Gator's Cage

Re: Gators' Cage

Any grow with tom waits in it and im in...better late than never.

Been watching this thread for some time. Frickin sweet cage!

re: Tom Waits

"He was arrested in 1977 outside Duke's Tropicana Coffee Shop in Los Angeles. Waits and a friend were trying to stop some men from bullying other patrons. The men were plainclothes police, and Waits and his friend were taken into custody and charged with disturbing the peace. The jury found Waits not guilty; he took the police department to court and was awarded $7,500 compensation."

Didn't know that he partakes of the herb.

I like him even more now.

keep preaching the gospel of simplicity, my conservative brother, K.I.S.S. kicks ass!
My constructions are complex for me, but my goal is simplicity.

this has to be one of the most creative grows I have ever seen. mad props man!
Welcome Mr Vega, I have something new to share.

SS, Tom Waits hasn't shared confidenses with me, except through his work.
While bad-mouthing booze, he doesn't seem to promote cannabis, but...
Snapshot_2010-09-06_02-22-47.jpg

Alas, the video probably isn't his work.

Welcome ZeppelinBaked. Glad you find the cage propa, but...
My old stuff is not so pretty to me, there's always new tricks to try.

Another TW fan finds the cage, where Gator is hopefully not pulling on Troubles Braids.
Glad you're here, Snowbender.

Pres, my fellow poet. Finding the bottom of the bowl is process, not a goal.

Soniq, I put my procrastination on hold for a bit and built. Recycled plastic.
Why is it so complicated to simplify?

From a tray of eleven, pick four. All of them the same, and the rest go in the heap.
000_1206.JPG

I needed a catch-basin, and mounting arrangement.
The 6" wide band is 8' long, cut from a vinyl sheet I salvaged.
000_1192.JPG

The bocks locate and shape the spliced ringwall/plate support.
000_1198.JPG

3.5 mil plastic sheeting for a pool liner
000_1199.JPG

.75" MDF, 2" hole-saw penetrations, 3 liter soda bottles
000_1200.JPG

Coco coir with two small measures of Osmocote prills each, bare CMH 250w
000_1207.JPG

Ahhh...the cage has turned into a padded cell..muahahaha!! lol. Four beauties squaring off, each to their own corner. Will this be another bare-bulb rumble??

bare-bulb rumble??
1st round went to my cat. He chewed up one of them when I wasn't looking.
I called him a tifling booger, and turned an intact side to the light.
He isn't deterred by that bright bulb in his face. Such an idiot!

My constructions are complex for me, but my goal is simplicity.

Welcome Mr Vega, I have something new to share.

SS, Tom Waits hasn't shared confidenses with me, except through his work.
While bad-mouthing booze, he doesn't seem to promote cannabis, but...
Snapshot_2010-09-06_02-22-47.jpg

Alas, the video probably isn't his work.

I saw that, and also that he was struggling to open a box of Top rolling papers at the end. Makes me think that he partakes fairly regularly.

But my new admiration for him has nothing to do with MJ. It has to do with him putting himself at risk to help others.

From a tray of eleven, pick four. All of them the same, and the rest go in the heap.
000_1206.JPG

Gosh, I have a hard time chucking fems. Must be from growing with reg seed ;).

Thank you for the detailed construction pics! I would have never thought of using a liner to make a custom-sized catch basin.

This is going to be great!

4 plants with plenty of room, 250w CMH, and coco with OC+.

When you say "small measure" of OC+, just how much is dat?

A skosh or a smidgen?
queried the pigeon

Tom Waits is a jerk.
Although I would likely soon be bored in the company of someone who had never 'acted out', I separate art from artist.
I've read that his life changed, as did his work after he met Kathleen Brennan in 1980.
33 yr grudge? Wow

SS, when your moms need trimming, you'll have cuttings to use abuse and throw away. If you let moms overgrow, you'll regret it.
Till five minutes before I cut the first of four holes, I thought I would run eight plants. I have right now nearly 50 'clones', ready to go. I'll run twenty between three 'cabs'.
I have OC no plus. Scotts website does not recommend OC+ for pot(ted) plants.
Two small spoons of prills weighs 3.4g. Should I use more?
000_1208.JPG

Here's a reference for how much to use in containers. This reference is not for regular OC, but rather for OC+, so bear that in mind because I don't know if that makes a difference, although I suspect it doesn't.

