G13 & Durban PoisonxBlue Steel Grow SCROG

baddaddygreen

I’m back in the game.

Ok so I took a break from growing over the summer. It was just too damn hot and not really cost effective to grow in my converted garage... no temp control. But my February grow netted me a pound from three plants of raindance strain and over a pound of canna butter. It’s been a great summer !!! I hope all is well!

So, this grow is gonna be from some seeds my friend (who is a botanist) gave me. He’s also a breeder. He gave me hid cross breed of Durban poison and blue steel. And G13. I’m a bit skeptical on the genetics of the g13, but he insists it’s the real deal. I experimented in the spring with scrog. I will say this. It is definitely worth the extra effort. My first grow a year ago on this site netted me with a paltry 7 ounces from 6 plants. Killer smoke, but laughable yields. Then I went scrog on the second grow. On the second grow I scored. I harvested 1 pound from only three plants and one light. Im shooting for 2 lbs.

We shall see

My gear:

4x8x7 reflective grow tent
2 Advance Spectrum MAX 900 watt LED lights. (607 watts from the wall each)
Fox Farms soil
10 gallon fiber pots
2 4x4 scrog nets
450 CFM exhaust fan and carbon filter.
Well water

Nutes, I dunno. I just dropped 3 g13 and 4 DP/BS in some paper towels. I have some leftover mycos advanced hydroponics flora series but want to try something new. Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Peace!

I’m back in the game.

Ok so I took a break from growing over the summer. It was just too damn hot and not really cost effective to grow in my converted garage... no temp control. But my February grow netted me a pound from three plants of raindance strain and over a pound of canna butter. It’s been a great summer !!! I hope all is well!

So, this grow is gonna be from some seeds my friend (who is a botanist) gave me. He’s also a breeder. He gave me hid cross breed of Durban poison and blue steel. And G13. I’m a bit skeptical on the genetics of the g13, but he insists it’s the real deal. I experimented in the spring with scrog. I will say this. It is definitely worth the extra effort. My first grow a year ago on this site netted me with a paltry 7 ounces from 6 plants. Killer smoke, but laughable yields. Then I went scrog on the second grow. On the second grow I scored. I harvested 1 pound from only three plants and one light. Im shooting for 2 lbs.

We shall see

My gear:

4x8x7 reflective grow tent
2 Advance Spectrum MAX 900 watt LED lights. (607 watts from the wall each)
Fox Farms soil
10 gallon fiber pots
2 4x4 scrog nets
450 CFM exhaust fan and carbon filter.
Well water

Nutes, I dunno. I just dropped 3 g13 and 4 DP/BS in some paper towels. I have some leftover mycos advanced hydroponics flora series but want to try something new. Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Peace!
Go for it. You can easily get that goal if things go right in scrog

Greetings Growers.

I've finally committed to finishing this journal. So to catch up just follow along. I am skipping the seedling stage. It was pretty straight forward. I went head and purchased Advanced Nutrients Grow/Micro/Bloom line. I am simply following the labels guidelines for nutes. Full strength.

10/19/2018 Plants were looking just fine

Attachments

• 20181019_172431392_iOS 1.jpg
    20181019_172431392_iOS 1.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 232
10/19

two of the seeds I received from a friend was supposed to be G-13. At the same time I noticed that one of them turned male, so I quickly removed it and noticed that the other one was already in flower. I was kind of confused as he stated that they were photo period as he only grows photo plants. Oh well, 5 female Durban Steel and one auto flower. Who am I to complain?

Attachments

• 20181019_172436629_iOS.jpg
    20181019_172436629_iOS.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 224
11/2/18

This is where things started to get interesting. My plants were growing just fine. I set up my scrog. I used the same loosely strung scrog for my 5 Durban Poison/Blue Dream ladies. In my original post I noted that it was Durban/Blue Steel. That was a typo. Were growing Durban Dream.

Attachments

• 20181103_011513051_iOS.jpg
    20181103_011513051_iOS.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 236
10/19

two of the seeds I received from a friend was supposed to be G-13. At the same time I noticed that one of them turned male, so I quickly removed it and noticed that the other one was already in flower. I was kind of confused as he stated that they were photo period as he only grows photo plants. Oh well, 5 female Durban Steel and one auto flower. Who am I to complain?
If he breads he might have used an auto for a parent. I don't understand completely but if so then some can show auto traits. Pennyworth has a current journal and somewhere he mentions the breeding aspect. I'm not skilled there but try to keep up. You still did well.

11/03

Through no fault of my own I learned a little bit about Autoflowering cannabis. DO NOT TOP! I only topped because at the time I was unaware that it was an auto flower mixed in with my photo seeds. I call it a bonus because this baby will be harvested 60 days before the Durban Dream. And fresh buds for Christmas!!!!

