Gorilla Seeds: Honest Review

BigDannel

Hi everyone, :ciao:

I get so much from these forums and felt like I should give a little bit back in terms of a review. Gorilla Seeds is a sponsor here but I had used them years ago before even joining this site and knowing of their sponsorship here, that's just an added bonus. So like I said, I ordered from them years ago for my first grow ever. I sent them cash in an envelope and overall the order took about a month to the U.S., including the time for my money to get to them. Extra seeds, stealth shipping, tracking information, etc.

Flash forward to now, I'm getting back into things and Gorilla Seeds has gotten even better. They carry so many different breeders and strains and have nice freebies too. I was psyched to see that they have a HUGE discount if you pay using Bitcoin, and they make it super easy to do so. They also take major credit cards, cash in an envelope, etc. So I decided to place an order right during the height of COVID, expecting huge delays or even the possibility of not being able to get anything. I got my nice Bitcoin discount and freebies with the order and the next day got an email (from an actual person! :) ) that said they were out of one of the seeds in my order. This was due to COVID and they were super-quick to reach out to me. They gave me the option of a refund, the option to wait for the seeds to be in stock, or the option of an upgrade. I had originally ordered 2 seeds and got 5 feminized seeds as a replacement! So in my first order I got a total of 12 seeds and paid for 6. The order came in about 2 weeks with stealth shipping and everything was perfect.

A few weeks later, still during the height of COVID, I decided I wanted more and placed 2 more separate orders. Same deal, Bitcoin discount, free seeds and great customer service. Honestly to be able to talk to a person in less than 24 hours is refreshing and rare these days, these people truly care about making their customers happy. I am looking to place another order with them soon because I want to get into some CBD strains and they have a really nice selection. If you reach out to them they may even be able to find something not listed on the site although I have never done that myself.

So overall I give Gorilla Seeds a 10/10.

Selection - 9/10
They have a huge selection, although they don't have everything in the world. I don't think any seed bank does though.

Shipping - 10/10
Only based on 4 times to the US, never one issue. All my seeds from them pop and are packaged and shipped in a great way.

Customer Service - 20/10
Sounds stupid but honestly after dealing with huge companies that don't care, Gorilla Seeds does it right here and have a repeat customer on this alone.

Misc. - 8.5/10
The Bitcoin discount and freebies are amazing. I do wish that they had a forum presence here and/or a promo code for members. I understand that not all companies can maintain an active forum member so don't want to hold that against them too much when they respond to emails immediately.

I hope this review will help you, especially right now when it seems many of you are struggling to find a reliable source. I suggest supporting a forum sponsor in Gorilla Seeds, you won't be disappointed.

Same here. Growing up I had so many money orders go overseas never to get anything back. Gave up and grew bag seeds or get lucky with a friend‘a dad that grew and had some GDP and Maui Wowie seeds thrown my way. Then women and college took over my life, followed by my career. Things change, women leave, jobs stop drug testing, so I go back to growing. Started looking around at states with legalized weed and dispensary’s with seeds with very little luck. Apparently saying you’re selling seeds for novelty purposes doesn’t actually fly that well outside the internet. Went back to looking online and saw a lot of things have changed. I went with Seedsman for my first two orders and very happy but now I would like to start looking for other sources just as good as Seedsman was to me because like you said it’s hard choosing just one or even ten strains. Gotta keep my options open.

I think my next seed purchasing window will be for Black Friday and Gorilla will be on my list.

Same here. Growing up I had so many money orders go overseas never to get anything back. Gave up and grew bag seeds or get lucky with a friend‘a dad that grew and had some GDP and Maui Wowie seeds thrown my way. Then women and college took over my life, followed by my career. Things change, women leave, jobs stop drug testing, so I go back to growing. Started looking around at states with legalized weed and dispensary’s with seeds with very little luck. Apparently saying you’re selling seeds for novelty purposes doesn’t actually fly that well outside the internet. Went back to looking online and saw a lot of things have changed. I went with Seedsman for my first two orders and very happy but now I would like to start looking for other sources just as good as Seedsman was to me because like you said it’s hard choosing just one or even ten strains. Gotta keep my options open.

I think my next seed purchasing window will be for Black Friday and Gorilla will be on my list.

Kinda similar path here, finally a bit more settled down now and own my own place so it is a bit easier, although not without challenges. Seedsman does seem like a good option, I just have never tried it. I hope they are listed as a sponsor again soon, I'm not sure what happened with that but in the meantime can definitely suggest Gorilla Seeds. They've always hooked me up and haven't let me down. It makes me want to place another order just because I know that I'll get free seeds and they'll come quickly.

Hi everyone, :ciao:

I get so much from these forums and felt like I should give a little bit back in terms of a review. Gorilla Seeds is a sponsor here but I had used them years ago before even joining this site and knowing of their sponsorship here, that's just an added bonus. So like I said, I ordered from them years ago for my first grow ever. I sent them cash in an envelope and overall the order took about a month to the U.S., including the time for my money to get to them. Extra seeds, stealth shipping, tracking information, etc.

Flash forward to now, I'm getting back into things and Gorilla Seeds has gotten even better. They carry so many different breeders and strains and have nice freebies too. I was psyched to see that they have a HUGE discount if you pay using Bitcoin, and they make it super easy to do so. They also take major credit cards, cash in an envelope, etc. So I decided to place an order right during the height of COVID, expecting huge delays or even the possibility of not being able to get anything. I got my nice Bitcoin discount and freebies with the order and the next day got an email (from an actual person! :) ) that said they were out of one of the seeds in my order. This was due to COVID and they were super-quick to reach out to me. They gave me the option of a refund, the option to wait for the seeds to be in stock, or the option of an upgrade. I had originally ordered 2 seeds and got 5 feminized seeds as a replacement! So in my first order I got a total of 12 seeds and paid for 6. The order came in about 2 weeks with stealth shipping and everything was perfect.

A few weeks later, still during the height of COVID, I decided I wanted more and placed 2 more separate orders. Same deal, Bitcoin discount, free seeds and great customer service. Honestly to be able to talk to a person in less than 24 hours is refreshing and rare these days, these people truly care about making their customers happy. I am looking to place another order with them soon because I want to get into some CBD strains and they have a really nice selection. If you reach out to them they may even be able to find something not listed on the site although I have never done that myself.

So overall I give Gorilla Seeds a 10/10.

Selection - 9/10
They have a huge selection, although they don't have everything in the world. I don't think any seed bank does though.

Shipping - 10/10
Only based on 4 times to the US, never one issue. All my seeds from them pop and are packaged and shipped in a great way.

Customer Service - 20/10
Sounds stupid but honestly after dealing with huge companies that don't care, Gorilla Seeds does it right here and have a repeat customer on this alone.

Misc. - 8.5/10
The Bitcoin discount and freebies are amazing. I do wish that they had a forum presence here and/or a promo code for members. I understand that not all companies can maintain an active forum member so don't want to hold that against them too much when they respond to emails immediately.

I hope this review will help you, especially right now when it seems many of you are struggling to find a reliable source. I suggest supporting a forum sponsor in Gorilla Seeds, you won't be disappointed.
Do they take Credit or Debit Card ? Bitcoin sucks !!! You have to wait 2 weeks to use bitcoin after purchasing it. I've lost hundreds of dollars over the years during that 2 week waiting period. Seeds end up costing way more if you add in the amount you lose.
Cash in the mail ? No Way !!! Not me. I don't care if others have done it & got their seeds as I have ran into plenty who just lost their money.
They have to take Credit Card to be a really good company in my book.

Hi Buds. Do you recommend anyone? I've only ever used Seedsman in the past and have been very happy with pricing, selection, payment methods and stealth delivery. I'll be looking to support another 420Mag sponsor next time I source seed now Seedsman have left
I haven't used any of the sponsors seed banks yet. Still haven't found a sponsor that takes credit cards. I know a couple that take C.C. but they aren't sponsors. Hard to find the ones who do. I don't mind Bank Transfer though as that's a safe method of payment too. One company I deal with you can go to a B of A & deposit the $ in their account & through Bank Transfer. They are in Fla. so I get the seeds in about 7 - 10 days. Bitch is they only sell seeds in 5's, 10's & mix packs. But guaranteed delivery & germination. You probably know who I'm talking about. by the info I gave without mentioning the company.