There are three different rates, depending on several factors, soilless mediums being one of them. The highest rate is what's recommended for soilless.

sweet!!! ive been waiting to see how OC+ dose in CoCo? i am doing the same thing my next grow, but now i get a tester preview while i finish my current grow.. good luck bro.
Irish, I need/want good crops, but... H&G has served me very well, but so did GH. Might Scotts do also? It's the friggin additives and high application rates that get to me. I'm bringing in a familiar run of GWS on 5 mils A&B Cocos. In big city tap water, about 240ppm pre-load. Trics and development seem similar to my last in which I used 10 each + additives. Trics IMO, is about genetics, light, then grow conditions.
The PX I am running now was very heavy resinated, as my photo above shows. I don't want to miss any sugar or stink, but we will see.
Setting Suns' successful results convinced me.

Here's a reference for how much to use in containers. This reference is not for regular OC, but rather for OC+, so bear that in mind because I don't know if that makes a difference, although I suspect it doesn't.

There are three different rates, depending on several factors, soilless mediums being one of them. The highest rate is what's recommended for soilless.
Whoa! This I needed to know: "heavy leaching conditions" is my normal
drain to waste fertigation in coco. Shit just got complicated on me.
The few prills I now have in there is not much, so
I'm going to search the bottom of a bowl for some answers.

Irish, I need/want good crops, but... H&G has served me very well, but so did GH. Might Scotts do also? It's the friggin additives and high application rates that get to me. I'm bringing in a familiar run of GWS on 5 mils A&B Cocos. In big city tap water, about 240ppm pre-load. Trics and development seem similar to my last in which I used 10 each + additives. Trics IMO, is about genetics, light, then grow conditions.
The PX I am running now was very heavy resinated, as my photo above shows. I don't want to miss any sugar or stink, but we will see.
Setting Suns' successful results convinced me.

ia agree for the most part resin is about the genetics and condition's lights ect.. but i know some additives help to aid in more resin for sure... ive seen it many times in side by sides. its just picking out the right additive..lol.. thats why i only use one kind because ive seen countless side by sides from friends thats proves it made a difference.. their are others ive used and seen a difference but not like the one ive been using.

I am not 100% sold yet that OC+ help aid in the sugars on our plant. i have yet to see some super frosty buds using OC+, but it could be in the members strains and thats why? i am taking no chances and adding my GF to my plants to help out.

Whoa! This I needed to know: "heavy leaching conditions" is my normal
drain to waste fertigation in coco. Shit just got complicated on me.
The few prills I now have in there is not much, so
I'm going to search the bottom of a bowl for some answers.

Last thing I want to do is provide info that burns your ladies, but since OC+ releases nutes through osmosis according to to temp, moisture levels, and flow over the prills, it's really hard to burn plants with it if you overdose.

Scotts has an example on their website where they gave a plant something like 100X the normal dose and all it did was grow bigger than the rest. Not a sick leaf on that plant.

Hope you got some help from that bowl, or at least a good buzz ;).

20 x 25" cardboard frame removed filter material,
baste stitched and 'duck' taped to collect cat hairs.
One hole for the cord, feel through for the switch.
000_1209.JPG

Is that also for odor control, or just mostly cat hair duty?

I love cats and dogs both, but any pet that mauls a plant would have to get some negative reinforcement via water in a spray bottle.

some cats like water too, lol

any pet that mauls a plant would have to get some negative reinforcement via water in a spray bottle.
Good medicine, but I can't discipline him at all. I call him complex insulting names with a calm voice. Who's a pussy cat? He did no harm, just chewed a couple bottom fans. Mea culpa, I wasn't watching.

100x normal? Scotts rules. Maybe I'll load it(the grow) with enough to work with 10 to 15% wash-through, but tonight I fed it H&G. When it recovers transplant and learns to love the new light, I'll re-consider burying a bunch of prills.

Someone on one of your threads spoke of an inexpensive carbon impregnanted filter that he McGyvered. I'll investigate as I'm going to have a chore keeping PX stench to myself. This filter is just for dust and cat hairs. Cat has very fine, dense fur; airborn pollution.

well, I'm glad he didn't do more damage than that. "complex insulting names in a calm voice"................sounds like you guys have an arrangement ;).

I can't find the page that shows the overdosed plant results, but I'll find it.

I don't agree at all with the "water has no effect at all" on release rate on the above Scotts pdf.

If the prills don't have moisture, there is zero release rate. It has a nice long shelf life if it stays dry ;).

In addition, the osmosis causes the released nutes to build up on the surface of the prill. Sometimes they look white from the released salts, which is normal, but without the flow of water to wash them off the prill and into the medium, not much is gonna happen either. Bottom-watering a container with prills probably won't work very well unless the prills are pretty far down in there.

I also noted in the following pdf that it says that the deeper you can "dibble" the prills into the medium, the more even the release rate will be, as temp fluctuations are higher at the top of the container than in the middle.

here's another pdf that might be helpful:

Osmocote - Controlled Release Fertiliser

Back
Top Bottom