Attachments

• 20181103_014737650_iOS.jpg
    20181103_014737650_iOS.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 235
11/03

Through no fault of my own I learned a little bit about Autoflowering cannabis. DO NOT TOP! I only topped because at the time I was unaware that it was an auto flower mixed in with my photo seeds. I call it a bonus because this baby will be harvested 60 days before the Durban Dream. And fresh buds for Christmas!!!!
Nothing like it! Btw, I and many of us do top autos. Some rules apply. Within 21 days of sprouting. Only if they are healthy and vigorously growing. My last autos were some blue dream from 420 and 4 produced over 14 oz dry.

Hey Baddaddy those girls look happy. Are you thinking of going up on pot size? What are your thoughts on lst before the scrog gets going? How about topping? Looks like you may have topped already.

be patient otter....that's coming up. I am still catching up on my journal. :peace:

11/06
Here's the Scrog setup Otter. As you can see its a simple setup. 4x4 pvc frame strung with nylon twine. Zip tied to the tent uprights which allows me to adjust the height as needed.

11/13

The scrog is filling out nicely. I spent some time doing LST with the scrog in place. At this point I was feeling quite smitten with myself that I got 5 females all scrogged up and flipped to flower....all plants have been transplanted into 5 gallon pots.

Attachments

• 20181106_020523097_iOS.jpg
    20181106_020523097_iOS.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 20181113_015741000_iOS 1.png
    20181113_015741000_iOS 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 275
  • 20181113_015818000_iOS 1.png
    20181113_015818000_iOS 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
This is where a little poop hits the fan. The Autoflower was in a 1/2 gal pot. So I decided to transplant it mid-flower into a larger 3 gal fabric pot. Unfortunately, the soil I used had lots of bat guano and worm castings and with the nutes added I singed the leaves a little bit... The soil was a tad hot. So I have been just watering it with 5.5ph well water and it settled down a bit. the leaves are a bit stressed. Fortunately the buds kept growing and the burning did not reach the buds. A narrowly averted disaster. Been growing indoors for a year and this was my first real problem. Lesson? Don't use Kellogs organic soil. Especially for transplanting mid flower.

Attachments

• 20181115_010935094_iOS 1.jpg
    20181115_010935094_iOS 1.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 228
11/16

This is where I start getting excited. A full scrog fully lollipopped party of 5 and the red-headed stepchild. The Autoflower is just getting water and a little ArmorSI and Diamond nectar for P and K

Then this happened. I kind of dropped the ball when I noticed the auto flowering. There was a single male plant as well that I cut in a previous post. Not thinking, I assumed I had all the males culled out of my garden. I wound up noticing 3 other males in my scrog! WTF! Soooooooooo I wanted to wait a couple days to verify and sure enough. I had to cut 3 of my plants out. Party foul! No one wants a sausage party.

So now I am down to 2 girls, all LST and trained from the scrog. For the most part the stalks have stiffened up and will most likely grow as is with a little bit of tying down. Ive already thinned out all the lower growth. This is the second week of flower. I switched 11/10 and they are going nuts. I may slide the scrog back down to spread the branches out a bit. but my canopy is looking pretty level. We shall see. I see this error as all errors made as lessons. No more no less. due to my not realizing there were multiple genetic strains here and only two plants in flower, I decided to actually order some Auto flower Gorilla Glue 4 and Critical Purple from Growers Choice seeds and they should be delivered today or Friday. I have my Hydroponics waiting in the wings and am going to utilize the other half of my 4x8 tent with 4 auto flowers.

After my cut them dudes out I hadda pull out my vape pen to calm down and bless them with some Presidential OG. I highly recommend this strain if you can find it. It is delectable.

G

Never a dull moment in my garden

Attachments

• 20181116_010414898_iOS 1.jpg
    20181116_010414898_iOS 1.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 214
  • 20181119_022001470_iOS.jpg
    20181119_022001470_iOS.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 20181119_013650538_iOS.jpg
    20181119_013650538_iOS.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 237
Nothing like it! Btw, I and many of us do top autos. Some rules apply. Within 21 days of sprouting. Only if they are healthy and vigorously growing. My last autos were some blue dream from 420 and 4 produced over 14 oz dry.

That's promising. 14 oz dry? How many plants? My next grow is going to slip right in next to my current grow. GG4 and Critical Purple.

:peace::roorrip:

Howdy growers.

I been out of the loop the last couple weeks with uhm life and stuff. Im sure you all can relate. The Grows are pushing along nicely. I decided to pull the autoflower as it was just in the way and I could not see flipping another light just for the one plant. I mean I wanted some new smoke. :roorrip: So dried it and lets just say the yield is nothing to write home about but it sure is stoney. Onward.

The Durban dream is looking outstanding, I've been using some "blends" of different nutes. Ive come to the realization or assumption that it really does not matter with soil and the combination of nutes. I'll list below what I am doing for the flower stage feedings.

Lights on temp 74F lights off 65
Well water. 57 ppm PH 8 3 Gallons

GH Floragro 1tsp/gal
GH ArmorSi 1tsp/ gal
GH Diamond Nectar 3 TSP per gal
GH CalMag 1 TSP /gal
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow part B 2 tsp/gal
Advanced Nutrients Bloom 2 TSP/gal
Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz 1/2 TSP/gal Use once a week.
ph down to 6

Back
Top Bottom