Growing White Widow Feminized

RagnarLothbrok

Hello, I am a first time grower and I just acquired white widow Gardening seeds. I am most definitely going to grow outdoors, i've done some research; i am going to go looking for a location suitable for the plants in the next couple of days.

I am curious as to when I should begin planting the seeds. It is currently April 4th of 2018; Im thinking mid May by chance but i honestly have no idea when I should begin them, I also think for the best the seeds should be directly planted into the location i want to plant in (Mainly for a firm and hardy root to form right off the bat from the seedlings) I was thinkign about using a biodegradable pot, getting the seeds to just sprout through the soil then plant in the location.

I thought spring had arrived but this morning and all through out the day today we just got hit with a light bit of snow (should definitly be gone by tomorrow morning) I'm just curious as to when the best time for me to begin my planting process should be for my Feminized White Widow plants.

If there is any other people out there who has experience growing with this strain or is a more experienced grower then I; I would love some more information and feedback.
I am also curious on what type of fertilizer I should use for this specific Strain of plant.

How far apart should I plant each seed away from one another?

if I grew in a bush would it be smart for me to use heavy gage wire around the location of the plants and cover it with some elaves etc to prevent animals and or theives from getting to them?

What would my overall success ratings be for my plants to survive out of 25 seeds if grown outdoors? (I know results may vary, looking fo a generalized ratio)

Should i sepereate locations or find a nice spot to grow them all, or put 10 in one spot and like 10 in another then 5 somewhere else? (could also be used to test different spots for next farming season)

I think I plan on keeping a journal to take notes about the plants especially to look back on for future plants and harvest, (Is this also recommended? )

Any other tips or information ANYONE could provide me with would be extremely helpful!!! I'm mainly worried about getting the plants/seedlings started out, once their a bt more mature i think i'll be a little more confident.!!

Also should I release (Abunch!) of lady bugs in the area I plan on growing just to deminish threats of pests? And if so roughly how old/big should the plants be before i do so.
I should Also mention I plan on growing in a bush somewhere.
How can I guarantee(or atleast raise) my success rate ratings.
Again Any help at all would be great from any experience growers or anyone who has at least grown before or have dealt with White Widow plants at all. I'm a beginner grower so I apologize for all of the questions I just have a lot of concerns as to my products safety and health.
So again Please any help at all would be great on how to successfully start off my plants outdoors from seedlings. :)

Hi Ragnar and welcome :cheer:

Since Its way to late at my place I decided to say hi and just say you should probably wait till last night of frost. I have No clue What climate you are in and How tricky it is lol. I get back at you tomorrow cause I need Some sleeeeeep:goodluck:

I suggest starting seed indoors about 2 months before you can put them outside in your area. Even with a setback due to transplanting, you'll get bigger plants.

Hello, I am a first time grower and I just acquired white widow Gardening seeds. I am most definitely going to grow outdoors, i've done some research; i am going to go looking for a location suitable for the plants in the next couple of days.

I am curious as to when I should begin planting the seeds. It is currently April 4th of 2018; Im thinking mid May by chance but i honestly have no idea when I should begin them, I also think for the best the seeds should be directly planted into the location i want to plant in (Mainly for a firm and hardy root to form right off the bat from the seedlings) I was thinkign about using a biodegradable pot, getting the seeds to just sprout through the soil then plant in the location.

I thought spring had arrived but this morning and all through out the day today we just got hit with a light bit of snow (should definitly be gone by tomorrow morning) I'm just curious as to when the best time for me to begin my planting process should be for my Feminized White Widow plants.

If there is any other people out there who has experience growing with this strain or is a more experienced grower then I; I would love some more information and feedback.
I am also curious on what type of fertilizer I should use for this specific Strain of plant.

How far apart should I plant each seed away from one another?

if I grew in a bush would it be smart for me to use heavy gage wire around the location of the plants and cover it with some elaves etc to prevent animals and or theives from getting to them?

What would my overall success ratings be for my plants to survive out of 25 seeds if grown outdoors? (I know results may vary, looking fo a generalized ratio)

Should i sepereate locations or find a nice spot to grow them all, or put 10 in one spot and like 10 in another then 5 somewhere else? (could also be used to test different spots for next farming season)

I think I plan on keeping a journal to take notes about the plants especially to look back on for future plants and harvest, (Is this also recommended? )

Any other tips or information ANYONE could provide me with would be extremely helpful!!! I'm mainly worried about getting the plants/seedlings started out, once their a bt more mature i think i'll be a little more confident.!!

Also should I release (Abunch!) of lady bugs in the area I plan on growing just to deminish threats of pests? And if so roughly how old/big should the plants be before i do so.
I should Also mention I plan on growing in a bush somewhere.
How can I guarantee(or atleast raise) my success rate ratings.
Again Any help at all would be great from any experience growers or anyone who has at least grown before or have dealt with White Widow plants at all. I'm a beginner grower so I apologize for all of the questions I just have a lot of concerns as to my products safety and health.
So again Please any help at all would be great on how to successfully start off my plants outdoors from seedlings. :)

Like promised i am coming back to you. i'm not a pro grower, but lets get you started!:slide:

About the location its would be nice to think true before planting them. most strains like a lot of sun so think about how the sun comes in the garden :)

When to start? its good to wait till the last frosty night is behind us. you can always start a little early and put them behind the window in the beginning. thats up to you ofcourse.

to get some more information about this strain you can check online. if you know the breeder of the seeds you might want to check the website. if not you can check general sites like "leafy" there are more like that.

The WW strain is original founded by a Dutch guy Arjen "the king of cannabis" he developped this strain together with another guy. who exacytly did what is still a fight. So the genetics aint dutch, we just mixed strians to create them here( i'm a dutch guy lol). Its a relatively easy to grow strain and has more potency to it then most people know. its no exeption to be above 16% thc.

a specific fertilizer i cant give you, imo its always good to go organic, but its up to the grower. do you grow for medical purposes?

The distance of planting depends on how big you are thinking about growing them. if you have the space, give them space :)

Separating the bugs from the plants is always a good idea. most ideal would be if you have a greenhouse, but its not needed ofcourse. Growing in a bush is something i havent done so no help there hehe.

Keeping a Journal is KEY if you are growing. we all try to keep a low profile so whats better then having a community to help out and look along with you? it really got me some mayor upgrades and one of my subbers prevented me from creating a shower with air-pots(holes where outside not in lol). things like that can prevent you from screwing up plants and so on... also you can always scroll back to see previous awnsers or notes.

as for the start you can search forums for Germination or germing seeds.... something like that. if i find a link later ill post it for you. btw, this is your journal already so gratz! if you are worried about the seeds you can germ some extra. its easyer to fill the jars in the beginning.

This should you getting started right? if you have any questions you can hit the reply button and go for it ^^

Have a great day!:high-five:

Like promised i am coming back to you. i'm not a pro grower, but lets get you started!:slide:

About the location its would be nice to think true before planting them. most strains like a lot of sun so think about how the sun comes in the garden :)

When to start? its good to wait till the last frosty night is behind us. you can always start a little early and put them behind the window in the beginning. thats up to you ofcourse.

to get some more information about this strain you can check online. if you know the breeder of the seeds you might want to check the website. if not you can check general sites like "leafy" there are more like that.

The WW strain is original founded by a Dutch guy Arjen "the king of cannabis" he developped this strain together with another guy. who exacytly did what is still a fight. So the genetics aint dutch, we just mixed strians to create them here( i'm a dutch guy lol). Its a relatively easy to grow strain and has more potency to it then most people know. its no exeption to be above 16% thc.

a specific fertilizer i cant give you, imo its always good to go organic, but its up to the grower. do you grow for medical purposes?

The distance of planting depends on how big you are thinking about growing them. if you have the space, give them space :)

Separating the bugs from the plants is always a good idea. most ideal would be if you have a greenhouse, but its not needed ofcourse. Growing in a bush is something i havent done so no help there hehe.

Keeping a Journal is KEY if you are growing. we all try to keep a low profile so whats better then having a community to help out and look along with you? it really got me some mayor upgrades and one of my subbers prevented me from creating a shower with air-pots(holes where outside not in lol). things like that can prevent you from screwing up plants and so on... also you can always scroll back to see previous awnsers or notes.

as for the start you can search forums for Germination or germing seeds.... something like that. if i find a link later ill post it for you. btw, this is your journal already so gratz! if you are worried about the seeds you can germ some extra. its easyer to fill the jars in the beginning.

This should you getting started right? if you have any questions you can hit the reply button and go for it ^^

Thank you NaturalSpirit
the climate im in is southeastern ontario, im a good 3 hours away from the boarder of detroit (hopefully that helps you with knowing the climate abit here)
I would like to starte them indoors before transplanting them i'm just abit worried because i know a lot of problems can occur during the transplanting stage.
Also i don't really have a spot to start them out indoors. I do have places i could germinate them (i germinated some seeds a couple years back in my cold room with no light and aswell as my bedroom window with light; Both actualy grew really long (Although I did forget about them and they dried out))
I am more serious now though and if i were to germinate them i would probably plant in biodegradable pots in move them outdoors so i dont have to take them out and move them; i could just plant the pots.

Tomorrow and on the weekend I am going to go looking for a nice spot, i'll post some photos if I can.
As for fertilizer i would like to go as organic as possible, The location I plan on planting i am going to dig up all around there (not only to check the soil) but to fill the hole with Worm castings, other organic materials that'll help give nutrients to the plants
I also plan on adding soil to the actual spot, I want to go and buy Nutrient Rich soil from canadian tire or walmart as they are the most accessible stores near me or even TSC, I already started to creat a budget list of what i need and how much it will roughly cost.

I also want to get some cameras setup in my outside location, I would Love to get some Live feed going so i can watch them 24/7 although i dont know if there are cameras that can do that without wifi or power (other then batteries)
If not then I Am goign to put out deer cams and i'd have to check out motion sensored pictures everytime I go there. (mainly for security purposes and saftey of the plants, aswell as make sure everythigns good animal wise(A camera will help me better look out and know what needs to be done to amend the spot))

So if you have any idea on any cameras that could work for live feed without wifi and is wireless that'd be Great!!!

As for the distance of the plants, I would like them to be as big and yeild the most it can, so i would probably like to seperate them; again i have never grown white widow before so i dont know how big they can get, i have seen some videos on huge ones in backyard though probably 8 feet apart.

Now as for the bugs, Lady bugs are not harmful to the plants correct? And is it smart to release them even if there isn't any pests on them just to maximise my chance of safety; or could that also turn around on me?

I'll do some more research on when the last frost should be,
Now when I plant germinated seeds do i put the stem beneath the soild with the seed or does it stick out ( i know its probably seems dumb me asking but again I'm new and i want to do everything right the first time and learn from my experience) I'm assumign i owuld put the entire thing beneath the surface until it pokes out for light correct?

Now a watering schedule, I have 25 seeds I Ordered. so should i seperate them in different spaces or should I plant them all at one location and make sure there is enough room for them all; ( for safety different places would maybe be smarts just in case one batch gets stolen or something happens( Although i would prefer all in same area)

How often should I water the plants, If their outside they obviously have the luxury of rain, but when their isn't how many gallons should i give each plant and how much at a time (I obviously don't want to waterlog them)

speaking of which, I am considering using mulch to keep water but at the same time i don't know how wet the area will be throughout the next few months as it will be the first time i grow there, I don't want any fungal diseases on the roots of my plants (also how could I tell if there were some)?

I know i should check the plants daily but what about the days i'm not able to make it out to check on them, how often should i check on them and if i know im not gonna be there a day would water and mulch help the plant throughout the next day without ruining it that day?

Also what kind of traps can I put around my plants to ensure their safety. I am proably going to put 9 gage wire around the location if I can but if it's to big then I am also thinkign of traping the area,
I know i need to consider the laws but im already breaking it by growing so not to get too out of hand but I was thinking about puttins a couple
Apachi foot traps around the plants and/OR any other traps any can help me with; I mainly don't want theives or especially animals stealing my plant for themselves as this was a lot of money.

Any help on All I posted above ^ especially on the bugs and camera and especially the traps would be Greatful.
Looking forward to hearing from you NaturalSpirit and Anybody else who has any information is always welcomed

I suggest starting seed indoors about 2 months before you can put them outside in your area. Even with a setback due to transplanting, you'll get bigger plants.
Hello Old Salt, Thanks for replying; I would do that but how big would they get indoors for two months? I don't really have a spot to hide them or take much care of them indoors without being caught,
I am thinkign about germinating htem forsure and planting them in biodegradable pots inside but I want to plant the pots almost as soon as they start to sprout out of the soil;
Now with that being said i dont know if thats good or if I should wait longer before planting the pots, and also if i do wait longer like i said I wouldn't be able to care to the asmuch if their at home as i don't have proper quipment or place for them to go
I do want them to be as big as possible but also trying to keep it discrete at home

Looking forward from hearing from you again Old Salt :)

Oh and I should probabaly mention; No it is not for medical purposes, it's more business related, I'm growing for me.

Back
Top Bottom