Thanks mate. I probably should have mentioned in in Australia lol. I was considering trying dope-seeds next time. They look to be reasonable but it's honestly going to be hard for me to go past Seedsman after the success I've already had with them. I'm currently waiting on a Seedsman order to be delivered so if it arrives I'll be all good for genetics for my next few rounds anyway. Should be here any day now:nervous-guy:

Thanks mate. I probably should have mentioned in in Australia lol. I was considering trying dope-seeds next time. They look to be reasonable but it's honestly going to be hard for me to go past Seedsman after the success I've already had with them. I'm currently waiting on a Seedsman order to be delivered so if it arrives I'll be all good for genetics for my next few rounds anyway. Should be here any day now:nervous-guy:
I just bought some seeds from Dope-Seeds the other night. I obviously haven’t received them yet but no complaints so far. They run some of the same promos the other banks do. I think I ended up with 35-45 free seeds after I was done and around $120 in discounts.
Do they take Credit or Debit Card ? Bitcoin sucks !!! You have to wait 2 weeks to use bitcoin after purchasing it. I've lost hundreds of dollars over the years during that 2 week waiting period.
Coinbase allows you to instantly buy bitcoin using a credit card, no waiting period. Even with the minor fee for buying bitcoin using a credit card (2.99%, FYI their bank transfer fee is 1.49% if you go that route) that’s still well below the 15-25% discount most seed banks give you for using bitcoin.

Also, Seedsman sent me an email the other day saying they are now accepting BillPay as a payment option and will give you the same 4 freebies as their bitcoin deal does, no discounts like you get for using bitcoin unfortunately.

I still haven’t gotten around to using Gorilla, I haven’t found good enough deals from them to pull the trigger, maybe this fall for Black Friday.

Coinbase allows you to instantly buy bitcoin using a credit card, no waiting period.
You can buy it instantly at the current value. But you can not spend it / send it for 2 weeks. If the value of the bitcoin goes down you lose money. I put $250 on bitcoin once & by time the 2 week waiting period was over I had about $163 left to spend. That is the most I lost. I've lost money several times this way & only gained money once. With the way the worlds economy is right now I feel it's a buyers market. If you can buy & hold on to it for a year or 2 you will make big bucks off it.
But it would probably result in a loss if I were to buy it now to spend in 2 weeks.

You can buy it instantly at the current value. But you can not spend it / send it for 2 weeks. If the value of the bitcoin goes down you lose money. I put $250 on bitcoin once & by time the 2 week waiting period was over I had about $163 left to spend. That is the most I lost. I've lost money several times this way & only gained money once. With the way the worlds economy is right now I feel it's a buyers market. If you can buy & hold on to it for a year or 2 you will make big bucks off it.
But it would probably result in a loss if I were to buy it now to spend in 2 weeks.
Nope, buying it using a credit card gives you access to the funds instantly. Using a bank account has the 2 week verification wait time.

Nope, buying it using a credit card gives you access to the funds instantly. Using a bank account has the 2 week verification wait time.
I'll have to look into that. Can't remember how I added funds back then. If it's instant I can work with that for sure. Would open up seed buying to pretty much anywhere I wanted to buy from.

I'll have to look into that. Can't remember how I added funds back then. If it's instant I can work with that for sure. Would open up seed buying to pretty much anywhere I wanted to buy from.
Yeah look into it, I use coinbase and with my last two orders I purchased coin using my credit card and was able to send it right away. My first time I did it the same as you and paid using my bank funds but I was lucky because I bought it shortly after the bottom fell out in March and ended up doubling my investment when it shot up. I kicked myself for not investing the few thousand I had planned on but it was my first time doing it so I was pretty unsure on everything so just a few hundred dollars worth is all I bought.

Do they take Credit or Debit Card ? Bitcoin sucks !!! You have to wait 2 weeks to use bitcoin after purchasing it. I've lost hundreds of dollars over the years during that 2 week waiting period. Seeds end up costing way more if you add in the amount you lose.
Cash in the mail ? No Way !!! Not me. I don't care if others have done it & got their seeds as I have ran into plenty who just lost their money.

They do take credit cards so you'll be all set there. I have money in a Bitcoin portfolio so it's pretty much always accessable for me, the first two weeks thing can be a surprise when you first buy crypto. The past few times for me it's actually been an added bonus because Bitcoin has gone up after each order

Bitcoin sucks !!! You have to wait 2 weeks to use bitcoin after purchasing it.

Now THAT'S a pretty good racket. The entity gets to sit on your money while it earns them interest. Or, alternatively, to make short-term loans with it (in the business world, those generally carry very low risk) and to collect the interest/fees from doing so.

While, when it comes to getting ripped off, one would probably count as "plenty," I am curious as to how many people you know who have actually lost money in the postal system. And, additionally, out of that number, how many did not write "CASH INSIDE, Please steal this envelope!!!" on it stick it in some sort of Christmas/birthday/etc. card. I won't bother to mention how many times I have successfully sent cash via mail, since you stated you don't care about that. But I will say that, statistically, your cash would have a greater likelihood of reaching its intended recipient than a seed order would be to reach you. That assumes common sense, and that you're dealing with a non-domestic seller. Letters are generally "subject to" Customs inspections, but they don't often get inspected.

If dealing with a domestic - but out of state - seller, you've increased your odds of things getting through, but at the cost of also increasing your risk, because that seller is subject to both US federal laws and his/her state/local ones. And, in the eyes of the federal government, crimes committed "across state lines" are kind of like ordering fish at Long John Silvers and discovering that they threw in an entire box of those crunchy batter things AND three extra hush puppies... for free.

If it's an in-state purchase, the risk is going to be lowest of all, assuming the entity has not yet managed to become known to the federales (in which case you might be f*cked, because they'll be subject to the US laws just like the out-of-state seller would, but there'll be a lower liklihood of getting to that point (compared to the OoS seller) in the first place).

The problem with that is that many credit card and financial institutions do not allow it. To get around such things, some sellers have resorted to using third-party billing agents (often, ones located in places like the PRC). And that can raise suspicions. After all, to say that credit card fraud is "not unheard of" would be an understatement of epic proportions.

Technically, you can send cash via the postal system and have it insured (for face value). The wisdom of this is going to vary. Trying to purchase insurance when sending $640 to an entity called "Crazy Sam's Cannabis Seed Emporium" would be... questionable, lol. If, on the other hand, you're sending it to "Ian Howard, Esq." or even "DB Enterprises," well, use your own judgment.

Some places probably still take USPS money orders, and other "non cash" payments that don't involve credit cards, electronic fund transfers, "digital money," or even a financial institution (unless the entity you purchased it from happens to be one).

I did get my orders through. 1 by C.C. & 1 by Bill Pay. Already got the C.C. order.
I worry more about the USPS losing the money then someone stealing it. In the past few weeks I've had things I ordered come to the P.O. in my town & the next day it's in Kansas or Texas or New York instead of being delivered to me. I get them eventually but they seem to take a trip around the U.S. first. Just a matter of time till they lose something completely.

Yeah, me, too. When UPS or Fed-Ex does it, I figure that it's either because they somehow save a nickel by leaving it on the plane/truck until it comes back around, or because I didn't pay for expedited shipping and it's to their advantage to not transfer it to the final location before me any earlier than they have to, because it would then either sit in the local hub overnight or they'd end up delivering it a day early and, by doing, discourage me from choosing to pay for the quicker shipping option in the future (again, saving that nickel).

With USPS, I figure some lazy SOB just didn't feel like taking 27 seconds to walk over and pick the thing up because his lunch break starts in 25 seconds. There are a lot of hard working postal employees. And, if I suddenly found myself running the thing, I'd worry that one or two of them might lose their jobs when I immediately fired about 70% of those who work for the USPS. But I'd get over it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom