Auto Sinevir - Auto Chere - Auto Skunk - Auto Kush

Just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up taking down all but a few of the smallest buds on Sinevir. Was not as thrilled with yield as I could have hoped, but boy is it sticky and beautiful. I also took the very top off the Skunk and the Chere. The Skunk is quite pathetic, not much but leaves to her. Probably won't be buying from Speed Seeds again considering 2 seeds never germinated at all and the Skunk is almost a joke compared to the other two. There is less than $1 difference between the Carpathian Seeds and the Speed Seeds, and every seed from Carpathians germ'd and grew nicely. Sorry no pics yet but it has been a busy day for me, will throw up some pics later on tonight.

Just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up taking down all but a few of the smallest buds on Sinevir. Was not as thrilled with yield as I could have hoped, but boy is it sticky and beautiful. I also took the very top off the Skunk and the Chere. The Skunk is quite pathetic, not much but leaves to her. Probably won't be buying from Speed Seeds again considering 2 seeds never germinated at all and the Skunk is almost a joke compared to the other two. There is less than $1 difference between the Carpathian Seeds and the Speed Seeds, and every seed from Carpathians germ'd and grew nicely. Sorry no pics yet but it has been a busy day for me, will throw up some pics later on tonight.

Which of these do you have the greatest expectations for? Just curious as to which of the group excites you the most? I think it would be interesting to see if reality met those expectations. A little game I play with my own harvests. I don't always choose the winner.

@SweetSue

I was the most pumped for the Chere from the start and still think she is the frostiest of the bunch to this day. I think her and Sinevir will end up producing fairly similar yields, the Sinevir had a few thicker buds but the Chere has more buds all together. My other half was most excited for the Skunk from the start and has been sadly disappointed by the fact she didn't fill in worth a damn. At this point I have become very excited for the Kush as well, she is showing lots of pink/purple color to the calyxes and I really think her buds could go completely purple by the end. She is already showing excellent trichome production and looks like she could have the biggest buds of any of the four girls.

Anyway here is the Auto Sinevir that was harvested today. Keep in mind she already had her main cola taken and there are still about 12 smaller buds left on the plant. I will update with the weight of the harvest pictured as soon as she is dry, and will update with total harvest weight as soon as the last buds come down off her and dry. Sorry for no reference, but those are standard sized coffee filters if that helps. Again I'm not super thrilled with the yield, however the buds do feel insanely heavy/dense for their size and I can't deny they look AMAZING!
IMG_20151028_161731286.jpg

IMG_20151028_162042414.jpg

Here is a pic of the Chere main cola that came down today, sorry for the poor quality.
IMG_20151028_164825589.jpg

Last and most definitely least is the Skunk cola, you can see now why I say pathetic. Her buds just never filled in like the other two girls.
IMG_20151028_165827153.jpg

Just wanted to give a quick update. Harvested about 1/2 of Chere yesterday. She was so crazy sticky, hardest bud I have ever tried to trim. The smell is fantastic, the cola I took a few days ago is only getting stronger berry smell as it dries. Half of Chere ended up yielding about as much as Sinevir did altogether so I was quite off on that aspect. Chere was my favorite from the start and I think I may have called the best one after all. Will update with some pics when I go to cut the rest of her down on Sunday.

Auto Loke has not had much growth since last update, may have trimmed too many leaves at once finally. The Nirvana OGK on the other hand is starting to blow up. Had to LST the main stem again and 2 more side branches to even her out, but now I have a perfect flat canopy with nine nice tops.

Pics again will be coming in Sunday when I have a bit more time. Thanks for stopping by.

Realized I forgot a few of the ladies.

The Vortex and Blue Mystic, same pot, both got topped down to the third node and everything below that removed. I am following nugbuckets mainlining guide on these two. Will be interested to see what happens.

The Carpathians-Auto Kush is chunking out more every day and although she does not have as many branches/tops as the others, I think she is going to have the biggest overall buds. They are getting more purple by the day as well, she is one beautiful girl.

The Auto Skunk is trying to fill in more but I think at this point it is a lost cause. She still has well over 50% white pistols though and could definitely swell some more in the calyxes, so who knows.

Alright guys sorry for the wait, I know I said that I would update on Sunday but work has been crazy for the last few days. Anyway this is going to be a rather large update, so I have decided to break it up into segments. Going to be girl by girl mostly, and we will go by maturity.

First up on the list is going to be the Sinevir. As you know the majority of her was already harvested, but the last bit that was left on the plant was taken today.

Here she is fresh and wet off the plant. Not very impressive size wise, but so FROSTY!

IMG_20151103_145513555.jpg

Here is the majority of her now dry and in the curing jar. I have no idea how it's possible but this weighs out to 26.4g, and I believe will not lose more than another 5g during the cure process. My guess is that the weight must be coming from the shear amount of resin in the buds.

