Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

Exactly it is strange. Im gonna run some diagnostics and see the ip ranges to see if it is a government attack trying to shutdown the site. I dont play around when it comes to this shit.

remember though, orwell, it doesn't have to be a government, it could be what we brits like to call: A Wanker. A person who wants to make a bit of coin by ripping people's data. or a not-for-profit trouble maker. or the advertising systems went a bit wrong.

governments are starting to see the amount of coin that weed can generate, they aren't going to try and shut the site down. if anything, governments would prefer us all to be baked and easier to control lol

Overgrow. com was shutdown by the government and they were the largest best possible site like this that ever existed. You are right it doesnt have to be the government but whenever fishy things happen if you look at the root it most always is the government but thats a huge subject and I dont want to clog your journal with for instances and history lessons.I let the moderators know we will find out soon enough what is going on

that's unfortunate.

this harvesting takes ages doesn't it? and my fingers are sticky as hell, in fact, so is my phone and my scissors. and the trim pile is huge. I'm keeping some of the trim; if there's frosty bits on it, I'm keeping it. I'll dry it off and shred it and smoke the bejesus out of it. pointless to waste it.

Yeah your first time takes forever. Even longer depending on your scissors. Dont worry it will be faster in your next crops. Yes I smoke the leaves to I bud wash then let them drip dry overnight then hang as normal. The leaves nearest the buds are the keepers. The others just dilute the smoke and are good if you are going to make cannabutter out of them.

Ok, so, my harvest is completed. I have some questions, though first, here's the photos

2014-08-08_22_50_24.jpg
2014-08-08_23_31_08.jpg
2014-08-08_23_31_01.jpg

So, the big buds are self explanatory. in all, i got 10 of those along with 4 small ones on sticks. These are already trimmed before the photos were taken.

The two pizza trays with tea towels on them contain the trim. It's not exactly your normal trim: It's all the sweet leaf as well as all of the popcorn buds. My first question pertains to how i dry this; do i leave it as it is? oven it? mic it?

Also, the green bag is all the shit; big stems, fan leaves, all the crap that wouldn't get me stoned. i did eat a bit of it... but my mouth and tongue went a little numb and i figured there's a reason weed ain't salad lol

Anyway, the trim trays have been prepared thusly; lightly chopped with a knife, stems removed and then it's all spread out on the tea towel. The pizza trays are perforated on the bottom.

So my plan is simple; follow standard procedures for curing the big buds as per the green haired girl's website.

The trim will, hopefully, dry and be (my own) smoke. It'll hopefully live in a bag or something.

My main concern is Mould. I do not want my shit going mouldy.

I've got it hanging up in my bedroom, which is a warm, dry room (the humidity is on the floor in here) My question is; do i need to do anything or make any changes to this procedure?

p.s. to the moderators; I'm not quite finished with the journal yet, i want to do final dry weight, a quick costing and a smoke report. thanks :)

I should be here but I just got a concerning message trying to find out why.

420_block.png

I got a similar message using Firefox. I contacted Rico about it, and he assured me it's not a problem with 420, it's just the network they happen to use that causes the problem.

Equan.. DAMN! Nice colas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN man!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!

:thumb: Big thumbs up for you. Very impressive!!

thanks man.

weird thing is, the one that is third in from the left? looks kinda small right? heavier than most of the ones on the right. weird right? i imagine that one will take longer to dry. more thick like. hope it's not all stem lol

also, I've not mentioned but I've shoved the bare plants back into the oven on 18/6 for a reveg. Basically i don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on a new strain, so while I'm waiting i might as well try a reveg just to see what it's like and also i don't have to wash out my coir right now, cos i can't be bothered trying to store it or something.

If your plants have leaves left, you can possibly reveg. But if they're bare, and have no leaves it may not work out.

For your trim: If you plan to smoke it, I would slow dry, and cure like the rest of your buds. If you only plan to use it for hash, oil, etc.. I think any drying is fine, since you won't be using any part of the leaf then. I see you answered my trim question later on lol. slow drying and curing should help make it a little smoother.

