Grow Box Construction

Hello, I have read your grow-box thread. I must say you have built almost exactly what I was imagining. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me with building my box :) I am trying to build a box with two separate chambers for vegetation and flowering. I am going with the hydroponic method of growing also. I am trying to grow around eight plants at a time( 4 per chamber).

I am wondering... what dimensions should I be going for? How can I build a hydroponics system by hand? What lights should I have in my vegetation half/ flowering half. The only thing I am worried about is the electrical part of this build, I have very limited electrical experience.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Hello, I have read your grow-box thread. I must say you have built almost exactly what I was imagining. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me with building my box :) I am trying to build a box with two separate chambers for vegetation and flowering. I am going with the hydroponic method of growing also. I am trying to grow around eight plants at a time( 4 per chamber).

I am wondering... what dimensions should I be going for? How can I build a hydroponics system by hand? What lights should I have in my vegetation half/ flowering half. The only thing I am worried about is the electrical part of this build, I have very limited electrical experience.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!
wire in a box like that is easy here my box build New grower and my setup
once u start your build just post q i be more then willing to help u and there some treads around one easy hydro
i would do dwc or bubbler be fast and easy can build it for under 30 bucks with out much skills

bigdeal101 - Yeah I would suggest a bigger box.

tn_DSC03532.JPG

This is a pic I took today in my 2'x2' box and wish I had at least two more square feet of screen because those buds are packed together pretty tight. It's all personal preference though. I prefer fewer plants with larger yields than multiple plants with smaller yields due to my current space restrictions.

how tall was the box and what cfm did u use also what strain

what did you wrap the carbon in to make it go around the chicken wire so uniformly?
The wiring was pretty simple for both the fans. I just connected the two wires from the RCA cable to the power supply. The particular power supply I used was two pronged and I used it solely to step down the electricity coming from the wall. The power supply has two leads as well just like the RCA cable. For the computer fans, I just cut the tip/connector from the power supply off which left me with two leads. I just attached the two leads from the fans to the power supply and that was it. The fans didn't spin when the wires were attached wrong so I tried the other way and it worked. Just make sure the fan is spinning the right direction before you seal up the connections with tape. With the squirrel fans, I managed to get them working without having to cut the tip off like I did with the computer fans. Since you're dealing with such low levels of electricity, there is plenty of room for trial and error. Just don't plug a fan directly into the wall. haha

I used the caulk saver specifically as a flexible spacer. I am not using it as a liquid repellant and I just used duct tape to seal the ends. That was the easiest way to make the ends airtight, forcing the air to get sucked through the carbon.

I hoped this helps Mike, if you have any more questions, I'll be glad to help out.

What was the screen for

Yeah I didn't need it. Smell wasn't an issue and it took up some space above the screen and blocked out some light to a few buds that started growing underneath it. If I were to do it again I would put the filter below the screen because space gets pretty tight in a 2'x2' box.

Dude this has been very helpful. The pictures are great and make it so easy to see exactly what your doing. I have been planing something very similar to your setup. Only i plan on making mine a little shorter(probably 3' tall) The one thing I am still trying to sort out is the door. Could you give me any pointers and or suplies you used to get a nice door on your box.

Doors are pretty easy if you use them hinges that are normally use on kitchen cupboard door, that way you can easily adjust them, so's everythings all snug, their much easer than normal dinges, think there called "invisible hinges."

Doors are pretty easy if you use them hinges that are normally use on kitchen cupboard door, that way you can easily adjust them, so's everythings all snug, their much easer than normal dinges, think there called "invisible hinges."

Damn i just looked up Invisible hinges, that is a pretty cool idea. but my wood cut that i have left over from my box is only 1/2" idk if those hinges would fit that.

btw, i got all my Inspiration from this guy. Your the fucking man stratlogic!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom