Green-o-Matic PC Grow 2010

I burned more leafs, lol.
not really my fault this time.
the plant grew SO much that it grew into the lights.
thankfully just burned a few tips of the leafs, didn't burn the bud sites, so all should be good.
I lowered the plants a little, so unless there is another huge growth spurt i should be good.

Does burning the leafs like this hurt bud production?

I'll get some pics up later tonight maybe.

Here are some pics i just took.
on the first pic you can see some slight buring.
on the second it';s a little worse.
but it was just some of the large fan leaves. so i don't think it hurt much.

on Bud stankalot suggestion i ordered some tigerbloom.

These plants are 3 weeks in now.
been flowering for a little over a week now i think.
bud sites are forming real nicely. least as far as i can tell.

will the burning of a few of the fan leafs hurt my yield?

I definitely wouldnt worry about that at all. Ive had burns worse than that and as long as the rest of the leaf stays green and healthy, you'll be fine. This early on I wouldnt expect it to affect yield in any significant way. Keep growin strong!

Thanks, id hate to screw up this grow half way thru, lol.
i ordered some nutes cause i thought it might help it recover after i burned them... twice...
I will probably be using quater dose, as they have never had any nutes before and they are really small.
sSpeaking of size, i need to take a new size comparison picture.
they've grown a lot since the last one i took.

some update pics.

I had to tie them down again. had another growth spurt.
which is awesome.
I had the lights completely fall on them again.
burned one of the plants foliage pretty badly.
still has tons of leafs tho, so i dont think it will really damage the plant aside from the shock it caused.
these 2 pics are of the same plant. the other looks much the same except less foliage.

The nutes i ordered should be here tomorow, which is great because its about time to water them. hopefully some nutes will help them bounce back from getting burned.

I think i had them to close to the lights when they were growing. everything is so close together.
i would have actualy liked a little more stretching.
lessons learned.

TONS of white hairs, even a few already turning a little brown.
this is almost 4 weeks in.
about half way there! YEA!

Well i gave them nutes yesterday, and WOW.
some good growth over night.
i tried taking the same pic as my last one was so you can tell the difference.
the second pic is the one that got burned the worst.
not much of the burn left, a lot of it fell off.
on the plus side, all the leafs and bud sites are getting light now, so it's growing very well.
it's not as big as the other bud sites since it hasnt gotten much light till now. but at least it wasnt a total loss.

Update pics.
the first pic and second pic is of the one that wasnt badly burned... lets call her.... Lykke (pronounced Luuka. its danish.)
lykke is doing very well.
the second pic shows the bud on the main stem. Yes, that is the best pic of it i can get, my camera is awful at taking close ups that close.
there are a bunch more buds right under the leafs. this main bud is gonna turn out to be the largest, im sure.
and it has a few more large bud sites. not as large as the main, but still pretty good.

the 3rd pic is the plant that got badly burnt. I dont have a name for her yet. Any suggestions? as you can see shes recovered pretty nicely. a little smaller than lykke, but still growing well.
the buds are'nt as large as lykke, but i think she was shocked from the burn and is just having to catch up. I think the nutes helped her out a lot.

I just smoked, so i can't really think of anything else to report.

but if anyone has any questions i can try to answer em.

Now I want a danish. Plants are lookin good jakal! Have you thought about doing any pruning at all? I like it because it frees up the lower portions of the plant to light, and I'd assume it would require less water, since theres less stuff to feed on the actual plant. Some peeps just cant bring themselves to cut though, and I have utmost respect for that as well.

Now I want a danish. Plants are lookin good jakal! Have you thought about doing any pruning at all? I like it because it frees up the lower portions of the plant to light, and I'd assume it would require less water, since theres less stuff to feed on the actual plant. Some peeps just cant bring themselves to cut though, and I have utmost respect for that as well.

I have thought about doing some trimming.
but what is ok to trim? i have no idea what to do.
can i just cut the large fans leafs off? what about some of the smaller fan leafs?
would doing it hurt the end results any?

Basically when trimming, I try to go for the larger, lower fan leaves that arent connected to a budding node. I also make sure that by cutting a leaf off, Im exposing more of the plant to light, and allowing better airflow around it. Once you get the first leaf cut, most of the anxiety is gone. If done right, pruning will actually increase final yield. If your nervous (and I definitely was, even after all the research and my prior experience with shrubbery), then just cut one or two leaves off and see how it fares after a couple of days.
The last thing I would try to do is only cut mature leaves off, nothing that is still in a rapid-growth stage. Its pretty easy to tell which leaves these are, as they will be lower on the plant and have fuller fingers than new growth leaves.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. First grows are great, because you learn so much about the plant, but even more about yourself.

Back
Top Bottom