Grandberry Soda: Pheno Hunt Part 2

Some of this Grandberry soda. It's very nice so far. What about you sir?

TB has a little virtual get together going

Set the timer for 12/12
20200420_144648.jpg

In house fun house
20200420_144807.jpg
I see we are flippin today, it will be interesting to see how the yields compare your 11 plants vs my 6 plants.
I've always vegged for 8 weeks this grow only 6 weeks as the girls are pretty big for 6 weeks ( don't want to run out of head room ) I've toyed with the idea of runnin more smaller plants vs fewer large plants this will answer a lot of questions for me. May your plants grow many luscious buds covered in frost

Seedsman I think.

I'll have to check them out hear they have some great offerings. So many great seeds out there. I gotta try that chem 91 you talk about so much 1 day.
I see we are flippin today, it will be interesting to see how the yields compare your 11 plants vs my 6 plants.
I've always vegged for 8 weeks this grow only 6 weeks as the girls are pretty big for 6 weeks ( don't want to run out of head room ) I've toyed with the idea of runnin more smaller plants vs fewer large plants this will answer a lot of questions for me. May your plants grow many luscious buds covered in frost
Hey, cheers for a 4/20 flip! And thank you to the well wishes. Last grow was 5 GBS I'm pretty sure a 4 week veg and ended up with a little over 12oz. These are regs so I doubt that I'll get all 11 to flower but either way looking for a quick turn around, pick the best pheno and run a clone comparison sog for F2 seeds. If I get close to a pound again that would be great but it's ok if less. These ones have a pretty good stretch to them though so well see.

I would say a year of sog vs a year of well trained plants/scrog would be close to the same yield. With more plants you get less yield but also less veg time and faster turnaround for more harvests in a year while training takes more time but has a higher yield potential but it should work out to about the same weight. I see some doing the mainline and quadline but that required a long veg time for me, personally would rather run more then veg out a couple but it's just personal preference really. The most training these will get is some pinching so the side branches catch up to the main.

Here is one of the biggest girls from last time.
IMG_20200331_101000_642.jpg

Not bad for a few weeks of veg and minimal training I think but not all strains have side branching like this.

It was talking way to long to veg, most of the technical reading I’ve done advise against heavy training. Robert Clarke is one of them that say they do best if we let them grow natural. I really think a lot of strains that seem to need training should never have been released.

It was talking way to long to veg, most of the technical reading I’ve done advise against heavy training. Robert Clarke is one of them that say they do best if we let them grow natural. I really think a lot of strains that seem to need training should never have been released.
That makes a lot of sense and what I've personally experienced. less work too to just let then go
I do little training I top once and remove the top fan leaves to alow light to penetrate the lower buds and I have very good yields
Topping is cool, I like to pinch the mains so the sides catch up if needed but whatever works.

Here they are today
20200422_130459.jpg
20200422_130527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom