HazePhase's LED Organic No-Till Grow Journal, 2017

Thank you for the great message and tips!
For the Dolomite i read to do 1 cup per Cubic foot - I was doing 8 Cubic Feet of mix so that was 8 cups of Dolomite lime per 60 gallons or 8 cubic feet.. --- is that still too much? *not 12*

The COB light I have is similar pretty much the Vero29 new chips.
Right now I am missing an Array and guy isn't getting back to me which is troublesome as he said he shipped it a week ago and it takes 1 day....
Besides that they are at full power right now but only have half the lights on as half are veg only to save power.

Question for you:
- Right now my lights are just under 3 feet away and at full power - i was told to put at this height when i transplanted but I am not sure if i should be lowering it or not - new to lights and my light guy seems MIA.

Please let me know :)
Thanks man!!!!

The toppings look great, ive never supercropped them that young. Usually top them then let them grow out a bit and start lst.

update from this morning
IMG_036847.JPG
IMG_036738.JPG
IMG_036640.JPG
IMG_036539.JPG
IMG_036443.JPG

Thank you for the great message and tips!
For the Dolomite i read to do 1 cup per Cubic foot - I was doing 8 Cubic Feet of mix so that was 8 cups of Dolomite lime per 60 gallons or 8 cubic feet.. --- is that still too much? *not 12*

The COB light I have is similar pretty much the Vero29 new chips.
Right now I am missing an Array and guy isn't getting back to me which is troublesome as he said he shipped it a week ago and it takes 1 day....
Besides that they are at full power right now but only have half the lights on as half are veg only to save power.

Question for you:
- Right now my lights are just under 3 feet away and at full power - i was told to put at this height when i transplanted but I am not sure if i should be lowering it or not - new to lights and my light guy seems MIA.

Please let me know :)
Thanks man!!!!

For the Dolomite... I don't use any. You will be ok, when I used it few years ago with the coots mix no-til.. same soil just pull root ball out put new plant in hole. I ran into issues after 8-10 runs in the same soil.. I just composted the old soil and mixed up a new batch without the Dolomite.

Coots cycles his soil, not every round but I think every other run. He has outdoor compost piles that can be rotated year to year. The mix actually gets better after a few runs.. just don't forget to make some compost tea and add in a 1/2 cup of Kelp Meal...

Compost tea - cup of EWC (worm castings) and bubble.. can add Kelp Meal or not... Can add BSM (black strap molasses) for food for the micro-organisms ... I add in ground to powder Malted Barley (from beer store) get whole Malted Barley not the already ground stuff.

The Malted Barley will up your game overnight! It's serious goodies.

I got my Vero lamps from Timber Grow lights here in the US.. quality 100% looks just like your setup.

What's wrong with one of the banks? Power supply issue? I'm a retired Engineer and know electronics maybe I can point you in the right direction. These lamps are very simple, the LED tech has been around since the 60's believe it or not. We really haven't come very far considering the time frame.. ONLY when oil got $$$ did companies want to invest in advances. Sad really.

The VERO29 chip is the latest... My plants grew right up to the light and into in .. only problems with a little heat was when the plants were like 3cm from the lamp... so you can get them close. What I would do with young plants and its what I do. Raise the lamps about 3' above the plants and they will grow up and into the lights ... better to do it that way than have short bushy plants. Once in flower then up close and personal.

I don't know if you can tell how close the tops are in this pic they are close I had to raise lamps again today after this pic. The Vero29 lamp is on the right in the pic. I've got 3 more in other locations. This is the best stretch I've gotten from any plant under any light source. The tops are at eye level so that for me is 5'8"ish inches or 172cm. Those are young ladies (~15 days in flower) and will stretch into the lamp, hopefully they are done now.

DSCN21744.JPG

For the Dolomite... I don't use any. You will be ok, when I used it few years ago with the coots mix no-til.. same soil just pull root ball out put new plant in hole. I ran into issues after 8-10 runs in the same soil.. I just composted the old soil and mixed up a new batch without the Dolomite.

Coots cycles his soil, not every round but I think every other run. He has outdoor compost piles that can be rotated year to year. The mix actually gets better after a few runs.. just don't forget to make some compost tea and add in a 1/2 cup of Kelp Meal...

Compost tea - cup of EWC (worm castings) and bubble.. can add Kelp Meal or not... Can add BSM (black strap molasses) for food for the micro-organisms ... I add in ground to powder Malted Barley (from beer store) get whole Malted Barley not the already ground stuff.

The Malted Barley will up your game overnight! It's serious goodies.

I got my Vero lamps from Timber Grow lights here in the US.. quality 100% looks just like your setup.

What's wrong with one of the banks? Power supply issue? I'm a retired Engineer and know electronics maybe I can point you in the right direction. These lamps are very simple, the LED tech has been around since the 60's believe it or not. We really haven't come very far considering the time frame.. ONLY when oil got $$$ did companies want to invest in advances. Sad really.

The VERO29 chip is the latest... My plants grew right up to the light and into in .. only problems with a little heat was when the plants were like 3cm from the lamp... so you can get them close. What I would do with young plants and its what I do. Raise the lamps about 3' above the plants and they will grow up and into the lights ... better to do it that way than have short bushy plants. Once in flower then up close and personal.

I don't know if you can tell how close the tops are in this pic they are close I had to raise lamps again today after this pic. The Vero29 lamp is on the right in the pic. I've got 3 more in other locations. This is the best stretch I've gotten from any plant under any light source. The tops are at eye level so that for me is 5'8"ish inches or 172cm. Those are young ladies (~15 days in flower) and will stretch into the lamp, hopefully they are done now.

DSCN21744.JPG

Thanks for the nice reply.

Yeah I already have given my plants - Coconut water - Aloe water and last Sunday i had a brewed tea for 46 hours of EWC + Organic molasses + pinch of yeast + pinch of kelp meal mixed with Aloe Water and brewed.
Also yesterday I gave them a about a cup and a bit each of some Barley SST i had made. :)

They slowed down a bit since topping them so I hope they pick back up :)
I will try and take pictures this morning in the next hour before they go to bed.

For the COB light I am trying to figure the distance I should have it as right now they are about 4 weeks from breaking through the soil and I have the light 3 feet away as i was told to do so. I have no idea where i should have the light to ensure they are receiving max light - considering my light is missing a full 1/3 of it's light at moment.

Light Issue: under warranty so I sent back to be fixed. That wasn't the problem it was fixed the next day but the person said he shipped it and then went MIA for 4 days and then said he had death in the family and now just waiting to hear from him he said today as he had told me he shipped it March 31st and it's usually 24 hours i have it.... so a bit worried there but we shall see --- Canpar delivery company is the worst - they ended up smashing my light and then hanging up on me and told me it would take 30 days to file a report LOL
Just paid for the shipping to get it fixed... jerks...

Anyways so I am hoping to get it by today /tomorrow but probably next week.

Questions for you:
1. Week 4-5-6 where should I have the light - height wise?
2. Veg Only - what do you suggest light wise - do you use Cobs or what do you think is best at this stage as I need another light. a lot of people say T5 lights are best?? I am a newb :)

Quick Picture Update:

I was watering every 4-5 days and I watered the girls yesterday around Supper time and soil looks like it's drying on the top faster which is good :)
Looks like I might start watering just a bit every 2-3 days and switching up between:
Day 1: Water
Day 2: Coconut water
Day 3: Tea (EWC/Molasses/yeast/kelp/aloe water)
Day 4: Water
Day 5: Barley SST
Day 6: Water
Day 7: Aloe Water
Day 8: Repeat

Open to advice :)

Girls are starting to recoup from topping and pick up their speed again :)

ONE WEIRD THING:
- I have had one plant who shed seed last and has been behind.
- Has mutated leaf so extra leaf as you can see in some picts
- New Growth is missing a leaf or half a leaf
- Shorter than rest.

Does anyone know why this would be as I bought DNA Genetics which is supposed to top Genetics.

Thx Everyone and HAPPY EASTER!!!

IMG_047048.JPG
IMG_046947.JPG
IMG_046850.JPG
IMG_046746.JPG
IMG_046651.JPG
IMG_046447.JPG
IMG_046340.JPG

Looks like the shock is over and the girls are picking up speed and growing again :)
Thought I would share a picture of each and the temp/humidity levels.

