Greetings 420 community

Cranky

420 Member
Hi everyone,Ron here from New England. I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and decided it was time to jump on in. I've done a few small outdoor grows with a friend of mine ( just 2 or 3 plants ) with pretty good success for a couple of middle aged noob tomato growers. This year was bad though,lost 2 out of 3 to a three day wind and rain storm.
I had a cookout a few weeks ago and we were sitting on my deck enjoying some of our sole survivor when the subject of trying a little indoor grow came up. It was at that moment the proverbial light bulb went off. Sitting right in front of us was my BBQ smoker and the insulated box I built for it for cooking all winter. We started wondering that if we built one with a few modifications, could we grow in it. I told him I'd check on line the next day to see if anyone had ever tried anything like it before. Well here I am, feeling a little foolish, but grateful a site like this exsists. This will be our first attempt at growing indoors but I think with all the knowlege available here we'll be ok.
0012605.JPG

Welcome Ron!
I love a good DIY project. I'm sure you can adapt it. The question is, is it going to do the best job for the amount of time, room and $$$ you put into it. It would be a cool thing to do but you might be better off just starting from scratch. Have fun, either way!

Welcome Ron!
I love a good DIY project. I'm sure you can adapt it. The question is, is it going to do the best job for the amount of time, room and $$$ you put into it. It would be a cool thing to do but you might be better off just starting from scratch. Have fun, either way!

I would have given the same advice but Major speed typer Pita beat me to it again as usual. :thumb: I would be 1st deciding how much area you want to grow indoors, set a budget and start from that point. You may be able to come up with something even nicer if you look at all your options 1st. What ever you decide though, document it with pics and post your progression. Nothing is cooler then a DIY build.

Have fun and be safe.
And :welcome: to :420:

Thanks for the warm welcome. After reading through a bunch of other posters journals I think a small (2x2 or 3x3) tent would work best for my space. Now just gotta figure out what lighting,exhaust,filter ect.ect. I've definitely found the right place to help with that though.Looking forward to getting it set up.

Back
Top Bottom