Skid's First Grow - G13 Haze & Kali Mist

Skid Harvey

Hey everyone, Im about to start my first grow, the reason Ive started to grow is I find some weed really helps me focus and stay on a task. I am tired of just buying weed withotu any refernce and hope that it helps.

I have sprouted some Kali mist and have some G13 Haze seeds in my pocket.

I will be using a 5x5 grow tent with a 600w HPS.

I know its a bit weak for light but I have two 125w florescents I may hang from the roof also for the extra light.

Im thinking of growing 2 plants of each on a individual to each plant scrog net.

I plan to use pro mix bx with perlite. I really want to keep it as simple as possible hence the individual scrog nets so I can move plants should the need arise.

Im at work so no pics but will upload later on.

I have an inital question on ventilation. I will ahve teh carbon filter up top with a fan suckign air through it and plan on having that air been blown through the cool tube then out teh other side.... does this work?

Also for drawing air into the tent at the bottom, can I get just a basic inline fan to pull air into the tent with ducting?

Thank you all in advance.

20150301_110515_zpsxpqxptfo.jpg

So the plants on the right are in basic pro mix potting soil nothing added, the strain is kali mist. about a week old the 4 on the right are the g13 haze, I plants in a 60/40 mix of pro mix potting soil and vermeculite/ Ive read that vermeculite is good for the seedlign phase.

I have a 125w cfl running 24 hours. The humidity is at 65% and temps are 75ish.

They are in jiffy pots. Im thinking of keeping one plant of each for mothers and growing 5 in my 4.5 x 4.5 tent.

Can I just go right into using my 600w hps once they are officailly in veg stage? 18/6 for light?

Im thinking of scrogging, but its my first grow and Im just kinda wanting to keep it very simple.

also trying to decide which size pots to use 5 or 7 gallon. and can I transplant them right into those pots or should I let them veg a bit in 1 gallon pots then transplant again?

thank you in advance.

20150301_110526_zpsex6qsbg8.jpg

this is a close up of the kali mist.

Update, the G13 haze seeds were garbage. Only 1/5 sprouted and I think its dead, very dissapointing. was hoping that 3/5 would germinate.

I went back to the store and the guy gave me store credit I grabbed a 5 pack of bubba kush.

I plan on LST my plants maybe even a scrog.

Are their any concerns I shoudl have with growing a sativa and a indica in the same tent? Im concerned with plant height, which is why I plan on LSTing.

Thanks.

I will post a pic of what I think is teh dead seeding, it sprouted but kept the membrane on the top which I removed, the two first "leaves" woudl not open so I helped it a bit and it has the two serrated leaves but ZERO growth in about 72 hours. Im concerned. I woudl like it to grow even so I can keep it as a mother plant..... Paid too much for the seeeds to get zero return.

20150306_165655_zpswdwtbaqp.jpg

This is the G13 Haze. It has been like this for about 3 days with no growth.

20150306_165703_zpsknijpscy.jpg

This is a pic of the stem if that helps. Im really holding out hope that its gonna be ok. Grabbed some bubba kush seeds today though

My seedling that I thought was dead has come back to life.

As it stands right now, I have 3 kali mist about a month old, 1 G13 haze that I plan to keep as a mother plant. and two bubba kush about a week old.

My plan is to grow out two Kali mist and one bubbakush.

Im going to keep the other 3 for mother plants in a seperate tent and clone the shit out of them and do a SOG for my second grow.

Any thoughts and or suggestions?

Im using a 125w cfl right now. I have it about 3" from the plants.

Im using dnf grow a and b at 25% strength on the kali mist. Its ph is 6.

Once the bubba kush gets its first fan leafs im going to switch to my cool tube 600w

My ballast is dimmable to 400 and 250 w should i slowly work way up to 600 or just blast them?

Looking forward to seeing this. Are these seeds feminised or regular? I wound avoid using nutrients until roughly week three, your soil should have enough nutrients to just water them during that time. Ph is best at 6.5, increase yours just a little and you'll be good. Humidity is a little on the high side, but not too bad. They say 40-60%during veg and 40-50% during flower but I like to dial mine in at 50 constantly, sometimes a little lower in flower. CFLs should get you a little more height and struct'ure until you can slowly bring up that HPS light. Just don't want to light or heat stress them with the light too close to the plantswhen you do introduce them to the HPS. If temp is 75 with CFLs make sure when you start running that HPS that the temps don't sky rocket. LEDs might be a good option for you if high temps are an issue and financially you can handle getting one. Do you have any fans moving air in the tent? Not only do fans move air replenishing the plant they build rigidity within the stems and make them stronger when they need it later on to hold flowering sites. And also get your pictures uploaded to 420mag before an admin has a hay day with this thread: )

P.s. Google grow tent setups and you'll find exactly how to have yours set up.

Ty for the replies. i am overwatering i think. Im going to hold off again till wednesday. I watered them last night. I have been giving the kali mist 1/4 nutes. The rest just water ph at about 6. These are all feminized seeds.
I just swithed the light to the hps. At 400w. I have a way overpowered fan 8" to keep the temps where i need them.

I need to be more disciplined with the watering. Im overdoing it which is why i plan to hold off for a few days to let the roots stretch.

I will post a updated pic asap.