There is one plant that seems to be having trouble,not growing height wise but still have great growth just different size leafs or missing a leaf etc.... also has a leaf with extra leaflet lol

Either way the room is starting to smell nice and the plants seem to be drinking a lot more.
Was watering every 4-5 days and watered 2 nights ago and may have to water tonight.

Thanks Everyone for Following :)

comefrombehind.JPG
RnnerUp.JPG
Monster10.JPG
IMG_049540.JPG
IMG_049444.JPG
]

The girls received a nice drink of Aloe Water tonight.
I am now using Citric Acid and letting my tap water sit (soon bubble) for 24 hours before using it.
My PH was 9.1 and I adjusted it to 7.0

Also due to peak season for hydro i was doing 16/8 for light on/off but I am starting tomorrow morning to switch to 18/6 which means they will get an extra 2 hours of light per day for the next 30 days!
Also another great bonus is my missing array should be arriving tomorrow so adding 33% extra light going forward.

Here are some quick pictures and have a wonderful day!

IMG_052640.JPG
IMG_052539.JPG
IMG_052434.JPG
IMG_052326.JPG
IMG_052144.JPG
IMG_051954.JPG
IMG_051852.JPG
IMG_051755.JPG
IMG_051654.JPG

HAPPY 420 Everyone!!!
Also my repaired array came in so now I have my full light in my tent --- finally after 3 weeks of waiting!!!!!

I watered them tonight and I am going to brew some ewc/molasses/yeast/kelp/barely sst with water so I can water them on Sunday and my additional soil which is cooking and waiting for when i transplant in a week or so.

Here are some pictures.
Have a great one everyone!!!
IMG_056944.JPG
IMG_056842.JPG
IMG_056747.JPG
IMG_056548.JPG
IMG_056447.JPG
IMG_056344.JPG
IMG_056249.JPG
IMG_055850.JPG
IMG_055546.JPG

Hello Folks,

It's been awhile as I have been quite busy with work and trying to order and setup my Veg Tent and light.
Good News - My vent set up has arrived (minus 4 x T5 bulbs which stayed on the truck while I collected someone else's package.... sucks to be us lol –- good thing is I have 2 lights and currently only need to use one)

Veg SetUp:
3.3 x 3.3 x 6.5 - Mars Hydro Veg Tent
4" Fan and Carbon Filter + timer controller and ducting
(2) - 4Bulb 2ft Fixtures to ensure I cover entire tent with light
Power Bar / Timer
Additional 7 day Timer
3x3 flood tray (arriving by Friday)
Also my plants are taking off again since toping them a second time and adding in my 3rd array of lights!
I have found my mother plant
Straggles the fall behind has ton of new growth and doing amazing
TwinPeaks has jumped over night with two amazing tops on each side stretching out
Others are doing amazing with nice new growth!!
I am either going to be transplanting them into their 15 gallon totes tomorrow or Sunday as I am gone Friday evening into Saturday evening.
They could stay longer in their 2 gallons but I need to clear the room where the soil and totes are to make room for the veg tent.
Once I have the Veg tent set up I will be moving my mother plant in there alone to enjoy and grow!

Thank you all for following and have a great one!!!
HazePhase

FreshGrowth.JPG
Scraggles.JPG
Oneside.JPG
Momma.JPG
Thickness.JPG
TwinPeaks.JPG
VegSetUp1.JPG

Hello Friends,

It's been a busy weekend and I finally have time to do a quick update.
I've transplanted all my plants minus one which is the mother plant which I will be doing tonight.
The reason for the delay for this plant is due to this weekend being swamped and not being able to finish setting up my 3x3 tent. (Tonight will be the final tent set up + mother transplant + Scrogco screens put on my others in 5x5 tent)

Now back to what's been done for this current update.
I've been able to get 5of6 of them transplanted. I was originally going to be doing 4 plants only in my 5x5 but I will only need one mother so I put #5 in the middle, raised up in a 10 gallon pot :) The more the merrier :)

I transplanted them on Friday morning and set up my 3x3 tent only. Today fixed up the filter, fan and ducts + 1 T5 figure and 1 more to go tonight :)

Here are some pictures.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and thank you for following along.

I will update once the mother and other text are good to go - girls are up in 30 minutes
:)

HazePhase

IMG_025659.JPG
IMG_025563.JPG
IMG_025460.JPG
IMG_025368.JPG
IMG_025263.JPG
IMG_025166.JPG
IMG_024953.JPG

Hello Folks,

Alright so here is a point form update of what’s been done:
- Set up my 3x3 Veg Tent which includes:
-small clip fans X 2 (one on top of light and other blowing on mother plant)
-Clone King 36 site machine
-4” intake fan with Carbon Filter (Fan sits on top of tent to free up room)
-3x3 Flood Tray
-2 x2 foot 4 bulb T5 light systems
- Set up a 18” Fan attached to the ceiling of my 5x5 tent for air circulation and strengthening plants
- Transplanted the mom into her 20 gallon smart pot and moved under T5’s in 3x3 tent
- Installed 4x Scrogco Screens and trained plants in Flower Tent
- Since I have extra plant I tied it down to the itself to replicate the screen formation
- Lollipopped all my plants (first time)
- Took clones for my first time and had 4 good looking ones that are now in my Clone King 36
- Watered Plants with Barley SST a few days ago and watered again regular water last night
- Have some soil cooking left over that I need to water

That is everything up to date.

Tomorrow is going to mark Week 7 since they broke through the soil and I am going to flip the switch and add the other 6 Cobs to the equation 3,000K lights and get this party started into Flower Power!

Flower time is 9 weeks on average and I am planning for 10 weeks in case.

This will leave me 4.5 weeks to Harvest, Dry, Trim, Cure so I can bring it with me on my trip to BC and Alberta!!!!!!

I will leave my mother Veg until I get back (have a friend water her 2-3 times a week while away) then I will be taking clones off of her for a SOG - 15 plant grow for faster harvest and to start a new strain

I’ve added some pictures of my clones, plants in screens and tied down and my mother plant under the T5.

One thing to note if ordering a 3x3 flood tray for a 3x3 tent it’s actually 41 inches when you equate for the lip and edge of it…. fun times… I had to cut this hard plastic off and then sand down the edges and now it’s in there!

If you have any questions or want any other pictures please let me know.

Have a great day everyone!
(sorry tried to condense)

HazePhase

TieDown1.JPG
Mother19.JPG
IMG_086146.JPG
IMG_086047.JPG
IMG_085843.JPG
IMG_085751.JPG
GroupPhoto.JPG
CloneUnderLight.JPG
CloneCloseUp.JPG

Thought it was time for a quick update.
today at 5pm will mark officially 7 days of all 12 cobs light and 12/12 lighting.

Small hairs starting to show however two days ago i trimmed everything that was in the shade under the screen which was quite a lot.

From just pruning under the screen I was able to make 14 clones from it - see pictures (this is second attempt doing this ever and first time i didn't do it right so looking forward to this round)

I have added since last post:
-Soil Inoculant
-Red Wigglers
-12/12 lighting
-All 12 Cobs on

What's new coming up?
-letting plants grow now, no more training unless fan leafs to push under.
-Starting new herb tea for flowering which will include
---------Bat Guano, Kelp/alfalfa/crab meal, humic acid, EWC, molasses
-Adding a top cover to 20 gallon mother which has several types of clover, fenugreek, peas, buckwheat etc...
-Will be adding seeding for this so it's growing naturally to provide and control nutrient uptake :)
-Continued pruning under screen and supporting top cola's if needed
-Blue corn SST to be rotated with Alfalfa SST a few times in flower
-Debating about buying some Vero18 1750k LED's to add to my current set up and also thinking about adding one more rail for a total of 16 cobs and 4 rails.

Thank you to everyone who has been following along.
The girls are getting big and every day!!

Heard week 3 and week 8 are magical in flower so starting week 2 and I already feel like it's magical :)

Enjoying the growing life!!
Have a great Friday everyone!

IMG_099539.JPG
IMG_099442.JPG
IMG_099339.JPG
IMG_099235.JPG
IMG_099040.JPG
IMG_098941.JPG
IMG_095936.JPG

Back
Top Bottom