Grow Number 2 Malawi Gold

@Daniel420 @Bill284 @LKABudMan
82012A20-4BB4-4BC9-B07D-B963A4D57E0D.jpeg

What's your setup?
I will be using again the same setup as my first grow. A cheaply made 5 gallon bucket hydro system with a 120 gallon air pump. It’s set up in a 2x2 Spider Farmer grow tent with dimmable SF2000 LED grow light. I will be running the same nutrients and beneficial bacteria as my previous grow. Ionic Grow nutrients(3 parts)
BA958A36-49C0-4E9C-8293-61D0DAB6C72B.jpeg
and Great white for bacteria.

Hi Chase, I'd like to hang out if you don't mind! Looking like a great start for sure. I'm digging the river rock there instead of hydroton.

How are you measuring PH and PPM in your soup? I'm also seeing a black tube coming out of the top of the lid, what's that for?

Hi Chase, I'd like to hang out if you don't mind! Looking like a great start for sure. I'm digging the river rock there instead of hydroton.

How are you measuring PH and PPM in your soup? I'm also seeing a black tube coming out of the top of the lid, what's that for?
Hey glad to have you along for the ride :) any chance you actually live in Aspen?

For PH- I use two separate tests. One is just the tube and alcohol solution (I think that’s what it is) and I have Two electronic PH testers as well.
For PPM- I’m also using an electronic pen that tests PPM and water temp.
The little tube I added on the last grow. It’s so I can pull water out with a syringe without lifting up the lid for testing. The next setup will include a tube so I can use a shop vac for res changes. I’m new so I’m just slowly adding to my setup DIY style lol.
My PPM is around 900 for now with a PH of 5.5-5.8 I’m keeping my light at 16” at 80% strength for another week. The RH is a constant 60% thanks to my new humidifier with built in hygrometer.
E27A8E6B-D212-45DB-8165-70B38C8B8821.jpeg

Hey glad to have you along for the ride :) any chance you actually live in Aspen?

For PH- I use two separate tests. One is just the tube and alcohol solution (I think that’s what it is) and I have Two electronic PH testers as well.
For PPM- I’m also using an electronic pen that tests PPM and water temp.
The little tube I added on the last grow. It’s so I can pull water out with a syringe without lifting up the lid for testing. The next setup will include a tube so I can use a shop vac for res changes. I’m new so I’m just slowly adding to my setup DIY style lol.
My PPM is around 900 for now with a PH of 5.5-5.8 I’m keeping my light at 16” at 80% strength for another week. The RH is a constant 60% thanks to my new humidifier with built in hygrometer.
E27A8E6B-D212-45DB-8165-70B38C8B8821.jpeg

I don't, Aspen is my first cat's name :). She's in my avatar. She is named after the city though, because she's completely white.

I never considered how to test the water once the plant's fairly large so the tube makes sense! My first and only grow was a recirculating DWC so I was able to test the solution in a secondary bucket.

I'm loving how fast she's already taking off. I'm in soil right now about 4 days behind you, but your plant is already almost triple the size! It's really cool to see the differences in growing methods.

I don't, Aspen is my first cat's name :). She's in my avatar. She is named after the city though, because she's completely white.

I never considered how to test the water once the plant's fairly large so the tube makes sense! My first and only grow was a recirculating DWC so I was able to test the solution in a secondary bucket.

I'm loving how fast she's already taking off. I'm in soil right now about 4 days behind you, but your plant is already almost triple the size! It's really cool to see the differences in growing methods.
Aspen is a beautiful place :)

Yeah the tube was a simple solution to this for me. It’s made testing much easier and I disturb the plant much less than I was. Like I said the next bucket mod will be something for reds changes. I want it to be efficient.

Thanks for the compliments on the plant though. I did check out your setup and it’s pretty cool. I’m trying to get my wife to get me a second tent for clones and seedlings. The growth rate in this setup has been crazy my last plant would have topped 6’, thank god for LST.

So I needed to get a new Carbon filter as I’m still on the one that came with my tent. So I upgraded the whole system. Should have everything by next Friday.
98D23B9C-590A-4346-9A33-5D76E91849B2.png

Back
Top Bottom