Ty again for the replies

ph your water to 6.5-7
when I grew in some soil for a short time I used tap at ph7 worked fine
6 is a bit low for soil

Ty. I just have the basic PH up and down with the color indicator at this point.

Having temp control issues. The fan i have draws Ir through thw filter. Then through the cool tube. Im worried about blowing warm air through the cool tube

you should put the fan just outside the room and suck the air through the filter then through the cool tube and out. Fans lose efficiency when blowing through the resistance of ducting. You may want to look at having a fan blowing into the room of the same power as the exhaust fan for the 600w hps. Your exhaust fan will end up lasting a lot longer too which almost cancels out the cost of the extra fan and you will find temps will be easier too maintain the temps you want and lower humidity,. You can even be tricky and set the intake fan up to a thermostat. Of course you would know better as to the conditions outside your room so change things depending.

Thanks for the reply Padox. The fan I have is so damn strong that it sucks air through the bottom of my tent whetre I have some duct runnign in. It also suck in the walls of my tent if I put the dial up to high.

I may just get another fan

Edit: Im goping to get another fan to blow air into the tent at teh bottom, I think this will stop the sucking in of the tent and hopefully cool the air thats getting blown through the cool tube off a bit. I woudl rather not get another high powered fan for the cool tube at this point in time if I can avoid it

Having a bit of paralisis by analysis. My plants specifically my kali mist are about 3 weeks older then the otehr strains. Im worried that if I wait for the other to catch up with veg times the sativa will stretch like a mofo and take over the grow room.

I have been thinkign of just growing out the 3 kali mist and putting teh others in a veg tent. I have also been thinking of just saying fuck it and growing out all 6, then getting a veg tent in a couple of months .

I have also been thinking of growing out 2 of 3 kali mist 1 of 2 bubba kush and having the g13 haze in a veg tent asap.

Money is very tight and spending another 150 with everything for another tent will have the boss (wife) pissed. It was already hard enough to get the start up funds....... as I write this I am leaning towards just growing out all 6 then if something happens to one plant I have others.

My goals was to harvest about a pound...... is this realistic given its my first grow? I think with 3 kali mist, 1 G13 Haze (both sativa) and the 2 bubba kush (indica) I should be able to pull about 2.5 oz off each.....

But then if I grow them all the stretch situation will still be the same.

20150315_173959.jpg

Here are the plants, you can see the Kali Mist is WAY bigger then the others, the G13 Haze has been a problem from the get go.

Is there a way to stall the growth of the KM and bring the others up to speed?

Thanks in advance

Ty. I just have the basic PH up and down with the color indicator at this point.

Having temp control issues. The fan i have draws it through the filter. Then through the cool tube. I'm worried about blowing warm air through the cool tube

Keep it around 6.5, it's the best for nutrient uptake. There's a few charts online you can find pretty easily that show you.

Having a bit of paralisis by analysis. My plants specifically my kali mist are about 3 weeks older then the otehr strains. Im worried that if I wait for the other to catch up with veg times the sativa will stretch like a mofo and take over the grow room.

I have been thinkign of just growing out the 3 kali mist and putting teh others in a veg tent. I have also been thinking of just saying fuck it and growing out all 6, then getting a veg tent in a couple of months .

I have also been thinking of growing out 2 of 3 kali mist 1 of 2 bubba kush and having the g13 haze in a veg tent asap.

Money is very tight and spending another 150 with everything for another tent will have the boss (wife) pissed. It was already hard enough to get the start up funds....... as I write this I am leaning towards just growing out all 6 then if something happens to one plant I have others.

My goals was to harvest about a pound...... is this realistic given its my first grow? I think with 3 kali mist, 1 G13 Haze (both sativa) and the 2 bubba kush (indica) I should be able to pull about 2.5 oz off each.....

But then if I grow them all the stretch situation will still be the same.

If you can get your hands on a cheap fan I would recommend it but you should put your fan after your cool tube and it should help with more heat issues. (Carbon filter > Cool Tube > Fan > Ducted out of Tent) fans are made to pull air, not push it as equally. Two tents would be a good idea but until you're able to fund another tent I would worry about finishing this crop first and tweak this one to work as best to your ability. Remember, it's not just another tent but another light, bulbs, fans, carbon filter, ducting & work plus a higher electricity bill.

I think you have a good amount of time you can continue vegging them before you should be concerned with running out of room. Plus if you head on over to a ton of other grow journals in tents your plants will be close to each other if not touching somewhat.

I would recommend topping the sativa (like you would be taking a clone) either soon or once it starts to get out of hand to keep it closer to the indica heights.. A lb should be doable depending on how big you let them go and how well you're able to LST each stem to allow deeper light penetration. If you don't train them to utilize every bit of light they can get your chances of getting a pound diminish. Better light, consistent and healthy feedings plus the best controlled environment you can give them will increase your chance of pulling more weight per plant.

Ty for the reply Stevio. My filter is 8" my tube is 6" so its not an option now that I know of.

So I almost killed everything lol. I had my fan plugged into my on/off timer I thought it was my light, so my fan has been turning off and my light has been staying on frying the shit out of my girls.

I topped the kali mist, accidentally cut a stem on one. will post pics later

Back
Top Bottom