Has anyone had this happen?

Wil4204life

420 Member
Got some seeds in white widow blackberry kush and bruce banner. White widow is growing well. But BlackBerry kush looks like this its alive but tiny but it is growing. I think i had this happen before with either vanilla kush or ayahuasca purple. But barely remember. And ideas as to why so tiny and how to avoid next time or is it genetics.

Attachments

• 20200524_162744.jpg
    20200524_162744.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200524_162738.jpg
    20200524_162738.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 85
Got some seeds in white widow blackberry kush and bruce banner. White widow is growing well. But BlackBerry kush looks like this its alive but tiny but it is growing. I think i had this happen before with either vanilla kush or ayahuasca purple. But barely remember. And ideas as to why so tiny and how to avoid next time or is it genetics.
There has been a few similar posts lately of folk concerned about plants growing 'micro size'. I had this happen to one plant a couple of grows ago, at the time it perplexed me as my other plants that had the same soil in same pots grew fine. It's leaves grew in miniature and after 7 or 8 nodes it was only about 5.5 inches tall. As one poster pointed out each set of subsequent leaves should be bigger. After reading of other people's similar experiences I now feel that altho my micro plant grew in the 'same' soil I feel it is possible I place the sprouting seed on some 'clumpy' or less well mixed soil or perhaps overwatered it, as it's roots never developed well.

So the short answer is that I would guess it isn't the genetics, but more likely what @Apoc and @013 mention as being something to do with the soil or environment. Good luck.

I’ve had a lot of trouble with peat pucks, I get them started but then never do well, then I found others with same problem. By taking the fine exterior “skin” off the peat puck at transplant I've had much better success. What are those big objects on top of soil? What’s your soil mix? Ambient temp in grow space with lights on? What about lights off, whats your nighttime low temp?

You plug in the relevant data & someone here will nail it.

I’ve had a lot of trouble with peat pucks, I get them started but then never do well, then I found others with same problem. By taking the fine exterior “skin” off the peat puck at transplant I've had much better success. What are those big objects on top of soil? What’s your soil mix? Ambient temp in grow space with lights on? What about lights off, whats your nighttime low temp?

You plug in the relevant data & someone here will nail it.
Rock wool and soil is coco and peralite

Back
Top Bottom