Greetings from a old fart and very noob grower

BlazingBill

Howdy all, I just recently started back into the 420 world, enjoyed it in the 70's as a kid, and now on disability due to alot of bad accidents so I am tired of taking over 11 pills twice a day and trying out the good healing meds,
As a kid I remember the last thing I did was thaistick laced with angel dust, crazy ass stuff.
All these new names are throwing me for a loop, but luckily my son in law is slowing helping me back into the pain free life style.
I am soon going to be building a tent setup in my spare bedroom and am getting up the lists for what I need.

Always looking for advice and corrective criticism, I read in many topics here and on the web that northern lights was the best to start with as a noob grower, I tried growing candlyland outdoors this summer, but the placement didn't allow them to get good direct sunlight so they flowered early and small, and after dealing with the damn caterpillars, I decided to try indoor with a nice tent.

Unsure about the best size tent to get yet, but I am looking into led lights.
As soon as I get my setup done, I will start posting some pix.

I do have one plant growing that my son in law had and it went from 7-12 inches and now looks like its trying to flower, will post a pix in the proper forum and ask for help on it soon.
Thanx for any advice yall wanna send and hopefully I can learn from this site.

Bill.

Welcome Bill!:welcome:

Wont be long and youll be enjoying the homegrown meds!
Going with led should save you alot of headache in the cooling/ventilation department, good choice there.

4X4x8 is/should be more then big enough for 4 flowering plants. Are you wanting to veg and flower in one tent or have room for 2 separate tents?

Welcome Bill to 420,
Depending on your budget and space I would suggest you check out a few of the members grow journals, normally located at the bottom of their posts, and see what they are using for their grows. That way you can kind of get an idea of how big or how small you want to keep things. I know I was on a tight budget when I started and as I started my grow ran across a few good deals along the way and was able to expand a little yet still leave room for more when I can afford it.
I would also suggest you start a grow journal and post a link to it in your signature like the rest of us, so we can easily find it. That way if you have a question we can see just what is going on with your grow and offer better advice. Plus a compliment here and there letting you know your doing a good job is always a confidence booster too.

Hope to see you around Bill, trust me, your not the only old fart here :thumb:
OG

:welcome:Bill nice to see some more old farts like myself here and trust me you're not alone if you star a journal most every one will pitch-in and help all you need is to ask or sometime you don't even need to ask LOL.By the way what strain ?do you have and I also recall thaistick

Welcome Bill!:welcome:

Wont be long and youll be enjoying the homegrown meds!
Going with led should save you alot of headache in the cooling/ventilation department, good choice there.

4X4x8 is/should be more then big enough for 4 flowering plants. Are you wanting to veg and flower in one tent or have room for 2 separate tents?

Thanx for the greetings, I will be using the tent for the complete growth, I saw somewhere that someone told another to use multiple 300's instead of a single 900, so gonna check that out.

Sorry I haven't replied lately been going heavily on the blogs and grow reports getting as much info as I can on a good grow,
My son in law confirmed that the small plant he gave me is budding at only 12" so I mustve moved the led light too far away form it, I am currently using a tao tronics round bulb light, I had it about 6 inches from the plant for a while then noticed all the leaves were growing real close and no branching so I moved the light to the ceiling socket in the closet and thats what I think made the plant flower too soon since it was about 4-5 feet above the plant.
So switched from 24 on to 12-12 now.

Right now I have Candyland, it helps greatly for my insomnia, we grew it outside but wedidnt use much potting soil just mostly ground dirt, my son in law had his in the better spot also getting more sunlight than mine, and I was learning from him about outdoor growing, and will admit, that I am not going that route again, too many of those little worms all over the buds and killing them everyday.
We ended up pulling the plants before they got full flowered because of the pest problems and the ground soil and got some nice little buds off them, he smokes it for his back.

As soon as the wife says I can get the tent and lights will start my blog on the grow, and so far I have learned alot by just reading these posts and blogs.
again thank you everyone for the gretings and helpful tips.

Hi there Bill, and welcome. I think they have an Old Farts section here, but I don't think I could get in cause I'm only 65.

Back
Top Bottom