Dry the buds as slow as possible, but not too slow. And you want to have a little air circulation at all times. I believe a good drying time was about 21C/70F

The cola that seems heavier is probably more dense than the others, which may be large, but not densely packed.

yeah three of the plants have some leaves, small ones. one or two flowers in there but they were the malnourished dog ends that didn't even have any sugar. so if i see any new growth in the next 5 or so weeks I'll snip those off. I've read it takes like 5 weeks to do a reveg.

got a breeze supplied by a desk fan about 10 feet away. 25.3c and 60% humidity.

please for the love of jah dont throw it in the microwave.. oven i will still cry over but at least your not hitting the resin with heat waves i know many do it but i dont even use a microwave for popcorn. im just anti microwave ;)

what you have going now is great, next time you can leave a small branch that kind of will make an 'A' shape and you can hang it between the two branches. just makes it easier but your way works just as good. keep it dark in there and if you can aim for 62-67% humidity with air flow, you get in there your golden.

I&i

please for the love of jah dont throw it in the microwave.. oven i will still cry over but at least your not hitting the resin with heat waves i know many do it but i dont even use a microwave for popcorn. im just anti microwave ;)

I&i

I have used the mic on one or two popcorns previously. it worked better than the toaster or the grill. the oven would destroy it. i will leave it on the tray with fresh towels once or twice a day and see how we get on.

in my opinion the mic destroys it too. taste and the high but like i said i just have a personal thing against microwaves. i was saying i dont use it for popcorn as in like actual corn that you pop here in the states we call it popcorn.

if you leave them on the towel you will need to flip them every 8-12 hours recommended so they dont mold on the side they are pressing against the towel

I&i

Gf is right the microwave destroys the smell and taste but I dont feel it degrades the high very much if you follow these steps.

Have a small rubbermaid container that will fit into your microwave. Line the bottom of the inside of the container with a paper towel. Fasten the lid to your container on 3 of the 4 corners.(Leave the 1 corner for the steam to escape) Next take 2 paper towels wet them so they are damp and place them on top of the outside of the lid but make sure they are just damp and not dripping wet. Make sure not to cover the open corner. Next put in microwave and set the power to 4. You will want to set the time to 15 minutes but open the microwave and rewet the towels on the lid and wipe any moisture from the inside of the container. Do this in 5 minute increments until you do it often enough to accurately judge the time. Feel free to check ever 2 and a half minutes if you like and repeat the steps. Ive done this 5 times and all 5 times the buds come out and smoke right just dont expect that pleasant smell with properly dried and cured buds.

i think the trim is already dry. i was out all day and came back and it's all dry and crispy but still has a leafy smell to it (chlorophyll?)

either way, I've scooped it all up and put it in a jar.

and now, time to skin up ;)

tmp_2521-IMG_20140810_015747925327509.jpg

The processed trim.

I removed the stems and hard nobbly bobbly things, dried it out (apparently too quickly) and spent the last hour cutting it up with some especially shit scissors in that jar. I'd never have got it all in that jar while it was still wet lol

Hey man I wasnt criticizing you just telling you what the issue was. Anyways, yeah you lose 85% minimum of the weight during drying and up to 95% during a cure. Make sure to burp the lid every day to ensure buds dont get moldy and wipe any water off. You can add a desicant pack that normally comes inside new shoes place it in the jar with the nugs .

Hey man I wasnt criticizing you just telling you what the issue was. Anyways, yeah you lose 85% minimum of the weight during drying and up to 95% during a cure. Make sure to burp the lid every day to ensure buds dont get moldy and wipe any water off. You can add a desicant pack that normally comes inside new shoes place it in the jar with the nugs .

now all the oxygen pack things in shoes are going to be coming up missing in stores, nice! hahaha.

yea when it comes to curing its always a learning process (or is for me anyways) im looking into these C Vaults to make it fool proof myself. but the last cure i did i ended up taking about 50% of the fan leaves off and leaving the others on so it didnt dry to fast.

First time curing i left all fan leaves on, terrible mistake i got hay smell..

after a few times i started trimming all fan leaves off, that made it dry way to fast.

after a few more times i found out that you dont want it to dry fast but you dont want that smell to get trapped in by the fan leaves so to trim off 50% has helped me out some, but obviously if im interested in C Vaults i still feel i can do better. best part of being on this site is watching everyone help each other with the learning process.

I&i

Back
Top Bottom