GrowingGirls' Mystery Seed Growing Adventure Journal - 2010

I have placed three orders with Attitude and they all arrived on the west coast in under 10 days. If you can wait for a special you can score a really good deal. My first order was just to get all the free giveaways.

I bought this 10 pack
Product: Seedsman Seeds Purple Bud Seeds
Options: Reg Seeds Per Pack - 10 Seeds
Quantity: 1
Product Code: SMAN26/SMAN26
Price: $35.22

And got all these for free
Product: UFO #1 DNA Rocklock Feminized
Product Code: FREE SEED
Price: $0.00

Product: FREE Magus Genetics Warlock Feminized

Product: FREE Magus Genetics Motavation Feminized

Product: Serious Seeds Chronic Feminized

Product: DNA Genetics Sour Cream Feminized

Product: DNA Sour Kush Feminized

Product: Paradise Sensi Star Female

Product: Paradise Seeds Wappa Feminized

however, I did get the same t-shirt with all 3 orders :loopy:
shirt.jpg

Well, I got the lights at the back of the scrog fixed, but I'm running out of room to raise the middle row of light and am probably going to have to re-do the whole light set-up there soon. Not sure how I'm going to do it, but as always, I will figure something out.

I also shoved the big light that Rue and The Experiment are under into the corner, so now it's not getting in my way for working on the scrog.

Pics of Rue/The E:

IMG01715-20100816-1119.jpg

IMG01735-20100816-1126.jpg

IMG01732-20100816-1125.jpg

IMG01736-20100816-1126.jpg

IMG01739-20100816-1127.jpg

Scroggin':

IMG01713-20100816-1119.jpg

IMG01714-20100816-1119.jpg

IMG01741-20100816-1127.jpg

IMG01742-20100816-1127.jpg

I had to supercrop a few super-tall tops on the scrog...not ideal, but it had to be done. I'll grab pics of that later.

Your SCROG is looking AWESOME!!!! Dare I say, they look better than their mama!

Those are some very impressive plants. Thanks for all the information. That curing method looks like a winner.

When messing around with the scrog last night, I damn near broke this top right off. No big deal since I have 140 more tops, but since I was able to set it back up I decided to see if it will live. I'll find out in a couple hours.

IMG01773-20100817-1209.jpg

This is my $12 soil pH tester. I always hear bad things about the cheap ones, but as long as my plants are happy and I keep getting 6.5 readings from putting in 7.0 (drop-tested) nutes, I'm going to assume it's working and skip (most of) the runoff tests that I hate so much.

IMG01774-20100817-1213.jpg

You are Rockin' and Rollin' there GG!

Your Golden Girl is finishing up nice! Afraid I have no words of wisdom for you about drying and curing. Hoping to have real need of that information in a month or so myself! I've read a good amount of stuff, but still don't feel very confident.

The info in the above link is very good I'm sure. The one thing that caught my eye was where it says that your plants should be ready for manicure after they've been hanging for 3 to 4 weeks. I know that you don't want to rush the drying process, but that's the first time I've seen a recommendation to go that length of time before trimming them down. It may be an awesome way to do it, but, I don't think I could wait that long!

Your scrog is looking really good as well. That thing is going to be PACKED with BUD ACTION!

Good luck with the on-line seed purchase. I had good luck ordering recently from the Single Seed Center (a 420 Mag Sponsor:)). Got an interesting variety to try growing. They offer a delivery guaranty if you have them use registered mail. As I recall that was about $15 extra. I didn't pay the extra amount and my "DVD" arrived fine within about 10 days. I could understand paying the money especially if it's a pretty big order.

:goodjob: :peacetwo:

I use that same ph meter. I get two different readings depending on how I use it. If I turn it on and then put it in the soil I get one reading, usually 7.0. If I put it in the soil then turn it on I get a different reading. How do you use yours? Do you always get the same readings regardless of when you turn it on? I'm just wondering if it's my meter or my method.

Good luck with the on-line seed purchase. I had good luck ordering recently from the Single Seed Center (a 420 Mag Sponsor:)). Got an interesting variety to try growing. They offer a delivery guaranty if you have them use registered mail. As I recall that was about $15 extra. I didn't pay the extra amount and my "DVD" arrived fine within about 10 days. I could understand paying the money especially if it's a pretty big order.

Thanks, I will check them out! I am also thinking about cutting a few clones from my mother plant soon...she needs to be trimmed back anyway. But I still want seeds because my current strain is so damn slow and so tall; I want a faster and shorter plant.

I use that same ph meter. I get two different readings depending on how I use it. If I turn it on and then put it in the soil I get one reading, usually 7.0. If I put it in the soil then turn it on I get a different reading. How do you use yours? Do you always get the same readings regardless of when you turn it on? I'm just wondering if it's my meter or my method.

I put it in the soil (just after I've watered and the runoff has stopped), twirl it around a few times, walk away and do something else for 30-60 seconds, and then come back and turn it on. I've been doing it this way consistently for awhile so I don't remember other results, but my guess is that it does matter and that it makes sense to do it the same way every time.

Thanks for the tip! I just placed an order with them. I tried ordering from Attitude but my card kept getting declined...I knew it was probably a bank issue but decided to check out Single Seed Centre before calling the bank. As it turned out, my bank just needed to remove a block to give me temporary authorization to make purchases in Europe.

SSC had the seeds I wanted, plus a lower minimum purchase to get freebies, so I went with them. I ordered a Dinafem Blue Hash (I'm copycatting SanibelGreen) and a Dinafem Shark Attack. The two freebies are unnamed but I'm okay with that...the current freebies from Attitude are autoflowers, which I wasn't too excited about. At least now I get the fun of the surprise!

My big plant is a full 12 weeks today, but she doesn't look nearly ready to the naked eye. The scope will tell! But she hasn't been flushed yet and really needs it if I don't want her to taste as harsh as her sisters, so she'll probably get her last does of nutes or her first dose of flush today, depending on how the trichs look.

Today is a good day. The clones are happy, the scrog is happy, and Rue is not only happy but also getting really close to being done...she had a lot of pistils turn color in the last 24 hours. I stopped nutes and started feeding only molasses this morning. I'll do a trich check/test smoke later today, probably...just to see where she's at, even though I want to flush for at least a week still.

I wish I could find the thread where I got this idea...twist ties to hold down the unruly tops of the scrog. Tying down a few tops that were too close to the lights is way easier than moving all the lights. Also, I'm amazed at how much under-screen growth I had to snip off this morning, after thinking I had it really well cleaned up last night.

IMG01863-20100822-1028.jpg

IMG01873-20100822-1035.jpg

IMG01822-20100821-1030.jpg

IMG01825-20100821-1031.jpg

Having a humidifier running constantly on a low speed keeps the clones warm and very moist...other than filling the humidifier about once a day, I really don't have to do anything to them right now.

IMG01874-20100822-1038.jpg

I trimmed a ton of light-blocking leaves from Rue's buds last night...I know it's not polite to brag, but I think she looks amazing! :)

IMG01861-20100822-0912.jpg

IMG01859-20100822-0911.jpg

IMG01857-20100822-0911.jpg

IMG01858-20100822-0911.jpg

IMG01854-20100822-0909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom