Green-o-Matic PC Grow 2010

Here is a photo of the whole thing.

Just a large pc case with a mylar sunshade for a car.
hot glued that into place.
I hotglued the power strip into place, but that didnt last long, it fell onto the plants within a couple hours.
thankfully the plants hadn't sprouted yet.
so i used duct tape and secured it to a metal piece running across the top of the case.
And I'm using the parts i stripped from the case to lift the pots up.
right now i just have the back of the case where the power supply would go covered in duct tape. but i plan on modifying a power supply so that it is truly stealth.

If anyone has any other questions about the case id be glad to answer them.

And here are some pics of the plants i took a few minutes ago.
I put some wire around the plants like you would with LST, but they arent pulling on the plant or anything. i intend on doing it slowly. so the plant doesnt get stressed if i bend it to much.

And they are starting to get an awesome smell.
when i touch them my fingers stink.

any questions feel free to ask.

Just because this is my first grow and i can't resist.
here is an updated pic from this afternoon.
They are still really short, which is a good thing for me.
i have started bending them slightly getting ready to LST.

I have also moved them closer to the lights.
Since i could basicly touch the bulbs, i figured the plants could stand to be an inch away.

I have been spreading the growth out as much as possible so that as much light reaches all the nodes as possible.
Some of the larger leaves are blocking light to the new growth. I have them out of the way as much as possible.
I really don't want to just cut the leaves off. I really dont know what im doing with stuff like that.
no idea if that would hurt more than it would help.

Any suggestions?

Just let them go. I don't cut any fan leaves unless absolutely necessary. Then again, I've never grown in a pc case. Lol. I was thinking about doing a pc grow just for the hell of it. I've got plenty of room and plenty of time. I might as well experiment wherever I can. I was going to do a clone only SOG style grow. That may be cheating though because my mothers and clones will have their own dedicated grow area. I believe that the SOG method would be the best route for a grow like this. If you keep growing in the pc case, you might want to look into something like that.

They are looking really nice. If I were you I'd try to get the lst on the way. I know they're still really short, but if you bent them over it would promote a lot of new growth. Also, the cfl's you're using put off a lot more lumens when they're turned sideways instead of pointing straight down. Is there anyway you can turn them on their side and drop them down to the plants? I think you'd be using the light a little more efficiently. Every little bit helps in a micro grow.

Also, the cfl's you're using put off a lot more lumens when they're turned sideways instead of pointing straight down. Is there anyway you can turn them on their side and drop them down to the plants? I think you'd be using the light a little more efficiently. Every little bit helps in a micro grow.

lol, yea there is.
and i did it yesterday.
I didnt really intend for them to be pointing down at all. but i had trouble getting the lights to stay sideways. but i have it secured now and the lights are sideways and i even moved the plants closer.

If I were you I'd try to get the lst on the way. I know they're still really short, but if you bent them over it would promote a lot of new growth.
Thanks, i have already bent them over.
I am wondering one thing tho. since they are real short when i bend it over a secure it some of the leaves are laying in the soil. in fact really the bottom half of the plat when its bent over is basicly laying in the soil.
is that ok? or would it cause rot and promote mold?
i was thinking about cutting up some of the mylar sunshade i have left and making disc's i can put around the base of the plant to keep them out of the soil. trouble is that makes watering throughly a pain.

any suggestions?

thanks.
i decided to try out the mylar disc's.
figured it might help to reflect some of the light back up.
and it helps keep the plant out of the soil.
as well as stopping some of the water from evaporating.
It will probably need to be watered tomorow, so ill see how hard it is to water it then.
tons of growth since last night when i posted the last pic.
lots of tiny leaf sets growing.

These little plants are DENSE!
keeping the large lower leafs from blocking light to the new growth is a pain.
they are so short and there is tons of growth, making sure all of it gets light is like a full time job. lol.

someone on another forums requested me putting a lighter next to my plant for a size reference.
so i figured id post it here as well.
as well as an updated pic.
both these photo's are the same plant... i still need to come up with names.
the other is basicly the same, except on of the large fan leafs on the other broke off while i was trying to maneuver it out of the way. it was basicly shading the entire plant.

as you can see i have completely bent the plant over.
took a little work getting the anchor tie right to hold the stem upright while i bent the top of the plant over. but i think it worked pretty well.
not i am just moving the leafs around to get as much light as possible to the new growth.

full

FILE0035.JPG

Those things are a lot shorter than I thought. They are looking incredibly dense. Have you been using any nutes?

yea, they are super short.
I didnt think they would be this short either.
i expected at least another 6 inches.
oh well, as long as it gives nice buds.

Nope, no nutes.
using fox farm ocean forest soil. and from what i read, it has enough in it to get thru this grow. i'd prefer to keep this organic. so i really dont want to use nutes.

i was looking at maybe using some molasses. i've ready it can help.

anyone else use molasses?

There's plenty of organic nutes you can get. Not all nutes are chemical based. I'm a firm believer in using all organics but sometimes it just isn't practical. Not that it applies to you, but organic nutes in hydro systems can be somewhat problematic.

When you're using organic fertilizer you're not exactly feeding your plants, you're feeding the soil. After the beneficial bacteria breaks down the organic compounds that you added, they in turn feed the plant. When you're using chemically derived fertilizer then you're not feeding the soil, you're feeding the plants directly. There really isn't anything wrong with chemical fertilizer. The plant will only uptake the nutrients it needs in available amounts of NPK and micronutrients. It's not like the plant is sucking up a bunch of harmful chemicals. It's basically the same thing in either an organic or inorganic setup. I still like organics better, but simply because it's easy to not burn your plants and cheaper because I compost all of my plant waste.

Thanks for the info,
I think im just gonna let it go and see how it comes out.
I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

also i got some of the ONA pro gel.
and i dont think im gonna use it.
it's such a chemical smell. it overwhelms my room.
even with the lid on. it like leaks out of the jar.
i had it in my room with the lid on when i went to sleep. i woke up and my room stunk of this stuff. i had to wrap the jar in plastic and seal it back in its box.
when i looked it up the reviews said you could barely smell it.

not really any new pics. very little change.

Oh god,
my lights fell and burned a few of the leafs on one of the plants.
the other came out without getting burned.
thankfully it wasnt sitting on the plants long.
my obsession with checking on them paid off, lol.
the plant isnt to bad,
one of the leafs was burnt in the middle. and a couple others burned the edges.
now i'm going to be checking on them even more because i'm paranoid. lol.
I have the lights secured again. and i'm going to work on sucuring the lights better so they can't fall on the plants. even if the power strip falls.

Back
Top Bottom