dankwilliam

:yikes:

hello, new to the forum, thanks for havin me - extremely happy crop king customer, but have to see if there are other growers out there who have used feminized seeds that are fussy. for the record i am a seasoned grower and have always done it by the seat-of-my-pants and always had good luck, but with the plants i have now (feminized) they just aren't where they should be for this time of year.

several years ago, i bought some seeds from the same company and they grew fine. i purposely seeded one plant to get climatized seeds, and they grew really well the following years. i live in a place with a short growing season, so this worked well. but this year i got adventuresome and decided to cut out the period of time required for sexing, and bought some fem seeds. the first batch sprouted and after i put them in soil, did nothing. they actually rotted or something - mind you - i have grown a lot of weed so know about soil conditions, temperature, etc. so this was disappointing, but CK sent me some replacement seeds. the replacements did well but for the last 2 months, have not grown in size at all. this is my main reason for posting here. i am growing out of doors. full sun. regular watering, and very little stress.

can anyone tell me why my plants are so small and REFUSE TO GROW? or is it just me and i'm being impatient? will these ladies suddenly "wake up" and do their thing? this time of year they should be flowering, and i have 2 -3 inch high plants. so sad. and worried, but still have a few ozs from last year to get me through...

i started these about 2 or 3 months ago...just transplanted into these 20 gallon pots about a week or so ago. they look happy enough...ha hahah

thanks guy, see, this is my problem...these plants have been in full sun (at least 6 hours a day) for the last 3 months. is 6 not enough? i am on cape cod and the weather has been been crazy - cool and rainy, so that could be the issue - perhaps feminized seeds were meant for indoor use? the climatized seeds i have would be over 3 ft tall by now :(

Yeah, that's a good question. I'm not a proficient outdoor grower but the 6 hours of light is definitely the issue. Most of our indoor vegging girls get the 18h minimum as you'd know. Your strain before obviously had great genetics, especially for the type of growing you're encountering. I concur that the weather hasn't been great. I'm gonna see if I can hook you up with someone who might have a better idea....gimme a few minutes, wish I could help more.

thank you kind sir. the seeds from before - northern lights from CK, climatized by me produced some acceptable buds even if they were shade-grown. i was amazed how well these babies did

Hey Dank,

I am not far from you. I have one plant outdoors and it gets less than 6 hours of direct sun a day (which is more than enough with sun light generally), and is only in a 5 gallon bucket and my plant is growing like mad. I am not on the coast so I don't know if that factor would have anything to do with it or not. Your plant should have definitely been growing rapidly by now. What strain are you growing?

You can not "climatise" cannabis seeds the same way you would, in certain cases, wood. Impossible for so many reasons!

They need more light.... If more light doesn't do it, genetics suck?

You can not "climatise" cannabis seeds the same way you would, in certain cases, wood. Impossible for so many reasons!

They need more light.... If more light doesn't do it, genetics suck?

I am leaning to the later. My first thought was genetics. I know the temps were cooler out on the cape this spring, but sheesh, they should be exploding over the last 2-3 weeks. They call it weed for a reason.

Wish I was "permitted" to do both at the same time and I know I have the right environment out doors, but my government limits me to either indoor or outdoor, never both at once! Get caught doing that and you are in criminal trouble here!

Indoors is rock solid so....

420-magazine-mobile412403560.jpg
420-magazine-mobile709435224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom