Auto Sinevir - Auto Chere - Auto Skunk - Auto Kush

Alright so I figured it's been 10 days since my first full update on all the girls, so now seems like as good a time as any.

First up is Carpathian Seeds - Auto Chere (Somango x Blueberry) 60days listed time. Chere smells amazingly sweet and is the most coated in trich's of all the ladies, she is also the tallest most lanky of the 4. Right now she has about 70% pistil die back and calyxes are swelling up, especially in the tops. Closer inspection w/ 10X jewlers loupe shows about 90/10-cloudy/clear, definitely in the final days with her.

IMG_20151027_135348385.jpg

IMG_20151027_135446187.jpg

Next up is the Carpathian Seeds - Auto Sinevir (Somango) 65 days listed time. This lady is tied with Skunk for the shortest of the 4, however that being said she has the fattest buds of all 4 and is looking to produce the most thus far. She also has an excellent sweet smell, which actually leans more towards berry than Chere does. She is only slightly behind Chere in amount of trich's and I strongly believe she will catch up, if not pass the Chere up in this aspect. I really thought she was going to be my first one down based off the pistils/calyxes. Pistils are about 90% died back and calyxes look even more swollen than Chere's, however looking at her with the jewlers loupe she actually only looks about 50/50-cloudy/clear. Sadly I already took the top 3-4" of cola off her and now I'm kicking myself in the ass for it. I did speed dry a nug though and it is fantastic smoke. Great strong head buzz that settles mellowly down into a nice smooth lingering body effect that has great lasting power. The smoke is smooth and sweet on the way down and the exhale leaves nice hints of herb/pine/berry all mixed. My girl says it is her favorite of anything we have turned out yet.

IMG_20151027_134927957.jpg

IMG_20151027_134950364.jpg

IMG_20151027_135048055.jpg

Speed Seeds - Auto Skunk (Lowryder#2 x Skunk#1) 60/70days listed time. Oh where to begin with skunk, she is amazingly small and compact as a a plant. The problem with this is so are the buds, although they look fantasticly potent, they are just small and there is a lot of space between them. Nothing looks to be forming a solid cola yet like the other girls, just looks like a bunch of spaced out bowl sized buds trying to come together as a cola. I'm hoping since she still has plenty of white pistils left and trich's are still 100% clear that she will still fill in a bit. Trich production is great on her, right on par with Sinevir and Chere, however her odor is certainly not anything close to sweet. She smells of a mix of fuel/hash/poop and it is very pungent, I can definitely see her having more of a skunky smell after a good cure.

IMG_20151027_135146131.jpg

IMG_20151027_135155305.jpg

IMG_20151027_135233629.jpg

Thanks Am4zin appreciate the props, these girls are my babies :love:

Last but not least is Carpathian Seeds - Auto Kush (Purple Kush) 70days listed time. Let me just start off by saying even though Kush is 2 weeks behind the other 3 she is standing her own side by side with them. This plant is already developing a nice amount of pink/purple to her calyxes and I have high hopes she will turn out some beautiful purply buds. Looks wise she is hands down my favorite of the 4, and although the led light does accentuate her colors, the pink/purple you see in close up pic is her true colors. Kush has not developed her odor as pungently as the others yet, but what is there smells to be a nice mix of grape/pine. Have super high hopes for this lady.

IMG_20151027_134736051.jpg

IMG_20151027_134748191.jpg

IMG_20151027_134831611.jpg

Anyways guys that's the girls as of today. Please let me know what you think or any comments/questions you may have. Would love to know your thoughts on if the Skunk is going to fill out more or not. Also here is a list of my expected time frames for harvest, let me know if you think anything should be different based off what you can see in pictures.

Auto Chere: 2-3 days
Auto Sinevir: 4-7 days
Auto Skunk: 7-14 days
Auto Kush: Too long

Thanks for stopping by Rifleman, I really would love to take them down today but I think those extra few days will put them to that perfect point. I'm not very experienced with this though so any input is appreciated. Seems like the finale is always the hardest damn part of a grow to get through. I will try posting up some better bud shots so you can get a better look.

Well, you're definately within the harvest window for three of the four and the Purple Kush will take the time she's going to take so just brace yourself and let her do it. You'll be so glad in the end.

What tends to happen with first journals is you attract other new journalists. You become like family and you'll be friends for years from now. If you take the time to visit selective journals and sub in with some interesting comments people follow you home. Create enough excitement and more follow. The best advice I can give you is have as much fun as you can and become friendly on a few other journals. It works.

Before you know it you're as rediculously overextended in grows you subbed to as the rest of us. :laughtwo: The more involved you are the more notice you generate and the more traffic your journal gets. Be forewarned, a popular journal takes more time to maintain. Careful what you ask for. Not everyone has my energy.

I'll try to stay involved, but be assured I will be watching over your shoulder, even if it's quietly lurking. You're looking at jars of deliciousness any day now. Envy man. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for checking things out, I really love the feedback. As far as the kush/haze always going longer I agree with you 100%, two of my strains from my first and second grow were Kush variety's and both took 3 weeks longer than expected. I feel like I can always go past the listed times and they just get better, just make sure to watch my trichs and listen to the plant. I know we grow completely different Atrain, but man looking at yours I'm tempted to give it a go. I really don't think these gals turned out bad for being cheap genetics and my first try with autos and only third attempt all together. All of these seeds were under $5 and that impresses me. My goal was 6-8 zips between all 4 of the girls and I think I will get that no problem.

Sue you seem to be the organic auto master from your journals I was looking through. Would you care to take a look at my organic soil recipe and tell me if there is anything you think I could improve on.

Recipe:
7.5 gallons EWC (started a bin, so these are homegrown goodness)
7.5 gallons Organic Peat
4 gallons shale (dime to quarter size)
4 gallons nutrient free perlite (coarse)
6 cups Azomite rock dust
4 cups Oyster Shell
2 cups garden lime
4 cups Kelp Meal
4 cups Neem seed Meal, soft rock Phosphates, Gardentone, Alfalfa Meal, crab Meal (equal parts)
1 cup blood meal, Bone Meal (equal parts)

Thus far I can not spot a single deficiency. What I have found is that even after 2 grows without being reammended it still managed to give these Autos the tiniest bit of tip burn. I'm hoping this means it is still plenty potent. I found on my previous grow that it did not burn the photo plants at all unless I fed an ACT. Which here is my ACT recipe:

5 gallon bucket full of water
Dress sock with 1/2 cup EWC (this stays in the worm bin when not in use)
1 tablespoon molasses
Pinch of Kelp Meal

Please let me know what you think!

I'm not nearly as schooled in soil-building as my success would suggest. :laughtwo: I use the Clackamas Coot-style LOS recipe, which is a gold standard mix for no-till cultivation, so I continuously amend mine. I purchased a mineral and nutrient Kit to get my success the lazy way.

My best suggestion here would be to post your recipe on the soil discussion thread linked in my signature. The cultivators who peruse those pages are my organic heroes and actually know what they're talking about. They'll be much more qualified to advise you. My real value is as a facilitator. On the surface, your recipe looks really good to me, and it's performing well for you. All good signs.

How long have you grown in organic soil? Have you considered no-till? Less work and they grow stronger every cycle.

@Atrain
I will most definitely be sending you a PM or two if I ever do decide to break out the bottle feed. For now I'm really enjoying the ease of the organic just add water method. Probably not getting the max yields I could be but man does the finished product come out beautiful.

@Sue
I will have to take your advice and pursue it a bit further in a more organic targeted topic. I'm very curious to find out why the ACT always seems to burn the girls when it seems like such a mild recipe.

Thanks again to both of you for all the input and advice. Here are a few more pics of the Chere, I'm seriously considering taking down all of her Colas tomorrow AM before the lights come on. Maybe you can persuade me otherwise?
IMG_20151027_173914902.jpg

IMG_20151027_174043226.jpg

IMG_20151027_174352063.jpg

IMG_20151027_174425540.jpg

IMG_20151027_174432226.jpg

Also while I'm on here I figure I might as well introduce the future generation set to replace these girls.

First up is Norden Seeds - Auto Viking Loke (Defoliated once already)
IMG_20151027_174937902.jpg

IMG_20151027_175027088.jpg

Next is Nirvana - Auto OG Kush (LST'd)
IMG_20151027_174853296.jpg

IMG_20151027_174837935.jpg

3rd we have a combo, Nirvana - Blue Mystic / TGA - Vortex (same pot, both photo period plants)
IMG_20151027_175238485.jpg

Very last and quite pathetic is a clone cut from Nirvana OGK late last night.
IMG_20151027_175107703_HDR.jpg

I know a lot of it seems crazy, but the idea is to experiment and learn the limits of the plant. So far nothing I have done seems to cause any negative response in any of them.

I've read a lot of negative things on Nirvana and especially their auto's. A lot of people with them in grow journals have them never actually go auto for them. I can say mine has shown sex and based off the growth rate of the last couple days is definitely coming into that flowering stretch. Also the Blue Mystic I have from them is looking to be off to a strong start.

I'm thinking of leaving a couple of the lowest buds on the Chere and seeing if I can get them to pop some male flowers for me, and then in turn using that to pollinate a branch of OGK and Loke. The hope would be for two crosses, both feminized and auto. I'm not very keen on my genetics though so I really don't know if this will work.

Back
Top Bottom