Funky leaves

Zackattack

420 Member
Can anyone tell me if this is normal these are clones. Started out fine there healthy but what's up with the leaves

Broad mites and hemp russet mites on your cannabis leaves are so tiny they are practically impossible to spot with the naked eye, and still very difficult to see under a microscope. Broad mites are more common than hemp russet mites but the symptoms and treatment are pretty much the same for both.
With broad mites or russet mites the new growth may be twisted, blistered and “wet” looking. If your plant is flowering the buds may turn brown and die.

The main way to spot an infestation is the damage they leave behind because usually the mites themselves are too small to see. They like to hang out inside crevices of leaves and in your buds themselves, and lay eggs inside the plant so you don’t see them.
Sometimes the symptoms can be confused for tobacco mosaic virus. Leaf symptoms from broad or russet mites are also commonly misdiagnosed as overwatering, a nutrient deficiency or heat damage.
One of the biggest reasons broad mites and russet mites can be so difficult to diagnose is you rarely see any signs of bugs, and you don’t see bites on the leaves. For many people, they don’t even realize a bug infestation is happening.

I did notice some bugs almost look like fleas in the soil. Is there anything I can do to save the plants? I try to avoid using chemicals on my plants. Just using happy frog all purpose fertilizer right now

You can treat it with neem oil. Or,

Or get some unscented dish soap, dilute it in some water in a spray bottle, put a bit of listerine in the bottle, and spray your plants twice a day or so.

The listenine is supposed to draw them in, and the soap is supposed to suffocate them.

Back
Top Bottom