Cajuncelt's Fall Auto Grow

Haha , are you really growing the xtreme , :thanks::thanks:
Iv'e asked beast , Atrain and light addict to grow that if they can , it's supposed to yield more than the ultimate .
I would love to give it a go but have to convert the cellar first .
I hope you have a fantastic next grow .
Be safe .

Sonic im grabbin the xtreme in my next bean order in a few weeks.il grow her out on my next grow just for u.i got ultimate going at the moment so time will tell who yields the most;)

I'm waiting for a smoke report from all these beautiful Dark Devils I've been witnessing.

I'm looking forward to that as well, B A R. We're going to hit a point where a group of us will finish together and smoke reports are going to be a blast. This is one wicked high. :laughtwo:

So, the biggest points to growing autos for me are:

1. Germinate in their final pot.
2. 20/4 lighting throughout entire cycle.
3. I think hydro grows are best for autos personally.
4. Genetics might be the most important issue. There are 3 or 4 good auto breeders, imho & experience so far.
5. Keep veg conditions right up to after the stretch. Then bloom & stop most training.
6. Don't pay for the seeds (lol)

I'll post my personal favs so far...soon.

I like that last point. LOL! You have your way, I have mine. Both ways worked out well for each of us. Takes the major strain out of the equation and makes the grows much more enjoyable. It didn't even faze me the last run when some didn't come up. Sweet.

You get higher yields from hydro, but I would think the ease of a well-planned soil grow and the improved quality, particularly in taste (not from experience here - still very much a novice pot snob) would offset the difference in yield. If you were growing autos in soil as successfully as Atrain does then I'd think soil might become a more attractive option. I know nothing of hydro though, having only glanced at it on my way to LOS.

Thinking about it, you grow for conversion into oil, so the higher yields might be your greatest consideration.

Ok, got the nod for the Auto Grow #3.
It will be:
Durbon Poison, AutoXtreme, Ultimate, Blackberry Kush & Blue AutoMazar

The new photos will be:
Strawberry Sour Diesel, Blue Dream Haze, Kosher Kush, MK Ultra, Harly Tsu (CBD)

My favorite autos so far are:
Narco Therapy, Smoking Gun, Mex Airlines & auto OG Kush

May I ask, what criteria did they meet to be considered as your favorites?

Why yes you may. Lol.
They grew the biggest, had the best roots, tightest node spacing, weren't fussy, accepted training & topping, had the largest/densest buds, quick seed-to-harvest times, ended wars, tamed lions, lived & loved
And they were just groovy lil shits...

Good answer, mom ami. :laughtwo: I was particularly fond of the lived and loved part. LOL!

Taming lions... Pretty good trait, that. :battingeyelashes:

About a week left on the Dominas. Throwing off pretty colors.

IMG_20151118_175524232.jpg

Love you Cajun and all that you have to teach me....still not a fan of autos, altho each has it's place depending on our own private circumstances....a commercial grow with patients does not make a good match in my case.....am getting more and more closer to land based strains of yesteryear....the same overhead, resources, time, and tending does not even hit my break even meter/cost benefit analysis in CO terms that you are now familiar with.....bah humbug for me.....

About a week left on the Dominas. Throwing off pretty colors.

IMG_20151118_175524232.jpg

Well look at her, with her frosty self! Looks like she's throwing her colorful arms wide open for a big hug! LOL! Sweet shot Cajun!

Lovely colors. :love:

Love you Cajun and all that you have to teach me....still not a fan of autos, altho each has it's place depending on our own private circumstances....a commercial grow with patients does not make a good match in my case.....am getting more and more closer to land based strains of yesteryear....the same overhead, resources, time, and tending does not even hit my break even meter/cost benefit analysis in CO terms that you are now familiar with.....bah humbug for me.....

I'm with ya gal. There the latest thing & come in real handy for a quick turn around time, but I gotta give my skills with them a 7 outta 10 at best. I'm just not sold at spending anymore time with them. That said, these latest strains are surprising me. I'm told the potency of most any auto is 18% at best. So, that kinda doesn't work. I'm going to give the Dutch Passion beans a shot when they get here & that'll probably be it for autos. I feel a sense of loyalty to them for getting me decent herb pretty damn quick, so well see.
Commercially, they'd be hard on rotations. You'd have to keep them separate like mom/clone rooms. The light schedule, 20/4, would throw lots off too.

I underestimated these lil shits. I'm not actually sure I have the lights for this if they keep up this pace. I have them their own 3'x3' tent, but they'll outgrow that. I'll stick with 4 autos max next round.
Shawnee, what ya up to nowadays? You better start visiting our journal some too. You're on probation as co-founder.
I am a geek for landraces strains. I remember the real Panama Red, Columbian Gold, Maui Waui, Durbun Poison... I used to go on Strain Hunters watching binges.
IMG_20151118_224404720.jpg

I started growing with two autos in a 1'x2' space, and they filled that space to overflowing. You could have doubled what I got, knowing what you do of training, and I pulled 4.5 oz with no effort at all, within 90 days, if I remember correctly.

You seriously underestimate the potential for autos in a home grow, but then, your heart isn't really all there, is it? Potency may be another ball game altogether. How potent are you striving for when you make your choices Cajun?

Ahhh, the books! I knew there was something I forgot. Let me do that and get to bed already.

'Night Cajun. :hug:

I started growing with two autos in a 1'x2' space, and they filled that space to overflowing. You could have doubled what I got, knowing what you do of training, and I pulled 4.5 oz with no effort at all, within 90 days, if I remember correctly.

You seriously underestimate the potential for autos in a home grow, but then, your heart isn't really all there, is it? Potency may be another ball game altogether. How potent are you striving for when you make your choices Cajun?

Ahhh, the books! I knew there was something I forgot. Let me do that and get to bed already.

'Night Cajun. :hug:

Yes, my heart's in it. I've really put alot into these autos. I'm impressed with the latest strains so far. Huge growth.
I'm looking for 20% THC min for the oil. That's the biggest reason I switched over to organics from synthetic hydro. The potency shot up enough with organics to get my attention.
Playing Devil's advocate, I said I would never use LED lighting a few years ago. That didn't hold up with the new tech out.

Back
Top Bottom