Grand Daddy Purple

Here is a little something I found on it.....

Granddaddy Purple (GDP)
[Apothecary]

Indica
Origins - Northern California
Flowering - 60 days
Harvest - Mid October

Apothecary specializes in creating medical strains. They have been growing and refining this all-indica variety for five years. Her ancestors have grown in the hills of Northern California for over two decades, where her phenotypes have been known by many different names including Grape Ape, Purple Erkel, and Grandaddy Grape Ape.

As an indoor crop, Granddaddy Purple is equally happy in hydro or soil. With a pure indica heritage, this plant is predisposed to a short bushy stature. Granddaddy branches extensively, making her less than ideal for SOG style grows, but she can be trained to make an awesome super crop garden. When left to her natural tendencies, this strain will make a nice big shrub that reaches about 3 feet indoors or up to 8 feet outdoors. She is a hardy grower with tight internodes and dense dark green to purple leaves.

Granddaddy Purple is easy to work with throughout her growth cycle. She likes a cool temperature, between 70-80 F, and can be very forgiving so long as she is adequately watered. Due to her high resin output and dense structure, this plant can be alluring to mites.

Granddaddy Purple finishes her flowering cycle in 8-9 weeks. The buds are dense green nuggets that gain royal purple hues as they mature. Depending on the size she is allowed to reach, Granddaddy Purple can yield between 0.5 and 3.5 ounces apiece. outdoor plants will really deliver, with potential yields between 8 ounces and 5 pounds.

There is a potent, undeniable grape tinge to this plant' aroma, and a sweet grape taste that lingers subtly on the tongue. Granddaddy Purple's effects are enduring, with a smooth even feeling throughout. For an indica, her buzz is surprisingly alert and energetic rather than sedating. This is a good smoke for walking in the high meadows and swimming in the lake afterwards. Medicinally, this varity has given relief to cancer / chemotherapy patients. Granddaddy Purple has taken first prize in no less than four pot competitions: The Inglewood Medical Cannabis Cup in 2004, and the Green Cup in 2004, 2005, and 2006.

Here is a little something I found on it.....

Granddaddy Purple (GDP)
[Apothecary]

Indica
Origins - Northern California
Flowering - 60 days
Harvest - Mid October

Apothecary specializes in creating medical strains. They have been growing and refining this all-indica variety for five years. Her ancestors have grown in the hills of Northern California for over two decades, where her phenotypes have been known by many different names including Grape Ape, Purple Erkel, and Grandaddy Grape Ape.

As an indoor crop, Granddaddy Purple is equally happy in hydro or soil. With a pure indica heritage, this plant is predisposed to a short bushy stature. Granddaddy branches extensively, making her less than ideal for SOG style grows, but she can be trained to make an awesome super crop garden. When left to her natural tendencies, this strain will make a nice big shrub that reaches about 3 feet indoors or up to 8 feet outdoors. She is a hardy grower with tight internodes and dense dark green to purple leaves.

Granddaddy Purple is easy to work with throughout her growth cycle. She likes a cool temperature, between 70-80 F, and can be very forgiving so long as she is adequately watered. Due to her high resin output and dense structure, this plant can be alluring to mites.

Granddaddy Purple finishes her flowering cycle in 8-9 weeks. The buds are dense green nuggets that gain royal purple hues as they mature. Depending on the size she is allowed to reach, Granddaddy Purple can yield between 0.5 and 3.5 ounces apiece. outdoor plants will really deliver, with potential yields between 8 ounces and 5 pounds.

There is a potent, undeniable grape tinge to this plant' aroma, and a sweet grape taste that lingers subtly on the tongue. Granddaddy Purple's effects are enduring, with a smooth even feeling throughout. For an indica, her buzz is surprisingly alert and energetic rather than sedating. This is a good smoke for walking in the high meadows and swimming in the lake afterwards. Medicinally, this varity has given relief to cancer / chemotherapy patients. Granddaddy Purple has taken first prize in no less than four pot competitions: The Inglewood Medical Cannabis Cup in 2004, and the Green Cup in 2004, 2005, and 2006.

yep... thats her!! I need to find a seed... now im a pot head on a mission:grinjoint:

Oh and Hog, Dam that GDP looks great i got 1 grownin right now ill post some pics later on. Any tips ya could shoot me on the strain?

If the purple color is of importance to you, it needs to be cooked on the cool side (60°-75°), otherwise the color will be reduced.

hi im looking into growing my own plantz i happen to be a big gdp fan and if you could give me a few tipz tha would be nice

:welcome: to 420! I see that this was your first post....and you're from Motown, which I called home for 16 years....

GDP is easy to grow. Small in height, but lots of buds. Needs to be in the 60 to 75 degree range if you want lots of purple. Doesn't do anything for taste or potentcy, just looks.

Good luck!

:welcome:

:bravo: Hogdaddy, awesome digging. I've been lookin for info on her for a min! I was so lucky to get a seed hidden in a bag from my dude... a nice fat ripe seed which germed in less than 12 hours and sprouted in under 48 hours. I'm so fuckin lucky!!! I figure it selfed. That description is spot on. Its my little midget bush. Also to add, it clones like a champ! Roots in just under 10 days. Again thanks for putting my search to rest. When I chop in a couple months I'll blaze one for you bro...

Back
Top Bottom