From Start to Finish- Bud to Vape Oil Advice Needed

WeedHounds

420 Member
New to this site, but an avid grower and enthusiast for pain relief and anxiety reduction.
I've tried a batch of winterized bud to isopropyl alcohol with not much luck. I've since sourced out some yummy flavors of terpenes that match some of our plants or just preference of taste. I have become a fan of vaping as it allows me to control my anxiety through the day without smelling like a stanky roach. Wondering best procedure to get from bud, to filled 510 vape cartridges? We are veterans with growing so I look forward to my next adventure with being able to make everything by myself from seed up. Any advice for this without vg or pg is preference. I also bought wax liquidizor as well. I'm just not sure what the best method is: something with butane / alcohol and a winterization or throwing it in my levo machine with some vg and substitute the pg for terpenes. Any help is really appreciated and thanks in advance

20210910_095516.jpg

Hello @WeedHounds - at first glance I thought that tree was your plant - nearly fell off my chair lol
Lmao.. maybe one day @Growings , we put our farm's poop to good use each year. Had a weird spring so our plants are a bit smaller than intended. Getting roughly 1.5lbs but it would be like 100lbs with a plant as big as the tree hehehe

I think @InTheShed may be able to help you out.
Thanks HG! I haven't had a chance to go through the entire process yet, but from my research the key to filling vape cartridges with extract is to keep it as free of plant material, chlorophyll, and waxes as possible. That will make it as close to lab-processed live resin as possible.

The process involves QWET followed by filtering through a Buchner filter system (with a very fine filter), and then evaporation and collection. Though if you're comfortable with BHO that might start you with an even cleaner product. A Buchner is still advised though.

Anything other than the THC resin itself will clog the carts as you vape it down. @StoneOtter tried it without the filtration and that was his experience.

Thanks HG! I haven't had a chance to go through the entire process yet, but from my research the key to filling vape cartridges with extract is to keep it as free of plant material, chlorophyll, and waxes as possible. That will make it as close to lab-processed live resin as possible.

The process involves QWET followed by filtering through a Buchner filter system (with a very fine filter), and then evaporation and collection. Though if you're comfortable with BHO that might start you with an even cleaner product. A Buchner is still advised though.

Anything other than the THC resin itself will clog the carts as you vape it down. @StoneOtter tried it without the filtration and that was his experience.
Yes, mine clogged the cart up before it was empty and it wasn't flavorful like a cleaner extraction.

Back
Top Bottom