GG Goes Loco with Coco - Feat. The Blues and Shark Attack!

Been watering the coco daily. No nutes yet. Roots grew fast on the clones, and they've been transplanted. Some are now on 18/6 with my mother plant (who has been SERIOUSLY chopped) and I'm going to get some lights set up for them tonight.

IMG02226-20100907-1343.jpg

IMG02225-20100907-1342.jpg

On top of my fridge, the Blue Widow and Shark Attack are refusing to peek out. The Royal Haze seed will not crack.

IMG02227-20100907-1346.jpg

Things are mostly happy in cocoland.

Quick update; not much to report. I have 6 seeds (Shark Attack, Royal Haze, Blue Widow, + bagseeds) refusing to sprout, 3 seedlings (2 bagseed, 1 Blue Hash), and 8 clones (keeping only 2-4). I ran out of space for the mother plant, so I moved her to flower...I've got too many clones so I can always designate a new mom.

The clones have already been fimmed once and are getting super weak (1ml/gal) nutes+cal-mag twice a week and are watered daily. Everyone else just gets water.

IMG02321-20100911-0748.jpg

IMG02322-20100911-0750.jpg

Up up and away my friend :Rasta: Pop them seeds bro. Can't wat to see them grow. Do you mix anything with the coco or just straight coco?

Just coco. And what I've heard about how fast roots grow in it is true!

No doubt! I was really surprised at the growth rate when I first switched from soil to coco. It has great air and water retention...all you have to do is supply the nutes and they grow grow grow!!

Everything is looking excellent so far. can't wait to see how those Blue Hash turn out! :smokin:

Good growing, coco with Cocos. I recommend 5 + 5 mls A&B for the babies, every day. Put in enough for excess to run through.

What water have you? Cal-mag may not be required, I've never used it. Either my city water has some to offer, or H&G Cocos is formulated for the medium we use. I think it's door #2. It's what we pay the big bucks for, and Cocos is a very highly regarded nutrient.

+ rep, for luck

Good growing, coco with Cocos. I recommend 5 + 5 mls A&B for the babies, every day. Put in enough for excess to run through.

What water have you? Cal-mag may not be required, I've never used it. Either my city water has some to offer, or H&G Cocos is formulated for the medium we use. I think it's door #2. It's what we pay the big bucks for, and Cocos is a very highly regarded nutrient.

+ rep, for luck
[

Hey, I just read your journal last night and was thinking you'd be a good person to ask for advice about feeding...so it's very cool that you stopped by, and thanks for the advice! I'm going to try it. I gave them 2ml this morning; I'll up it to 5 tomorrow.

I'm using city tap water. I haven't been pHing it quite low enough, but I got that straightened out today.

I'll try leaving out the cal-mag for now unless the plants show a deficiency.

Hey, I just read your journal last night and was thinking you'd be a good person to ask for advice about feeding...so it's very cool that you stopped by, and thanks for the advice! I'm going to try it. I gave them 2ml this morning; I'll up it to 5 tomorrow.

I'm using city tap water. I haven't been pHing it quite low enough, but I got that straightened out today.

I'll try leaving out the cal-mag for now unless the plants show a deficiency.
:thumb:

I'm beginning to think that hand watering coco kind of sucks. Depending on how many of the clones I keep, I might set up a drip system for flowering.

The second round of topping/fimming will happen soon. Also, I may need to move everything over to the larger rack. Oh, and I've got roots peeking out of the bottoms of some of those small pots...transplants will be needed sooner than I thought.

IMG02429-20100916-1808.jpg

Royal Haze finally sprouted, but Shark Attack and Blue Widow are still hiding.

Does anyone else think these three seedlings are really small for being 2-3 weeks old?

IMG02424-20100916-1139.jpg

Cotyledons were yellowing on the two bagseedlings, so I got them started on nutes at 2ml/gal.

Also, did a few more transplants and added a couple more bulbs today. Lighting is 40-50 watts/sq ft on both veg racks.

Between my two grows and all the plants at different stages, I currently have 5 different watering formulas to keep track of...it's keeping me busy! And it looks like I'll be flowering all of the coco clones myself, which was not in the plan.

I was using fine ground coco before but my store didn't have it in small bricks so I'm using the chunkier stuff now...one advantage is that it doesn't slosh all over the pots and make valleys when I water.

Pics later, maybe.

I don't have a pic at the moment, but Cocoland is getting way crowded way faster than I expected. I was planning to put 2 of 8 clones into flower next week, but all of them will probably be ready to go.

I don't have enough light for this! A friend was supposed to take some clones off my hands, but apparently hasn't been able to get set up and has to pass on the free plants this time around.

I found a guy on Craiglist selling a 1000W ballast with 2 bulbs and reflector and everything for $200 or best offer. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with the specs...if it's HPS or convertible (anything but MH, as that isn't my immediate need) and I can verify it works, I'm offering him $170 today.

Of course I have no earthly idea how I'd keep my bloom room temps down with that light...but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Back
Top Bottom