Old noob

Savvage61

a little about m self I am a child of the 60s a stoner of the 70s and outlaw/and a warrior til the turn of the century ( BLAME THE OUTLAW FROM UNFAIR MARIJUANA LAWSdiffrent storie) any way enough about me. Let me start off by saying I really enjoy this sight the last couple forums I tried were more intrest in belittling and bragging that helping fellow Weedsmiths. Im working on my 3rd indoor grow a 5x5 tent with about 400 true watts nothing special but it works, I have learn so much this last 10 day from you guys. While I don't know a lot but my 3 grow have let commit a lot of mistakes. and I would like to share a few and maybe help another noob err old noob on anyone
1.DON'T USE MIRACLE GROW!
2. GOOD THIS CANNOT BE RUSHED make sure after germination and planting let the seeding get strong do try to transplant a seeding wait till you get at least 2-3 levels of good leaf sturdy and strong
3. PREP YOUR MEDIUM it is easy to adjust PH add perlite, peat moss ect. before you add plants rather than trying to get the right soil around a plant
4. DONT OVERWATER AND USE THE RIGHT SIZE BAG/POT
5.DONT CHECK YOUR PLANTS 27 TIMES A DAY there is no benefit so I never check mine more than 12 -13 times a day any more. Yeah I know ya feel like an expecting parent you cant wait to see your beautiful girls

ok so #5 is a big deal but the rest are mistake I made and learned from and I hope maybe they will help someone else

a little about m self I am a child of the 60s a stoner of the 70s and outlaw/and a warrior til the turn of the century ( BLAME THE OUTLAW FROM UNFAIR MARIJUANA LAWSdiffrent storie) any way enough about me. Let me start off by saying I really enjoy this sight the last couple forums I tried were more intrest in belittling and bragging that helping fellow Weedsmiths. Im working on my 3rd indoor grow a 5x5 tent with about 400 true watts nothing special but it works, I have learn so much this last 10 day from you guys. While I don't know a lot but my 3 grow have let commit a lot of mistakes. and I would like to share a few and maybe help another noob err old noob on anyone
2. GOOD THIS CANNOT BE RUSHED make sure after germination and planting let the seeding get strong do try to transplant a seeding wait till you get at least 2-3 levels of good leaf sturdy and strong
3. PREP YOUR MEDIUM it is easy to adjust PH add perlite, peat moss ect. before you add plants rather than trying to get the right soil around a plant
5.DONT CHECK YOUR PLANTS 27 TIMES A DAY there is no benefit so I never check mine more than 12 -13 times a day any more. Yeah I know ya feel like an expecting parent you cant wait to see your beautiful girls

ok so #5 is a big deal but the rest are mistake I made and learned from and I hope maybe they will help someone else
My buddy has been using miracle grow potting mix for years, swears by it. So I figured I’d give it a try. Bag says 6mos worth of fertilizer is in it. I went about 2months before my plants started showing problems. Started feeding regular and problems stopped. I’ll never use it again.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Savvage61

On this site it is more about helping growers learn to grow and get to harvest with minimal problems hopefully.

Are you currently growing anything?
Do you have any images you would like to share?

When you are ready to start a grow journal let us know so we can follow along and help if needed. Here's that link.
How to Make a Grow Journal

Check out this link if you want to see what other growers are doing.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hey if you never leave the tent it's only considered one look. :rofl:
Sorry couldn't resist, :Namaste:.
27 is the perfect amount my friend.
That just tells me you had something well worth looking at.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
I agree with rules 1 to 4 though.
Happy growing my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Rules 1-4 that you stated are Very Correct!! Welcome to the @420 ! BTW :rollit:
Rule # 5 though, I just can't seem to follow
! LOL :ganjamon: I'm guilty of checking my budding out plants upwards of 30 handfuls a day! :p

Good morning welcome to the 4Dubz, your absolutely right this site is full of help....a few hecklers but it's in good fun...nothing like belittling or anything....just some good humor :laugh: but sounds like a nice set up you have, do what do you have growing currently?

But I agree with all the rules especially 1 and 4 that was my first noob move....and quickly moved on from that lol.

My first post here! I'm old, but I'm not a noob - not that I consider myself to be a really good grower, rather a grower that has successfully found nearly every possible way to kill a plant, and grow some decent weed in spite of it. I've been on another forum (RIU) for 15 years, and modded several forums there for 5 years til they neutered the mods. I don't post much there anymore because of, like you said, "belittling and bragging that helping fellow Weedsmiths" (SIC). Here's hoping this will be a better venue for all.

My first post here! I'm old, but I'm not a noob - not that I consider myself to be a really good grower, rather a grower that has successfully found nearly every possible way to kill a plant, and grow some decent weed in spite of it. I've been on another forum (RIU) for 15 years, and modded several forums there for 5 years til they neutered the mods. I don't post much there anymore because of, like you said, "belittling and bragging that helping fellow Weedsmiths" (SIC). Here's hoping this will be a better venue for all.
Hey @Potpimp Hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
We are so glad you decided to hang out with us.
Here is a thread if you want to say hi and meet everyone.

What's your media of choice? Soil?

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome @Savvage61 ! I'm an old noob too, with a bit of growing under my belt, outdoor/greenhouse in the tropics. My science mind loves the universe of cannabis!

Back
Top Bottom