Raisingcain's Carmelo Outdoor Scrog

Good Morning!
Its the first week of August and in Colorado that means its Flowering time!
Been super busy lately so I havent updated my journal for a while but the ladies are coming along nicely. Been watering every other day due to the heat!
My 2 fast 2 vast Autos have been chopped and hung for 6 days and are now in jars. I jarred up a little under 4 oz and suspect theyll prob lose a little more weight while curing but overall Im satisfied. Smoked a little bit while it was still pretty wet and Ive never had more of a creeper hi effect than I did after taking a couple pulls. Cant say much for taste yet cuz it wasnt that great due to the fact it hadnt cured yet but I ll update on that later. I used Docs bud washing technique and it worked very well. Cant wait to try the final cured product!

Scrogged Carmelos have filled 80% of the screen after it had been raised 8 inches and has begun to flower. Pulled 10 clones from underneath the screen and they seem to be doing better than any other cloning attempt I have done so far. No drooping or discoloration so I think I finally got a successful clone run. Some of the tops on the scroggers are shooting way up but I dont hae anywhere to weave them so I think Im just gonna let em go and see what happens! Hard to gauge the exact depth of the canopy when theyre in these big ol containers but oh well. I expect a nice harvest regardless. This strain is a lavender x lavender cross and produce some nice purpley buds, the flowers should be set within 3 weeks just in time for cooler temps so Im anxious to see if that brings the purple out in them. Underneath the screen needs a good defol and I plan on doing that tomorrow. COuld prob pull another dozen clones off but I wont have room to grow them out so I gotta find SOMEONE in my area that would like some freebie clones otherwise theyll just turn into whispy buds cuz they dont get much light. Any takers in the northern Colorado area?? Not for sale just FREE!

My little neglected NL x BB is in a 3.5 gallon container and looks kinda pitifull next to the bigger ladies but thats ok cuz I got a couple clones of her too so maybe Ill raise a better looking plant the second go around.

Strawberry Blue started flowering about 5 days before the others and has caught up in heigth and width.

Incredible Bulk looks pretty sweet! Very bushy and great node spacing cant wait to see her set her flowers. I like to look at plant of the month photos alot and drool. I havent had a plant worthy of an entry yet but I think if Incredible Bulk flowers well I just may have a worthy entry. We shall see.

Holy Grail Kush has monster fan leaves and is branching really inconsistantly but never the less should produce. Havent done much training with her. Kinda looks like a bad haircut. Excited about her flowers though. This strain came highly recommended (no pun intended).

The threebigger girls have outgrown their shelter and need to be pulled out into the sun daily and has turned into quite a chor esp after watering days. I hope this grow is worth all the effort. Having a blast regardless. Heres some pics!

scroggers
IMG_0468_1_2.JPG

IMG_046928.JPG

Little NL x BB
IMG_047029.JPG

Strawberry Blue
IMG_047233.JPG

Incredible Bulk
IMG_047130.JPG

Holy Grail Kush
IMG_047334.JPG

Potted Trio
IMG_047433.JPG

Wow! Looking lush and healthy and ready to fill up in bloom. :bravo:

I wish I was your neighbor. Weed make a SCROG hedge separating the property though.... I like some space...lol

Speaking of space,, you got the spacing between branches that I'm looking for with that first shot,, and they got some distance from the screen.... Like that, I need to get there soon...

Are you done trimming? What's the sun doing in your area?

Look great, moto!

Hey thanks sue ! Gonna need to have a trimming party to handle these ladies!

What's up MMM!
Sounds like a plan ! The house next for to me is for sale so put in an offer and move to CO and we can get the seasonal hedge going lol!
Not done trimming yet the undercarriage needs a major defol quick (tomorrow morning). Everything growing underneath the screen has got to go! It doesn't get any sun under there which will lead to some weak buds, I'd rather the plant focus on the bus development above the screen,
It's been very hot and dry for the last 3 weeks here but thankfully the area my garden is planted gets some shade throughout the day! I'm ready for some cooler temps and I'm sure the plants are too ! Thanks for stopping by guys (and girls) I appreciate the company!

Quick question
Can I supercrop while in early flower?
Holy grail kush is getting out of hand and three of her tops are way too tall, I figured if I'm gonna do it better do it now before there's too much weight on there.

Went outside this morning to give the plants a once over and was delighted to see the progress they've made overnight. Everyone is in full bloom and I really got a feel for just how big some of these buds are gonna get. It seems like a lot of the fan leaves are getting thinner on my strawberry blu e and expressing its sativa genetics .

Anyone have any suggestions on increasing terpine contents? I was checking out a product called terpinator and read nothing but good reviews. I want these plants to express their colors and smell as much as possible.

You're not supposed to supercrop in bloom but...... I actually did that out of frustration with my Cheese Candy and she's rewarding me with copious amounts of frosty buds and the chance for a reveg. So the answer, IMHO, is no and yes. :laughtwo:

How much risk are you willing to take with a species as forgiving as cannabis?

I think I'm gonna take my chances and go ahead and give her a bend or 2 , I'm really just concerned about 2 of her tops, they took off and grew a foot and a half taller than the rest of the plant. Come late September early October we may get another early freeze this year and if I have to squeeze them into their shelter and cover them up to keep em warm I don't wanna hack them up on their way in. Really nervous about the late freezes we get here in Colorado and really wanna make sure these ladies are harvested at perfect time instead of hacking them down early out of fear of freezing like last year. I think I sacrificed a week last year because of the weather and my buds paid the price. Really looking for these plants to reach their FULL potential! Have a great day!

I think, I have read where duggan super crops in flower. I'd have to confirm. But I have continued to do that to a couple of plants and can't see any harm. You also could invite diseases, so that's one thing to keep in mind. Great update back there, Love the video bro,,, those plants you have are awesome!!

Good afternoon its almost Mid September and the ladies are in full bloom. Been a while since Ive updated, thought I would wait til there was a significant change. Its getting crazy and Im anxious to see what final harvest weight is. Def got a lot more than planned for though which is ok with me. All the girls are getting their flowering nutes in addition to their amended soil. Watering 2-3 gallons every other day.
Strawberry Blue is the furthest along according to her trichs, pistils, leaf fade, frostiness and overall size and will prob be chopped first in a couple weeks.
Incredible Bulk is living up to her name and is right behind Strawberry Blue though. She will be the biggest producer for sure.
Holy Grail Kush is a little disappointing so far for me. I plan on growing this plant out again and making some adjustments to her feeding schedule and her training regimen to see what I did wrong. Still will be some decent smoke though, smells great!
And Finally the Caramelo Scroggers. these ladies are the latest to bloom due to their Sativa dominant genetics which is fine with me. Im interested to see if the cooler temps really bring out the Lavender colors. Buds are gonna be long and evenly full instead of short and fat like her relatives on the other side of the garden. Has a very unique Piney smell cant wait to try her out!

Back
Top Bottom