Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

re: Db003's First Grow - Mars II 400W - Green Crack & Larrys OG Kush

Your plants are looking good. A few questions for you as im curious. Why did you choose to start flushing so early? From what i see and the time line you are not even on week 7 of flower yet and your girls could go for at least 2 more weeks before flushing. Even the fastest strains usually dont finish until 8 weeks. Im just curious as to your thought and why you are flushing so early.

Personally, I try and wait until the plant is almost completely done before even flushing... Once you get a few grows under your belt you will know what i mean by plant being done. Im still seeing a lot of new pistils on your colas.

Also how do you feel your LED light is performing?

Your plants are looking good. A few questions for you as im curious. Why did you choose to start flushing so early? From what i see and the time line you are not even on week 7 of flower yet and your girls could go for at least 2 more weeks before flushing. Even the fastest strains usually dont finish until 8 weeks. Im just curious as to your thought and why you are flushing so early.

Personally, I try and wait until the plant is almost completely done before even flushing... Once you get a few grows under your belt you will know what i mean by plant being done. Im still seeing a lot of new pistils on your colas.

Also how do you feel your LED light is performing?

what's up @HunterNitro I am at the end of week 7 I am I day 48 of flower I will be in week 8 on Sunday I don't think that is early but I could be wrong as for the led I don't have anything else to compare it to but so far I love it I am going to get another one so I can have one for veg and one for flower the one I have now is a mars II 400 I will be getting is the mars II 700 for flower that being said I wish it had better light penetration but I can deal with that both of my tents are in my room I sleep in so extra heat would suck that's one of the reasons I went with led

looking good man some of those buds look nice and big too :circle-of-love:

db003, 48 days in flower is a day short of 7 weeks flowering. I think u lost a week there somewhere =) 49 days is only 7 weeks not 8. I ask because I didn't want you to harvest to early if you didn't want to. Letting cannabis ripen to its full potential is kinda like when growing tomatoes. You have big beautiful green tomatoes until that perfect week when they start to ripen. If you pick them while still green they are great but not as good as a fully ripen fresh tomato. Same as cannabis! I use this because I just started picking my beautiful ripe tomatoes this week! Even if you harvest at the 8 week mark they will be good. I just know how much better it is if you let them go all the way! Good luck buddy!

Looks good man! :) We're almost there!
Sorry I haven't been commenting as much, been really bizzy with work. :)

its all good man thanks for the support

hello to all my friends out there today is Monday 6/29/15 I am in day #51 of flower today is one of my watering days I gave each plant about a gallon of plain water until I seen run off and put down another sticky fly trap I wish I would had got some of them before now that thing was just filled with gnats :rip: fungus gnats may you burn in hell:rofl:

plants are looking great still no signs of yellowing yet I got to say my Larry og Kush is just swelling like a monster I swear the buds are getting bigger over night don't get me wrong they are getting bigger just not as big as I would like still a lot of white hairs so we will just have to wait and see

as for the green crack almost all the hairs are orange I still can see a few white hairs but no new ones it does not seem to be swelling like the Larry og Kush I know it still has to be growing just not as much I will start checking trichomes July 1st for ripeness

I don't like the fact that I have to pull the plants out the tent every time I want to get I good look at the trichomes I tried to do it when they were still in the tent and it was just impossible I had to take them out but its no big deal its just don't want to damage the plants this late in the grow

other good news I won the bid I had on eBay for a mars II 700w I got it for $222.50 plus I have like 180 dollars in eBay buck's so I only have to pay like 40 bucks out of pocket for the light now I just have to pay for it when I get paid on July 3rd and its all mine

well that's it and now for some pics

both plants
0012413.JPG

0022361.JPG

0032257.JPG

0111065.JPG

the Larry og Kush macro shots
0051994.JPG

0081502.JPG

the green crack macro shots
0061768.JPG

0071646.JPG

Looking good! If you want to get rid of the gnats all you have to do is top your soil with a 1.5 inch of play sand and they will be gone... hopefully.

Also, if you want bigger buds you can either cut your grow down to one plant or get more lights! If you cut the plant count down the wattage will go to that single plant and make bigger buds.

Congratz on a new light! I notice your photos look like the light is of blue spectrum? You may be editing the photos im just curious.

Looking great db I can't wait to see your yield, and a couple inches of play sand on top of your soil would help a lot like Hunter said but make sure it's play sand and not something like beach sand.

Hey Hunter db probably has the white balance on his camera set to auto, so the pics can come out looking blue or red depending on the angle the pic was taken, I see the same thing in my pics. With certain cameras you can adjust the white balance so you can see the true colors of the plants while their still under the light.

Looking great db I can't wait to see your yield, and a couple inches of play sand on top of your soil would help a lot like Hunter said but make sure it's play sand and not something like beach sand.

Hey Hunter db probably has the white balance on his camera set to auto, so the pics can come out looking blue or red depending on the angle the pic was taken, I see the same thing in my pics. With certain cameras you can adjust the white balance so you can see the true colors of the plants while their still under the light.

you got it right @HeavyChevy59 and @HunterNitro I am using my camera on auto white balance and thanks for the advice I will get some play sand

I was planning on growing one plant on my next grow

What kind of camera do you have? Also, the one plant idea will definitely produce biggers buds, but so will a ScrOG. Keep all of the buds at the same height and you can keep the light much closer to all the buds and not just the top buds. Plus, a more intensive defoliation on the lower branches will allow the plant to focus more energy on creating bigger buds than on creating a bunch of popcorn nugs. Just my two cents.

Congrats on winning the 700w Mars Hydro; it should be a much better fit for your tent. All that said, you're doing awesome for a first grow. Keep up the good work.

db003, 48 days in flower is a day short of 7 weeks flowering. I think u lost a week there somewhere =) 49 days is only 7 weeks not 8. I ask because I didn't want you to harvest to early if you didn't want to. Letting cannabis ripen to its full potential is kinda like when growing tomatoes. You have big beautiful green tomatoes until that perfect week when they start to ripen. If you pick them while still green they are great but not as good as a fully ripen fresh tomato. Same as cannabis! I use this because I just started picking my beautiful ripe tomatoes this week! Even if you harvest at the 8 week mark they will be good. I just know how much better it is if you let them go all the way! Good luck buddy!

I agree I was planning on flushing mine today it's been 50 flowering but after examining my girls i decided i was gonna let them go for another 3 weeks or so they still have like 75% white pistils, so I'm not going to be flushing today :)

I agree I was planning on flushing mine today it's been 50 flowering but after examining my girls i decided i was gonna let them go for another 3 weeks or so they still have like 75% white pistils, so I'm not going to be flushing today :)

I already started my flush so I will just continue until they are ripe

Looking amazing man cant wait to see some finished buds :circle-of-love:

good morning to all the growers out there today is 7/2/2015 day# 54 of flower it is almost 4th of July today is one of my watering days

today I gave them plain water to continue the flush for harvest I gave each plant one gallon of plain tap water that has been sitting out for a few days

as promised I took the green crack out of the tent a got a bunch of trichomes shots!!! I was going to do it yesterday but today was a watering day so it seamed like a better time to do it

it looks like almost all the trichomes are cloudy and I can see some ambers here and there :slide: I also had to use some of my pipe cleaners to hold up some of the branches on the green crack they are were bending under the weight of the buds on some of the lower braches

from what I can see the green crack is just about done I was of thinking of harvesting the green crack after the 5th of July and letting the Larry og Kush go longer since it seems like the buds are still swelling I don't want to harvest early and not let them reach there full potency

I still don't see any yellowing of the leafs I think my plants are to dam healthy I wanted to wait until they started yellowing before I harvested they that way the can use up the nutes they have stored up to help get rid of some of that chlorophyll

tell what you guys and gals think well now for some pics

almost all the trichomes shots were taken from the top of bud sites all over the plant some near the top and some of the lower sites p.s. there is a black spot in every trichome shot that's just my usb microscope

both plants can you spot the kitten lol
0022364.JPG

0032260.JPG

0042124.JPG

0051997.JPG

0061772.JPG

0071649.JPG

Larry og Kush macro shots
0081505.JPG

0091342.JPG

012969.JPG

015731.JPG

green crack macro shots
0101232.JPG

0111067.JPG

013884.JPG

016673.JPG

what you all have been waiting for the green crack usb microscope trichomes shots
Thu_Jul_02_08-29-36.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-32-07.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-29-54.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-35-02.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-36-54.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-38-55.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-41-43.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-37-40.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-43-12.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-45-10.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-46-57.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-47-44.jpg

Thu_Jul_02_08-48-13.jpg

what I have planned for 4th of July
0012416.JPG

017604.JPG

Awesome update man!! Love the trich shots but ya I would say it needs a good 1-2 weeks at least still and those plants look so healthy!! I need to take a page out of your book haha and make sure you get some red bull for that jager I haven't had it a a couple years since a actually partyed but from what I remember that stuff is gnarly by itself!!

Back
Top Bottom