Harvested too early, can curing help?

The Old Toby

So I was forced to harvest Two plants before I wanted to due to my next crop growing faster than I expected and outgrowing the veg tent early.
Unfortunately I don’t know the strains of exactly because the guy I got the clones from didn’t label them and got confused. I harvested one at 6 weeks (Northern Lights I believe) and one at 7 weeks (Gorilla Glue I believe). They were small bonsai like plants, and I’ve read that smaller plants finish faster. They were both frosty with a decent amount of red hairs, but I from pics I don’t know if Gorilla Glue naturally has that many anyway.
Aaaanyhoo, is there anything I can do during the drying or curing process to mitigate the harm early harvest may have caused? Thanks in advance for any help!

These are the pics at harvest time. One has been drying for 7 days and the other for 5 days. I am using a WeDryer

Attachments

• 874DF02E-E68F-42A1-B25B-A5848F4561C3.jpeg
    874DF02E-E68F-42A1-B25B-A5848F4561C3.jpeg
    984.6 KB · Views: 669
  • C36E007D-BB28-4EEF-B58F-DBC1E4147C6B.jpeg
    C36E007D-BB28-4EEF-B58F-DBC1E4147C6B.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 587
Yes it looks like they have been chopped a little early, i guess this is a learning curve which we all go through, i don't think you can do much now, but you should read some post on the drying and curing for the best results you can achieve now. Your next grow will be much better as we all learn as we grow. :high-five:

Really? Headaches? I looked at it through a jewelers loupe and a number are certainly clear, though some look cloudy. I was reading that this can give you a more heady/trippy high, but nothing about headaches.

As I mentioned earlier, the only reason I chopped em when I did is because I timed the next crop wrong and they were going to outgrow the flower tent.

There have been so many “learning opportunities” (aka f-ups) that I should know exactly what not to do with these new girls! We’ll see. Still have this girl (the biggest one) from my first crop left to harvest, and I’m going to push her as long as possible.

Here’s hoping for the best.

Ive gotten well baked on more immature buds than that. Dried in the microwave too.
Ive gotten well baked on more immature buds than that. Dried in the microwave too.
Well that’s good to hear! Seems like so much conflicting info on all things cannabis, but that’s the way it seems to be with everything in the world these days!

Thanks again for the welcome and the advice. Great to be on a forum where people actually give friendly, helpful answers. Really appreciate the community. As a lifetime medicater but newbie grower, I have a lot to learn, but am really dedicated to doing this right.

So I was forced to harvest Two plants before I wanted to due to my next crop growing faster than I expected and outgrowing the veg tent early.
Unfortunately I don’t know the strains of exactly because the guy I got the clones from didn’t label them and got confused. I harvested one at 6 weeks (Northern Lights I believe) and one at 7 weeks (Gorilla Glue I believe). They were small bonsai like plants, and I’ve read that smaller plants finish faster. They were both frosty with a decent amount of red hairs, but I from pics I don’t know if Gorilla Glue naturally has that many anyway.
Aaaanyhoo, is there anything I can do during the drying or curing process to mitigate the harm early harvest may have caused? Thanks in advance for any help!
I would probs dry them quickly and then slowly half way through. Give it a shot

I guess you'll have to test it & see for yourself. My experience is that if the trichs are clear ... it's not ready & will give you headaches. Cloudy gives you the Heady / Trippy High you mentioned. The more Amber = The more couch lock.

Really? Headaches? I looked at it through a jewelers loupe and a number are certainly clear, though some look cloudy. I was reading that this can give you a more heady/trippy high, but nothing about headaches.
Check this out ....

So they are both dry and in the jars curing. The NL have been on the jars about a week and the GG just a few days.

I fired up a little bit of the NL to see where we were at and WOW! Piney and citrusy with a beautifully strong and uplifting high with minimal lethargy.

I just don’t even know how good my eyes are with tricomes, even with a jewelers loupe. Certainly not textbook by any stretch, but this turned out to be some beautiful wake n bake meds! Should only get better with the curing right?

Back
Top Bottom