IMG_20151103_144828933.jpg

IMG_20151103_144850083.jpg

If you remember I also took the very top cola off her even further back. That dried and then cured for a bit and then weighed in at 5.6g. Sadly I did not take any pics before we smoked this all. She smokes smooth and clean just like anything else organic. The taste is a mix between hash/sweet. The effects kick in almost upon first exhale and are quickly felt in my eyes. The high/stone makes me very smiley and social for a short time at first but then quickly settles into a very laid back relaxed deep stoned feel that is not too heavy on the body. It almost always makes me want to close my eyes and take a nap as it winds down. High medicinal Value for pain/insomnia IMO

My guess for end total yield on her is 36g, not nearly as bad as I thought she had turned out. Still well in line for my goal of 6-8zips off all four plants. (Sinevir, Chere, Skunk, Kush)

Next up on the agenda is Chere, just like Sinevir she got a small chop a few days back. The rest/majority of her came down today looking so superb I couldn't help but smile the entire time. My girl said she was so frosty it looked like the trichomes were going to start dripping off her. I'm am pleased enough with the yield on her, but only time will tell true weight.

Here she is today taken fresh off the plant and trimmed.

IMG_20151103_150157319.jpg

IMG_20151103_150248681.jpg

And here is the last little bit that was taken off her, almost dry. Will need about 2 more days before going in jar.

IMG_20151103_150705818.jpg

Also just like Sinevir I took the top of her even earlier. It was dried and has been in a jar for a few days now, weighing in at 6.2g. She smells so amazingly much like blueberries I just want to eat the buds. Or maybe just stuff one up each nostril for the day :). The smoke is tangy/berry/fruity and the high is very uplifting. She makes me smile nonstop and want to bullshit about anything, the effect is mostly head with a very mild body sensation. No sleepiness from this one at all, perfect smoke for going out and doing things. The high is also exceptionally long lasting, even though the taste/smell just keeps you coming back for more. She is my favorite of anything harvested so far.

Oh where to start with number 3, little Skunk. She still is not filling in like I had hoped and I believe she is ready for the chop. I tried to work on my picture techniques in hopes that you could get a better look at her. Sadly the weight just isn't going to be there on this girl, even with all the thick resin.

Here is the cola I took off her today, fresh from the plant.

IMG_20151103_145801106.jpg

Here is what's left on the plant, don't mind the hairs in some pictures. I think that she is done but let me know your thought's

IMG_20151103_152607413.jpg

IMG_20151103_152636146.jpg

IMG_20151103_152644480.jpg

IMG_20151103_152701609.jpg

I took the main cola off her the same time as I took the main cola off Chere. It is smokeable at this point however we have not had a taste yet. Maybe tonight will be the night, if I can stay out of the Chere :). I will say she smells very odd and crazy pungent, sorta foulish but not at the same time, hard to describe. Definitely a fuel/diesel type note in there though.

Next up is my favorite of the whole bunch based entirely on looks, Kush. She is so beautiful word's can't even explain so I will let the pics do the talking. Again she doesn't have as many bud sites as say Chere, but what she does have seems to be filling out nicely.

Purple Goodness!

IMG_20151103_152417091.jpg

IMG_20151103_152330174.jpg

IMG_20151103_152336785.jpg

IMG_20151103_152343678.jpg

IMG_20151103_152433416.jpg

What's weird is her smell has actually died down a bit. What is still there is a very light natural/earthy smell with maybe just the slightest hint of grape. So excited for this one to finish up :)

Last but not least we have the babies, coming along nicely. We even have one new addition.

Here is the Nirvana - Auto OG Kush. Showing full female preflowers and aggressively pushing into the flowering phase. Have had to do a bit more LST with her and am considering another trim job of the larger fan's and lower bud sites/branches.

IMG_20151103_152808271.jpg

IMG_20151103_152835836.jpg

Next up is Norden Seeds - Auto Viking Loke. Trailing behind OGK by quite a bit even though she showed preflowers before OGK did. I thought I may have stunted her with too much trimming, but I'm starting to think shes just a small girl. I have been even rougher on OGK and look at her lol.

IMG_20151103_152903419.jpg

IMG_20151103_152921233.jpg

TGA - Vortex and Nirvana - Blue Mystic. Same pot different soil than Auto's, because I was running short on soil and pots, also because I enjoy experimenting. These are both photo period plants, the BM is fem'd and the Vortex is reg. Kinda hoping the Vortex goes male for a breeding project as I decided to forgo the attempt at getting the Auto's to hermie. These girls were topped down to the third node and everything else removed, per nugbuckets guide to mainlining.

IMG_20151103_152954211.jpg

IMG_20151103_153003170.jpg

As promised here is our new edition to the family and very special to me. This baby is a Joey Weed - C99, a friend grew this 4-5 years ago and it was truly the best/most remembered marijuana I ever smoked. He was kind enough to pass his 4 remaining seeds along to me and I decided to pop one right away. This strain will be one that I will be learning to clone because this is one I refuse to give up.

IMG_20151103_153115114.jpg

I figured I'd include a shot of the whole family happily eating up some LED light. You can really get a feel for the size difference of OGK and Loke.

IMG_20151103_153234528.jpg

Well finally tried the Skunk and WOW. Not impressive buds but excellent smoke. Very smooth smoke but not my favorite taste, just like the smell it's hard to describe. The high takes a minute to come on max strength and you can feel it creeping as it does. It hits me equally in the body and head and is very strong on both accounts, fairly long lived as well. All around my favorite effects so far but my least favorite taste/smell. The top cola on the Skunk only ended up drying out to 3.3g :(

I'm thinking I may have to uproot the BM +V and repot them in my good soil mix as I do not like what they are in now. Any suggestions on how to do this with the least impact on the girls?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom