. An R.O. system is in the near future, just make sure you're aware of pH or all these expensive nutrients go to waste and aren't being used by the plants.

Big Bloom - .01 - .3 - .7 - constantly used, organic material (guano, etc.). Not extremely strong but very good for the plants especially when used with FFOF or their other lines of soil. This is the "safest" of all FF nutes in my opinion in terms of not really burning plants if over-done. I'm sure if you dumped a bottle into your pot it would be bad but relatively safe.

Grow Big - 6-4-4 - High Nitrogen, HOT if you over do it. Follow the schedule and it's fine but don't add extra thinking it'll help your plants, you'll burn them and will not have a good time.

Tiger Bloom - 2-8-4 - High in Phosphorus and Potassium. Used in flower, also can be hot if over-done.

Keep in mind the above suggestions are based on using only these nutrients in proper pH water, in FFOF soil, without adding anything extra and following their feeding schedule. If you are adding anything else then I can't promise that advice is helpful. I find that using FFOF soil with those nutrients I have no major issues other than a slight CalMag deficiency. I recently foliar sprayed with epsom salt and plants look amazing, CalMag is on the way so we will see how that works. I have also added Fox Farms "Open Sesame", "Beastie Bloomz", and "Cha-Ching" to the line-up this grow and will update this post with my review of those supplements.

If anyone has any corrections to the above information, or suggestions on how to have success with Fox Farms products, please let me know and I can edit this thread. This is intended to be a basic guide but more in-depth information is appreciated. The feeding schedule for soil is posted below.

1591839935828.png

Edit - I made a write-up for this in it's own thread in my signature if anyone is interested

I just chopped the last of 6 photoperiod plants ( 3 different varieties ) , in soil , while following this schedule and using Fox Farm products.
The plants did go past the week 12 but I just continued feeding the week 12 nutrients.
The only problem I had was when I skipped a flush and had some minor lockout.
I am very pleased with the harvest ( looks like in excess of one and a half pounds of dried and cured ) and will continue using these products.
We will see how they do with Gorilla Glue Auto’s.

Im using the same nutes and following the same feeding chart. I just added the Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz & Cha-Ching, but there's one thing that is throwing me. The amounts on the latter are significant higher. Example: Beastie Bloomz is 0-50-30. Tiger Bloom is 2-8-4.

This to me suggests that Beastie Bloomz is significantly more potent. Given that most people start with the basic trio, why would an optional supplement be that much more potent? It doesn't make logical sense to me.

Thoughts?

I posted this in another thread and thought it may be helpful due to many people use this line of products. There is a lot of confusion as to when to use which of the "Big Three" and how they work. Always follow the Fox Farms feeding schedule, and make sure you're looking at the right media! This is all based on soil, using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. Do not over-water and be aware of pH levels. I have 7.3 pH from the tap which typically drops to 6.0 - 6.2 after adding nutrients. An R.O. system is in the near future, just make sure you're aware of pH or all these expensive nutrients go to waste and aren't being used by the plants.

Big Bloom - .01 - .3 - .7 - constantly used, organic material (guano, etc.). Not extremely strong but very good for the plants especially when used with FFOF or their other lines of soil. This is the "safest" of all FF nutes in my opinion in terms of not really burning plants if over-done. I'm sure if you dumped a bottle into your pot it would be bad but relatively safe.

Grow Big - 6-4-4 - High Nitrogen, HOT if you over do it. Follow the schedule and it's fine but don't add extra thinking it'll help your plants, you'll burn them and will not have a good time.

Tiger Bloom - 2-8-4 - High in Phosphorus and Potassium. Used in flower, also can be hot if over-done.

Keep in mind the above suggestions are based on using only these nutrients in proper pH water, in FFOF soil, without adding anything extra and following their feeding schedule. If you are adding anything else then I can't promise that advice is helpful. I find that using FFOF soil with those nutrients I have no major issues other than a slight CalMag deficiency. I recently foliar sprayed with epsom salt and plants look amazing, CalMag is on the way so we will see how that works. I have also added Fox Farms "Open Sesame", "Beastie Bloomz", and "Cha-Ching" to the line-up this grow and will update this post with my review of those supplements.

If anyone has any corrections to the above information, or suggestions on how to have success with Fox Farms products, please let me know and I can edit this thread. This is intended to be a basic guide but more in-depth information is appreciated. The feeding schedule for soil is posted below.

1591839935828.png

Edit - I made a write-up for this in it's own thread in my signature if anyone is interested
My plants are in veg state for 8 weeks. The chart says to start using tiger bloom at week 5. They are not going to be in flower till week 8. Do I extend the first part of the fertilizer feeding

My plants are in veg state for 8 weeks. The chart says to start using tiger bloom at week 5. They are not going to be in flower till week 8. Do I extend the first part of the fertilizer feeding
The chart shows a 4 week veg. If your veg goes longer than that, stay on week 4 until the week before you are ready to flip, and then and only then, move to week 5. Be sure to do the proper 3x the container sized flush in between.

Back
Top Bottom