2nd Grow - 1st Roots Organic - Kind Soil With A Flux Grow - Northern Lights Auto

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement, Drazel and Sara!
:passitleft:

I just did a little clean-up. Pinned down the 4 new branches and trimmed the couple big leaves off that 3rd node I topped to get this flux started.

420-magazine-mobile1086550996.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1584158684.jpg

420-magazine-mobile703247526.jpg

Fluxing right along :) and yep you take every other node off (under over nodes) along bothmain flux arms. :) doing a grand job :)
Thanks, LA! Yes, I gained the under over node removal knowledge from looking at your pics, close-up.

I was actually just over on your thread again, trying to get an idea of how close you cut when you defoliate. Looks like not too close to the branch when removing leaves.

Great grow you have going on here! I'm looking to go organic soon as well, and was thinking of using kind soil. Glad to see someone else is using it as well! Can't wait to see how these girls do! Happy Growing!
:roorrip:

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Mr A! Thanks for poppin in ColoradoKid! Yeah, I'm hoping for good things with the KindSoil, will simplify things considerably if it works well across the board. So far so good! :)

420-magazine-mobile640618434.jpg

Thanks Mr A! Thanks for poppin in ColoradoKid! Yeah, I'm hoping for good things with the KindSoil, will simplify things considerably if it works well across the board. So far so good! :)

Ah yes do I love simplicity lol, great to hear it is working out good so far. Do you plan on brewing any tea to supplement at all?

Ah yes do I love simplicity lol, great to hear it is working out good so far. Do you plan on brewing any tea to supplement at all?

I have no plans for using anything other than water. Now, if I run into problems the KS people said to send pics and call and they would work with me to get things back on track. I don't anticipate that considering what I've seen/heard from others using it with water only.

I have no plans for using anything other than water. Now, if I run into problems the KS people said to send pics and call and they would work with me to get things back on track. I don't anticipate that considering what I've seen/heard from others using it with water only.

Oh sweet! I thought you had to supplement, but if you only need water then that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yep, KS recommends against using anything besides water. There's a thread on another site where people are experimenting with additional supplements along with people just using water. Seemed to me that the ones not using supplements were doing just fine. So first grow with it, I'll take the soil maker's advice and see what happens. ;)

Hey DB, welcome to the board and to my journal! Thanks for dropping in and for the compliments. When thinking of other NLAs here, you may be interested in checking out Snid's and MetalPoet's; Mono won last month with a NL (not an auto).

I'm pretty happy with the NLA I've been growing. Looking to get into something with more of a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio next but I'm dragging my feet on the seed buying part. I'm thinking of starting 1 new plant approximately every 30 days and see how that works out for my system.

I just had a read through your journal. You're looking real solid on your end too! Glad you're aboard! :passitleft:

Thanks for the tips! Always interested to see what other people have going on. Yeah seeds can get fairly pricey. What strains are on your next seed shopping list? I really want to try Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, White Widow, and Purple Kush. Gonna be a while before I can afford that though haha. How come you're dragging your feet?

Appreciate it bud! Glad to be along for the ride! Your Flux looks so proper holy tits. I started out with a flux shape in mind. However for a few different reasons, I've kind of just let the girls do their own thing. On my plants the arms are a bit too close together and sometimes block other branches from the light. But on your plant you have an actual flux going on with evenly separated limbs. You got this down. Great work.

Geez, IJ, now I know I've been busy --- never noticed you started a new grow! looking totally good!
Thanks, MP! I'm glad you found me here. :) :passitleft:

Do you have any advice on when to let this auto start to grow up?

I'm keeping a good close eye on her but am leaving for 5 days in a few weeks so I hope that doesn't mess up the process.

Thanks for the tips! Always interested to see what other people have going on. Yeah seeds can get fairly pricey. What strains are on your next seed shopping list? I really want to try Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, White Widow, and Purple Kush. Gonna be a while before I can afford that though haha. How come you're dragging your feet?

Appreciate it bud! Glad to be along for the ride! Your Flux looks so proper holy tits. I started out with a flux shape in mind. However for a few different reasons, I've kind of just let the girls do their own thing. On my plants the arms are a bit too close together and sometimes block other branches from the light. But on your plant you have an actual flux going on with evenly separated limbs. You got this down. Great work.

Heya DB,
I'd also like to try those strains you listed. In time. ;) :thumb:

The flux on NL#4 here seems to be going pretty good. I'm keeping a close eye on her and adjusting and defoling as warranted. I hope the 5-days I'll be going away won't wreck it.

I ended up buying a couple seeds...

Free seeds coming along are a Delicious Candy Feminised and 2 Afghani Regular. Money is tight right now so I am trying to be smart about my spending. I sure hope these two survive once I instigate germination. :)

Thanks, MP! I'm glad you found me here. :) :passitleft:

Do you have any advice on when to let this auto start to grow up?

I'm keeping a good close eye on her but am leaving for 5 days in a few weeks so I hope that doesn't mess up the process.

The advice I got was to let it grow up as soon as she went into flower... I would refine that to say let it grow up as soon as it is in FULL flower versus preflower--a concept I understand much better now! You can keep fluxing it-- if necessary--- your flux looks good and even so it may not be necessary. If you're happy you could let it go up at preflower.

The advice I got was to let it grow up as soon as she went into flower... I would refine that to say let it grow up as soon as it is in FULL flower versus preflower--a concept I understand much better now! You can keep fluxing it-- if necessary--- your flux looks good and even so it may not be necessary. If you're happy you could let it go up at preflower.
Nice! Thanks for that MP! I know what you mean about pre-flower and full-on flower too. It's amazing how much you learn going through a single grow! So it seems I'm just getting into pre-flower now, at 39 days from germination. I don't think I have to panic just yet. :)

How many times did you top yours?

I just asked LightAddict about it too, in his current fluxing thread. Wanted to put up current pics for him to have a look at. Here they are.

420-magazine-mobile458436645.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1074074806.jpg

420-magazine-mobile564862382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile606549660.jpg

Top the 2 main ends to your big flux asap if not done already. This balances structure, otherwise you get 2 over dominant ends! Plus your toping adds limbs! :) then wait to map them out into a touch of space and go vert! :)
Thanks, LA! You must have posted while I was. Should I wait and top the next side-by-side node or the current one?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm going to top the current one when it opens up a little bit more.

I'm doing a Raspberry Cough Sativa in KindSoil. It's the first time working with KindSoil I like it, it's been the easiest grow yet. Though I find it a bit expensive to do with several plants, but we shall see. Your fluxing is coming out great looking. I'm trying mainlining for the first time on the same plant. Next time I want to try fluxing. Anyway, good luck
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom