Grow tent advice needed please

Hobopr0

what brand/size grow tent should i invest in? i suppose ideally enough room for 6 girls/space for babies/clones at some point once i get the hang of things. just dont want to have to buy another one later on down the line. im growing for personal use and dont wanna take up too much space. ive seen mixed reviews of the Gorilla and my head spins when im on Amazon just to see what's out there as there are so many. realistically, at this point, due to budget i plan on using CFL's. pls point me in the right direction! :Namaste:

Apollo makes some nice tents for those on a budget. In my opinion a 4'x4' tent is good for about 4 medium to large plants. I know you stated that you want to grow 6 plants but I would start with one 4'x4' tent, grow out 4 plants and see how things go. If you want to run more plants you can always add another tent or get a tent specifically for veg. I have always thought a 4'x4' flower tent and a 32"x60" veg tent like Ozbudboy mentioned would be a nice little setup without taking up too much real estate.

thanks fellas....i mentioned 6 plants because i currently have 5 going now.. at some point, once i get some more seeds and/or clones/mother would love to add a separate veg tent. after seeing all of the video reviews out there, again ive seen mixed results on the Gorilla. then there's mars/yield/gro blu/etc...i agree, Ozbudboy's suggestion sounds like it may work well.

I have the apollo 4x4 tent for flower. It has 2 side access points and a large front door. Its a good budget tent and does a great job so far. There is some slight light leakage around the zippers though ive noticed. i dont think its enough to worry about but the better tents have this covered with better design.

this is the veg tent
dist_20151216_152938263.jpg

Since you plan on finishing 6 girls in a tent, would be cheaper to go LED rather then CFL, for them to be happy in there you will need minimum of 3-4 bulbs / plant and so many CFLs do eat a lot of power, plus they do make some heat, little compared to others but if we speak here of over 10 bulbs it's already enough to worry about cooling the tent. Also with one stationary light you don't need to constantly move the lights to prevent the leaves touching the plant. Honestly I just switched from CFLs to LED and with the same amount of power consumption I now grow 4 girls, rather then just one. My advice would be, go for a smaller tent and a cheaper LED grow light, the ladies will thank you! I bought a 2 x 2 feet tent (60cm x 60cm) and a 300 watts LED grow light, for around 250$. Not saying my way is the best way, I still love how girls grow under those CLF bulbs, just amazing, but I don't regret upgrading so far, and wish I had sooner.
:circle-of-love:

thanks fellas....i mentioned 6 plants because i currently have 5 going now.. at some point, once i get some more seeds and/or clones/mother would love to add a separate veg tent. after seeing all of the video reviews out there, again ive seen mixed results on the Gorilla. then there's mars/yield/gro blu/etc...i agree, Ozbudboy's suggestion sounds like it may work well.

I like the Apollo 4'x4' with the 32"x20" because I have done some thinking on paper and the smaller tent should fit well on either the left or right side of the 4'x4' without blocking the lower round port. They should nest nicely and you have a veg/bloom package that works well without taking up a ton of floor space.

The Apollo tent does have some light leaks along the seams and sometimes along the zippers. I believe that to effect a plant it has to be equal to or greater than one foot-candle. I have a friend who has an Apollo tent and have sat inside the tent all zipped up and couldn't notice any light leaks even after a few minutes.

I don't know how you folks get your tents so cheap. I went to Amazon to buy a tent I could afford, and the shipping was more than the price of the tent! At that price, I could buy it locally, since the locals add the shipping cost into the price. So I use wire shelving and white tarps. They aren't pretty, but they do the job.

I don't know how you folks get your tents so cheap. I went to Amazon to buy a tent I could afford, and the shipping was more than the price of the tent! At that price, I could buy it locally, since the locals add the shipping cost into the price. So I use wire shelving and white tarps. They aren't pretty, but they do the job.
Not sure where you live, but Amazon has the 4'x4' Apollo for $122 shipped.

That's for the Apollo suggestion but now saw a Yescom 2 in 1 grow tent I found on Amazon. Can someone take a look and lemme know? Plan on ordering today along with some 6" ducting. Question is now about the fan. I see in duct fans and the inline can fans. Will need air scrubber but wanted to know best option if we're to make one myself.

Also added some socket splitters to my cfl lighting set up..will either add more or perhaps look into one of those led panels (mixed red and blue) that I also saw on Amazon for about $35...first things first though..get a tent and control the odor.

Thx for the guidance!

Depending on your budget a good grow tent, light and ventilation is where you want to spend most of your money, I reccommend 5ft x 5ft gorilla grow tent because its nice and thick no light seaps through and it has a infered lined roof that disperse the heat that rises.
It very tight and easy to control the rooms HM, ventilation and heat!

Dont go half harted go for a top quality grow tent if you are looking at doing it for more then a few grows!

I hung two Mylar safety blankets ($5) in a closet. One covers the back and sides, the other just hangs in front. I attached 12 sockets to two wood boards ($25) and put in 12 100 watt equivalent CFL bulbs ($25). Hooked up a scrounged computer fan to a scrounged power supply and plugged (scrounged extension cord plug) the lights into a timer ($15). Also put a second scrounged computer fan pointing at the plant. Including seeds and dirt I got about $100 in my grow all together. I know this isn't a "tent" but you said you were on a budget. It's a plain water wick system with all the nutrients already in the soil so if I have to I can leave it alone for days or weeks at a time.

if shipping is that high I would build one from whatever you can get cheap.pvc,wood whatever you can use.save your money for. lights and exaust

Back
Top Bottom