2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies - XXX Bubba & MadMan OG - Roots Organic

Awesome harvest man. I'm jealous. I've always heard that GSC wasn't a high yield strain, so an ounce isn't surprising there. But awesome pull man, you're gonna be set for a while now

Awesome harvest man. I'm jealous. I've always heard that GSC wasn't a high yield strain, so an ounce isn't surprising there. But awesome pull man, you're gonna be set for a while now

Thanks man. What do you think the weight would be in the very last picture? As far as the GSC i'm not too sure its even GSC im used to seeing a good amount of purple in it, but the hairs look right.

I'm really bad at guessing weight. I have used paper bags in drying. I usually hang the bud up for 3 or 4 days, then I put it in the bag and mix it around every few hours for about 3 days. You'll want that nice crispy outside with a soft squishy inside. I think there's a tutorial here, I'll see if I can find it for ya

Thanks man, I was actually reading that. I'm actually attempting to dry them completely in the bag from direct harvest. I went ahead and made sure all the bugs are broken up smaller than golf balls. Theres a lot of people in forums saying that they don't hang them before the bags. So far I gotta say that the bag method works and works really good. I actually barely smell any chlorophyll and it's been only 2 days!, I mostly smell dank bud. I'm assuming the paper bags are absorbing moisture very slowly along with the chorophyll. I've been making sure I shake up the bags every now and then to avoid the nugs being in one position the whole time to prevent mold. I think it's gonna take a minute to dry up for jars but, I'm liking the slow dry. I'm praying to the weed gods to keep mold away. But so far these bags are working great.

The bags do work great, and I imagine it does to weed what it does to bananas which is ripen them up quick. I've tried hanging, bagging and freezer dry/cure. All have ups and downs but get the job done right. Can't wait to hear a smoke report on them

The bags do work great, and I imagine it does to weed what it does to bananas which is ripen them up quick. I've tried hanging, bagging and freezer dry/cure. All have ups and downs but get the job done right. Can't wait to hear a smoke report on them

This bag method is just surprising to me lol it seems like it's dries and cures at the same time. Can't wait to smoke it lol. Definitely will be doing a smoke report. You'd still prefer hanging? I felt that hanging them is somewhat harder to gauge whether they are ready for jars. Each time I hung them they seem to dry much faster

I won't hang them this time around because there's no place I can get the right environment for that. So I'll have to bring them inside to dry in bags. My grow room is mid 70's with no humidity, and my garage is 30's with 50 percent humidity. So I'll do a bunch in bags and a bunch in the freezer.

I won't hang them this time around because there's no place I can get the right environment for that. So I'll have to bring them inside to dry in bags. My grow room is mid 70's with no humidity, and my garage is 30's with 50 percent humidity. So I'll do a bunch in bags and a bunch in the freezer.

Man foreal? 0 humidity? Is that a good or bad thing?

It gets up to 25 percent when I water them, but usually drops after a few hours. It's supposed to be really good for trichome production to have as low of humidity as possible. Plus it helps keep your buds from molding if they get too dense or close together

It gets up to 25 percent when I water them, but usually drops after a few hours. It's supposed to be really good for trichome production to have as low of humidity as possible. Plus it helps keep your buds from molding if they get too dense or close together

Oh I see, I knew about the low humidity thing but was under the impression that they do need humidity in flower as well

They probably do, I've been watering my plants and letting the water puddle on the floor so I can get something in there. But the heater running all day and night really dries it out in there

They probably do, I've been watering my plants and letting the water puddle on the floor so I can get something in there. But the heater running all day and night really dries it out in there

Damn that sucks but I mean you definitely adapted and seem be growing some bomb. Luckily it was fall time when I started the weather was just absolutely perfect all the way through. Temp stayed below 81 between 72-80 with an avg rH of 50-65. Summer was a pain in the ass, temps were definitely high without the proper equipment. I actually only used a fan and left both tent flaps open throughout the whole grow. But shows you how resilient these plants really are.

I just scoped out my MadManOG is it normal for the trichs to turn amber while drying? Thats what it looks like. I hope its not mold!

Holy crap. I just looked at the nugs with a scope. Looks like a lot of the trichromes are just maturing while drying. I am seeing a deep amber on some heads. I got scared for a sec lol. I still worry haha the buds are just too damn dank.

Anywho. I cut two of the main colas off the GSC a week before the rest since they looked done. Just smoked a bowl of some right now and its definitely GSC I can taste it. Still not fully cured yet but its pretty good already just a little harsh still. I have them curing in a jar at the moment its about an eighth or so.

I noticed the same thing on that Strawberry blue I grew. I chopped when it was all cloudy and noticed days later that they ambered a little on me. Gonna be some fire ass weed man

Alright I'm a little scared now. Looking at the bud blown up on the computer it kinda does look like mold might be developing. I am seeing amber trichs but, look at this nug it looks odd that that one spot is a little darker. mannn id be so pissed. Let me know what you think. Please tell me it looks like its just an amber area haha

IMG_063432.jpg

Heres the XXX Bubba. Look so dark without the flash though.
IMG_063130.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom