Grow Room Set-up

DeanoA7x

Hey guys. New to the forum. If I put this in the wrong place I'm sorry.. Lol :peace:
My setup is still in progress and still alot to get. So I would appreciate the advice to help me along :)
I was on another forum. But they're all so god damm ignorant!
Anyway I'm going to build a cab, dimensions will be 60cm(w) 60cm(d) 140cm(h)
125mm rvk fan with carbon scrubber,
I'll be getting a 250w cool tube running hps sol dual spec bulb.
Medium is bio bizz all mix
Along with bio bizz range of nutes
These will be grown in 20l and 10l air pots
This grow will also be a scrog.
Strains are the dr krippling range:
incredible bulk
Kripple shock
Buzz light gear,
I plan on doing 1 at time
Topped using the uncle ben's topping technique
Using the top as a cutting for a second plant in the 10l tub.
I hope to fill the screen 70% before flipping the lights.

Would you advice this method? Or pop 2 beans and run a 2 plant scrog..

Any thoughts on this set up? Or advice?
Peace

Gday and welcome to 420 deano

ask all ya want we ARE NOT those other forums,I have read/use alot of uncle bens points,he is one of the great growers over there,but like the others,they run him out with bs.

only problem with 1 at a time,,is putting all of your eggs in 1 basket,nothing worse than losing 3 months of work,
you inventory list look good,get to building,bring pictures so we can help.

enjoy your stay,:Namaste:

sounds good mate.

when it comes to scrog i prefer to install the net when i switch the lights so them laddies can grow faster into it rather than putting it up mid veg and waiting patiently for them branches to go through

like C said, some photos would be prime material for further analysis on the project.

Peace, keep it green :volcano-smiley:

Yeh I've read bad and good about uncle ben's. But think the bad is just down to idiots looking to point the blame for a mistake they've made.
Also im hopin that I shouldn't bump into any problems. And theoreticly if my main plant does balls up. I'd have the top cutting that I can re root and start again.? ( however I plan on growin the main plant plus the top, obviously in separate buckets, )

420brother. That method sounds interesting.. but do you still get as many bud sites if your not training the plant to fill the screen?
I plan on after topping for 4 colas, to place the screen 6-8 inches above the rim of the pot,

I don't have any pics to put up yet as it's all still in the planning stage. soon as I get the ball rolling I'll be snap happy lol,

However I do have my "shopping list"

Screenshot_2015-01-17-16-56-08.png

it works better for me, i train them early in veg with LST tech to stay short anyway so the shape is there. when i flip the lights i just organize them into the net and they just take off way faster than they would if id just slowly trained them into it.

i mostly do sativas tho so i flip them when they are about 2 feet long in anticipation for the huge takeoff they take after the switch..

shopping list looks good, how about ph pen and solutions??

when I scrogg,I like to do the training underneath.I can guide it wherever I want.I find spreading it out,provides more smaller colas,I top every 4th node...I couldn't handle a big sativa

I have some scrogg pictures in my current journal

Hey guys. New to the forum. If I put this in the wrong place I'm sorry.. Lol :peace:
My setup is still in progress and still alot to get. So I would appreciate the advice to help me along :)
I was on another forum. But they're all so god damm ignorant!
Anyway I'm going to build a cab, dimensions will be 60cm(w) 60cm(d) 140cm(h)
125mm rvk fan with carbon scrubber,
I'll be getting a 250w cool tube running hps sol dual spec bulb.
Medium is bio bizz all mix
Along with bio bizz range of nutes
These will be grown in 20l and 10l air pots
This grow will also be a scrog.
Strains are the dr krippling range:
incredible bulk
Kripple shock
Buzz light gear,
I plan on doing 1 at time
Topped using the uncle ben's topping technique
Using the top as a cutting for a second plant in the 10l tub.
I hope to fill the screen 70% before flipping the lights.

Would you advice this method? Or pop 2 beans and run a 2 plant scrog..

Any thoughts on this set up? Or advice?
Peace

I don't know what your exact plan is, but 2' x 2' x 4.5' is not very big, I can't see how you can fit a five gallon pot, fan, scrubber, screen, plant and lights in there all at once.

Have faith.. Lol. It'll only be just a tad shorter than a dr60 grow tent.which I've seen some amazing things done in them, if I need more space height wise I can adjust this before I begin. As building the box from scratch, also I was intending having my carbon scrubber on the outside. Considering I have no air leaks in the Ducting. also with a cooltube will be able to have the plants closer to the light thus less height space to be required. with the foot print I have I can hold a 20l and 10l bucket with 6cm free space ( not alot granted)

shopping list looks good, how about ph pen and solutions??

when I scrogg,I like to do the training underneath.I can guide it wherever I want.I find spreading it out,provides more smaller colas,I top every 4th node...I couldn't handle a big sativa

I have some scrogg pictures in my current journal

Do you think ph solutions will be a good idea? I was hoping to be using de mineraliased water. Has a standard ph of 6.5.. If I was to run into any ph probs I had planned to flush and restart.? However if you think solutions will be better I'll grab some bottles of ph up/down

Do you think ph solutions will be a good idea? I was hoping to be using de mineraliased water. Has a standard ph of 6.5.. If I was to run into any ph probs I had planned to flush and restart.? However if you think solutions will be better I'll grab some bottles of ph up/down

I will have to check on your soil/nutrient requirement,but a good ph pen and calibration solutions are always a great Idea,ph+- are needed.
If your water starts at 6.5,(neutral is 7) as you add feed the ph levels will drop,or go up depending on what you add.

Okay cool. May as well do it properly. Lol. My last grow was outdoors. I just planted outside. Tied it down about and let nature do its thing. Had to pull it at around 6-7weeks in flower because the weather was getting worse and mould was setting in. I got 105g from that baby,

yes there is way less to go wrong outdoors,,indoors you get to play GOD its very survival depends on you.

add a second zero and thats what I just pulled from one indoor plant,anything is possible.

set up a journal so we can all help you on this journey

:Namaste:

I will have to check on your soil/nutrient requirement,but a good ph pen and calibration solutions are always a great Idea,ph+- are needed.
If your water starts at 6.5,(neutral is 7) as you add feed the ph levels will drop,or go up depending on what you add.

Spot on. Very important

Also don't get frustrated my first indoor in 2001 was out right horrible I was so god darned pissed my 48 outdoor yield 30+ lbs, then I go indoor with 10 and get roughly half a lb I was devastated. So darned pissed. But it made me a better grower. Plus I was only 20 then. Very very impatient.

Back
Top Bottom