Raisingcain's Carmelo Outdoor Scrog

Yeah I guess most people scrog to maximize yield indoors when height of you plant is an issue, but I thought what the hell if it works indoors it would prob kick ass outside too, i just like to mix it up a bit and have fun growing if it doesn't work out so well for whatever reason then oh well!!!! This is strictly a hobby for me and a fun one at that. Would be nice though after summer to see a screen full of buds ready for the cutting, we shall see!!!

Oh and quick update I can home from work today and the 2fast 2vast autos are starting to flower, her little white hairs are popping up at every node what a difference a few hours makes !!!!! Can't wait to come home from Vegas and see the progress!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend !! WELCOME SUMMER!!!!! I'll update when I return on Tuesday

Nice! Hey, Raisin, did you win the bet last year? Did your neighbor have to help you build the shelter? Glad your journal was on top of journals in progress or I would have missed it.

I topped a CBD OG the other day, going to outside SCROG it,,, although it could be a total waste with the weather I get... See if I can keep up with you,, that plant is about six weeks old.

Who knows what it'll be like when I have to flower...

have a stand for it, have some pvc pipping from a SCROG I had over the winter that I didn't end up using.... Next up setting it up and training it... Thanks for the motivation ;)

Good to hear MassMedMan. I get really excited when I watch one member inspire another in some joyful experiment with cannabis. It opens up opportunities for surprising advancements all the time. This will be fun to watch. :blushsmile:

It's all your fault,,, I'll probably start a thread once I get this finished...

20150621_172446.jpg

SO just got back from Sin City a few hundred richer, not much but free trips are great!!
No new pics yet just came home and was shocked by the growth. Had the mrs give just straight water while I was gone just to keep em cool.
Glad I could start the fire Med Man have fun and enjoy! Nice setup so far.

Def gonna have to raise the screens up a bit so I gotta get that going
Did some pruning underneath the screen and some of the larger fan leaves that were covering potential bud sites.
Gonna LST the 4 that arent under the screen theyre gonna be to tall otherwise.
Im gonna just let the little 2Fast Vast Autos go and see what happens. THeyre quickly starting to flower its kind of exciting.
Pics to come to tomorrow.
I feel much older and more confused since my return from Vegas and need some water, vegetables and multi vitamins

Ok, tomorrow came and went and no photos? :confused:

Congrats on the winnings. :yahoo:

Sorry for the delay. WOrk sux!
Anyway....................
My Autos are flowering nicely, I dont expect alot of yield from them because they stretched so hard but thats ok its my first run at autos and ive learned a bunch. They have the look of over watering only because I just flushed them WELL. Started some molasses therapy along with some Age Old Bloom. The soil mix has alot of goodies in it already so Im not interested in over doing it.

The Scrog is turning into a beast. Filling up great. I have to go out every morning and re direct the tops to fill out the screen evenly. Still need to raise it up a good 6 inches at least but Im waiting for the right time. Been pruning underneath little by little and got some good clones off them. Hopefully they root!

BBxNorthen Lights Ive pretty much left alone in her little container. Not expecting alot from her but it was a free seed so what the hell.

Incredible bulk is looking amazing and is finally bushing out after multiple topping episodes. Cant wait to see her flower OMG!

Holy Grail Kush is right behind IB beginning to branch out alot. Had to give her a little support from the high winds the other day. Her main stem must have taken some damage because she was a little floppy. No worries though shes doing fine.

Strawberry Blue is in the back kickin it sippin on her food, quietly preparing to explode. Im gonna bring her out of the corner a few times a week for the day to give her some more sunshine. I Underestimated the size of these plants and am beginning to get a little over crowded in there. Not a bad problem to have though I guess. Heres some photos as promised!

Screen Shots
2015-06-30_15_56_29.jpg
2015-06-30_15_56_19_HDR.jpg

2015-06-30_15_54_10.jpg
2015-06-30_15_54_03.jpg

2015-06-30_15_52_24_-_Copy.jpg

Incredible Bulk
2015-06-30_15_53_25.jpg

Holy Grail
2015-06-30_15_53_19.jpg

Strawberry Blue
2015-06-30_15_53_31.jpg

NLxBB
2015-06-30_15_53_02_HDR.jpg

Flowering Auots
2015-06-30_15_52_39_-_Copy.jpg
2015-06-30_15_52_46_-_Copy.jpg

Family SHot
2015-06-30_15_53_46.jpg

Very Nice group! I've got a HGK in a flux, and she's a bit sensitive early on. You've got you're hands full and they look great!!

I love autos,, it's like a box of chocolates!!

Good morning!
This is my first scrog and I was curious if anyone has any input on defoliation. I'm slowly defoling under the screen a little at a time but what about above the screen. It's beginning to get a lot of coverage by large fan leaves. Can I trim these off too? I don't intend on trimming everything off except bud sites cuz I feel this would do more harm than good at this point but I'm feeling the urge to clean things up a bit to increase light penetration to the lower chutes in the middle of the plant. Any experienced info would be a huge help.

Good morning 420!
been about 8 days since my last update so I thought i better get one done.
Ive been silently watching alot of grows and I must say Im very impressed. Everyone is doing a great job and planting some inspiration in this twisted cog box head of mine!!

So my 2 auto are about 2.5 weeks into flowering and are starting to smell (my favorite part). I love opening my back door to the sweet smell! Makes my coffee taste better.

The Carmelo Scroggers are EXPLODING! Im letting them grow a few more inches above the screen because on SUnday or Monday I gotta get the screen elevated about another 8 inches or so but DAMN I cant wait to see these ladies flower!

Incredible Bulk and HGK are already about 6 and 7 feet tall and needs some of the tops tied down or theyre gonna get too tall for my shelter. Sucks Im looking around my yard for a place to put her and just let them go to see how big they could get. With 20 gallons of my soil mix and this wonderful foliar spray i whipped up Im sure they would double in size. Oh well no need to get greedy!

Strawberry blue is chillin in the back like a drunk Irishman in the back of a bar doing the best he can to hold back his temper. GO MCGREGOR BTW for you UFC fans!!

Gonna head to the store today and look around for some sort of tarp ( a big one) to throw over my shelter so I can force flower these ladies. Was thinking about framing the outside with OSB sheets but I priced it out and its a little pricey so we will see.

Gonna go snap some photos ill throw em up in a bit!! Have a great week!

I agree, makes the coffee tast better. :laughtwo: Mmmmm coffee, not a bad idea when I'm done here.

The blossoms rising above your screen are incredible! Made my mouth water just looking at them.

Great work. :high-five:

Good Morning!
Its late July and things are gonna start getting fun for my photos. Been doing some work in the garden. I started to force flower outdoors about 2 days ago. I had to get 15 4x8 sheets of OSB to wrap my enclosure at 7pm and then take em off in the morning at 7am. Lots of work but have to protect these ladies from the NEW SECURITY LIGHTS my new neighbor installed. Kinda mad about it but what am I supposed to say? Theyre motion sensor lights so anytime anything moves out front these lights kick on and shine right into my garden. GGRRRRRR oh well.

Anyway,
My autos are getting near harvest and Im excited to try them out when the time is right. They smell amazing, kinda like a piney sweetness. Gonna give em one more light feeding and then start the flush.

Scrogging Carmelos have taken over the screen. Ive been waiting for the right time to raise the screen 6 inches or so and I think the time has come. Gotta give em enough space for the final stretch. Im expecting a lot of green/purple colas with these ladies but I have a feeling theyre gonna finish last being that theyre a Sativa dominant strain.

Strawberry Blue is doing nice and bushing out. Out of all the plants, she started pre flowering first. Maybe she'll finish first.

Incredible Bulk got way to tall for the enclosure so I cracked of few of her tallest branches to the side. Taped em up and gave em some support. She responded nicely by building some knuckles at the breaks and has been showing plenty of new growth. shes gonna be really wide and spread out, should be interesting.

Holy Grail Kush is now the biggest of the potted trio. I think i over fed her a little too much N cuz a few of her leaves had a little claw going on. Gave her a little flush and she will be alright.

Im finding myself outside looking at them alot and catch myself zoning out when im out there kinda weird. I wonder if these plants are gonna start talking to me. WTF would they say if they did.

I was excited to see up you on my thread today because I knew there must be pictures, and here they are!! I love the end runs. Yours have quite a ways to go, but they're looking stinky and sticky, just what you worked so hard to get to. :laughtwo:

Sorry to hear about the neighbor's light. What a pain you didn't need to have to deal with, eh? You sound like you were right on top of it though.

Don't you just love a tall, beefy cola? Yeah, me too. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom