A New Chapter: First Indoor Grow With NextLight Mega

Otter, you didnt get a lot of stretch with your Mega did you?
Less than I thought might for sure. Am I finding the longer in veg the less stretch? Or do you suppose the light has more to do with it? I was wondering. Last grow the timing of 3 weeks got down to 1 for my more indicas. The more sativa plants went a little longer but not much. No where near a 3 week stretch.

Less than I thought might for sure. Am I finding the longer in veg the less stretch? Or do you suppose the light has more to do with it? I was wondering. Last grow the timing of 3 weeks got down to 1 for my more indicas. The more sativa plants went a little longer but not much. No where near a 3 week stretch.
I normally count on a 2 week stretch, but I am convinced that bringing up the intensity of light during that time reduces the amount that they stretch trying to find the PAR that they like. I would think that under the MEGA, they would be perfectly happy with the amount of light they were getting and would not stretch as much as they would under less optimum conditions. I am anxious to try it myself!

I normally count on a 2 week stretch, but I am convinced that bringing up the intensity of light during that time reduces the amount that they stretch trying to find the PAR that they like. I would think that under the MEGA, they would be perfectly happy with the amount of light they were getting and would not stretch as much as they would under less optimum conditions. I am anxious to try it myself!
I’ll be keeping a close eye on them for sure!
Being my first indoor run don’t have much to compare it to.
My outdoor girls got VERY tall going from the MEGA to the sun...I wondered if it just took them some time to figure out where all the light went...and now wondering if I should have had a better plan for that?
Will have to rethink for the outdoor girls next year.

I added the dimmer and am glad. These plants I have now have not seen more than they need I'm pretty sure. They're growing like weeds at a fraction of the power vegging. Have you passed papers?

I added the dimmer and am glad. These plants I have now have not seen more than they need I'm pretty sure. They're growing like weeds at a fraction of the power vegging. Have you passed papers?
I have my cob array for the veg tent, and with my legal restrictions I really dont need more than a 2x4 for that, and I can dim that array down to ridiculous levels. I will be using my MEGA strictly in the 4x4 bloom tent and I am hoping that by adjusting the vertical height I can dim it a little bit, but I may send off for the dimmer just to have it. The power draw is no longer a concern to me since I am going solar. Been passing a lot of papers and writing some checks in that regard lately, but cant take possession until closing on the 25th.

I have my cob array for the veg tent, and with my legal restrictions I really dont need more than a 2x4 for that, and I can dim that array down to ridiculous levels. I will be using my MEGA strictly in the 4x4 bloom tent and I am hoping that by adjusting the vertical height I can dim it a little bit, but I may send off for the dimmer just to have it. The power draw is no longer a concern to me since I am going solar. Been passing a lot of papers and writing some checks in that regard lately, but cant take possession until closing on the 25th.
The Mega will shine in that application! Some sativaish colas grew within 6 inches and none were harmed. Not that I prefer that situation, I had several different cultivars heights at once. Hey only 15 days and you're on your way!

A little update on the ladies..one week after flip at 44 days from seed
38F1E713-305E-4846-98A3-FB7DD447164D.jpeg

And the autoflowers two weeks into flowering
Dark widow
D5D366EE-31EA-4EDF-899A-E745214CEAC2.jpeg

4564F745-EBA6-4A9E-9D83-5D5340A6D59B.jpeg

414FCF4B-7D92-4BDC-8312-14CFA1C6D59D.jpeg

Dark Devil
61A4F484-3867-4256-BF82-73418CE5698B.jpeg

B7A29F50-7374-4857-A087-F7778A94A43D.jpeg

One little Green Crack close up..one week from flip
4B2AE1AC-69F1-4E69-BD82-A67153BA19FC.jpeg

And a shot of “Gus” the Keeper of the tent perimeter
068CFCD9-B0C1-4148-BE54-09B9A37D525B.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!

Stretching is good and is the path to building big tall coals. Stretch goes on for 2 weeks and light intensity should not have any thing to do with little stretch. Outdoor grows can double in size during the stretch and they have the most intense light. Your plants got so tall when you put them outside because they had more intense lighting and could grow the stretch.

You guys are saying your LEDs are more powerful than the sun?

Stretching is good and is the path to building big tall coals. Stretch goes on for 2 weeks and light intensity should not have any thing to do with little stretch. Outdoor grows can double in size during the stretch and they have the most intense light. Your plants got so tall when you put them outside because they had more intense lighting and could grow the stretch.

You guys are saying your LEDs are more powerful than the sun?
Haha, Hi HunterNitro, no, I was commenting on what I experienced in my grows. Stretching can be good, but not always. I have noticed when light is weak plants stretch more than I want. Give them more light and they stretch less. Yes? The conversation you came in on was about new lights we happen to each have and the comment was on my very last grow, my first with the new light. You think we just made us up some bro science? Please enlighten me. Last thing I want is to bring wrong knowledge to the party.

A little update on the ladies..one week after flip at 44 days from seed
38F1E713-305E-4846-98A3-FB7DD447164D.jpeg

And the autoflowers two weeks into flowering
Dark widow
D5D366EE-31EA-4EDF-899A-E745214CEAC2.jpeg

4564F745-EBA6-4A9E-9D83-5D5340A6D59B.jpeg

414FCF4B-7D92-4BDC-8312-14CFA1C6D59D.jpeg

Dark Devil
61A4F484-3867-4256-BF82-73418CE5698B.jpeg

B7A29F50-7374-4857-A087-F7778A94A43D.jpeg

One little Green Crack close up..one week from flip
4B2AE1AC-69F1-4E69-BD82-A67153BA19FC.jpeg

And a shot of “Gus” the Keeper of the tent perimeter
068CFCD9-B0C1-4148-BE54-09B9A37D525B.jpeg

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!
They're starting to bud up nicely Kanda.

I'm in for this grow, Kanda! What a nice set-up! Your DDAs look like real winners. :Rasta:

I'm in for this grow, Kanda! What a nice set-up! Your DDAs look like real winners. :Rasta:
Thanks! The light I won here and she’s a beauty for sure!!
The tent I tried to set up so the light could be showcased....thank you amazon and hubby for the HVAC work. I’ve done lots of reading here and don’t think I’ll ever run out of ideas lol
I am really loving the ac infinity fan and and Am happy I went with the 8 inch. This run of autoflowers has been great so far! With any luck things will just keep trucking along.
Hope you enjoy the show!

Looking awesome!! How do you like transitioning from growing outdoors, to growing indoors in a controlled environment?

love the gnome!!
#GameOfGnomes!!:headbanger:
I thought I liked it....sailing along with no worries....then out of my mouth came “ well at least all the drama is in the outdoor garden this year”.......the plant Gods heard me....then BAM...a hermie in the garden....
My ICED Grapefruit....and CHOP!!
Pics of slightly less full garden to follow...

Otherwise I’m enjoying indoor growing. No leaf munchers..great weather every day..no gale force winds...
I am very grateful though to be able to grow a tree or two outdoors...the experience is so different.

So, like I mentioned ICED grapefruit hermits in me...16 days post flip.
CHOP!!
The other three ladies are looking great. I guess on the bright side it lets more air circulate. Just trying to roll with it.
Back corner Green Crack
Front left Blue Cindy
Front right Belladonna
D10118DB-1259-4CEC-A330-B3401BBF72DF.jpeg
1EB67C4A-AFE8-4C3E-B675-533F1B89D4AA.jpeg
1EAB218A-4F7C-4AE8-BDDC-F359A111D229.jpeg
The autoflowers continue to amaze me. Even in 12/12 light I think the look great..23 days in flower
Dark Devil Auto
7CA77F7A-5874-4BFE-8C65-3C0BE48FA671.jpeg
B48E2C4D-7FF2-4C42-B4FF-959AF7E0FF70.jpeg
Dark Widow Auto
8B217224-B2F8-4415-B4FF-10E88F66148E.jpeg
6BC102F2-AD02-4768-9702-F6E1A52EF79B.jpeg
Here’s hoping I can keep the drama to a minimum lol
We’ve been in a heatwave here but we seem to be able to keep temps at 82 or lower. If the lights were on during the day it would not be even remotely possible.

Back
Top Bottom