2015-05-23_13_20_12.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_31.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_20.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_27.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_39.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_45.jpg
2015-05-23_13_20_49.jpg
2015-05-23_13_21_09.jpg

I am almost finished with my plant shelter. SPent the evening outside working on it and its almost functioning, will prob have it done by tomorrow. Good thing too because I guess we are supposed to get some hail.
3 of my plants are over watered from being out in these damn storms we have been having.
Usually I drag those big ol containers in the garage when the hard rain comes but I had a sick kiddo and spent the eve with her.

QUESTION......????

How much damage does over watering do ?
Never had this issue before so IM just curious as to what lies ahead?
You can really tell the difference the fabric pots make when it comes to watering and getting oxygen through out the soil.
Two plants that are the same size right next two each other look dramatically different.
The one in the plastic container looks horrible like it needs a hug and a woobie and the one in the fabric pot doesnt look bad at all.
Next year gonna roll with all fabric pots fo sho!!!!

Anyway please dont be shy to offer your 2 cents about my grow. Im in no way an expert and would love any insight, ideas, constructive criticism etc.

Count me in bud,

Your plants look really healthy can't wait to see your finished shelter. I've only skimmed through your journal once I get a spare 15mins I'll have a better look.

Its Saturday May 30th
Love going out first thing in the morning with coffee to check out my ladies basking in the dawn sunlight. Sometimes I get so caught up in the work it takes to grow these plants and get so focused on the outcome that I forget how beautiful these plants are. I have Hydrangeas and roses and forsythias and clematis and all sorts of other flowers but CANNABIS is by for the best looking plant. With that being said I wanted to get some final shots of 3 of these ladies before they get tortured and put under the screen. I almost just want to let them grow out naturally but I cant get caught up in looking at them. Never the less the screen is coming soon. Im gonna start giving them some silica to rubber up their limbs and begin bending them gently down to prepare.

My three little ones are stretching a bit and are gonna need some LST as well. Not impressed with their node spacing but I would imagine they are doing this because of the overcast days with minimal direct sunlight. They all got topped though and all the plants are awaiting their water today.

The massive enclosure is finished with phase 1. All the framing is finished and the clear roofing panels are installed and water sealed providing protection for the girls. Really helps me sleep at night when we get those late night down pours. Next to come is the chain link fencing and a locked gate making this a completely legal outdoor Colorado grow!!

So its been a couple weeks since my last post and thought I would drop a few lines to show progress.
The screens are installed they are 3.5 ft deep and combined they are ten feet long. Made em out of PVC and green garden tape. I supercropped the Carmelos so they would fit underneath nicely. SO there are 3 Carmelos under the screen and I pretty sure thats all their will be room for unless I want to force flower very early (which I dont) I sprouted 3 2fast 2vast autos and theyre coming up nicely. A few of the younger plants are stretching like crazy because the sun isnt fully direct all day because of its position of the sky yet. Around the first week of July the sun is full blast on the south end of my house so Im not worried about it. INcredible bulk is definately showing its sativa traits. Very tall and lanky. Been giving just water for the last 2 waterings but the plants have been given the green flag this week and are beginning to take off really fast. Heres some photos

Looks good. Your plant shelter is inspiring me to do the same. I'll be watching, I just got some Fast and Vast autos and I plan on adding one to my current grow linked in my journal in the next day or two if you want to compare down the road. I'm gonna go get the seed ready right now actually. The Internet is seriously lacking in completed journals for that strain so I wish you luck, between the two of us there will finally be info out there when it is over.

Yeah haven't heard too much about them so I'm anxious to see how it's goes, really looking forward to smoking!
This structure I built really takes the worry out of growing outdoors, if it hails or rains really hard (which it's been doing frequently where I live) I could care less, I used to be really stressed out by it thinking I would go outside to destroyed crop.
Definitely journal ur fast and vast id love a comparison.

Looking groovy! To answer a couple of your questions, I don't think it's too late to clone if they root quick, clone away!

About overwatering, yeah it can turn into a problem, Cannabis likes to dry out before it gets watered for maximum growth and optimum nutrient metabolism. It can also lead to things like mold and even soil infestation.

As you have this screen, you can trim the lower branches off anyway and use those for clones, since they won't get as much light later and will just turn into popcorn. The plants are going to stretch a lot, so as long as you keep training in order to fill in the screen it should be ok, you could also think about raising the screen up another 6-10 inches. Just a few thoughts.

Keep 'em green. :thumb:

Oh yeah and forgot to add, little enigma was showing male preflowers so he got chopped out. Def don't want this to. Turn into a herm show

Yeah, I just did my first group of regular seeds and ended up with two males. Not a good feeling. When I placed the seed order it was all feminized. No more wasted time and effort for this girl.

I really like the enclosure. I don't believe the roof panels will effect you too much because it appears your plants get lots of direct sunlight. You are doing a bang up job. More people should be following this grow. Let me see what I can do.

"screen shots"
2015-06-16_09_40_36.jpg
2015-06-16_09_40_11.jpg
2015-06-16_09_39_28.jpg
2015-06-16_09_40_18.jpg

2015-06-16_09_39_51.jpg

Incredible Bulk
Strawberry Blue
Holy Grail Kush
2fast 2vast Auto
NL x BB
2015-06-16_09_40_56.jpg

Family shot
2015-06-16_09_41_29_HDR.jpg

Giddy up, great set up. I'll watch,, might inspire me to do an outside SCROG!!

Love scroggin!!

Looking groovy! To answer a couple of your questions, I don't think it's too late to clone if they root quick, clone away!

About overwatering, yeah it can turn into a problem, Cannabis likes to dry out before it gets watered for maximum growth and optimum nutrient metabolism. It can also lead to things like mold and even soil infestation.

As you have this screen, you can trim the lower branches off anyway and use those for clones, since they won't get as much light later and will just turn into popcorn. The plants are going to stretch a lot, so as long as you keep training in order to fill in the screen it should be ok, you could also think about raising the screen up another 6-10 inches. Just a few thoughts.

Keep 'em green. :thumb:

Thanks for stopping by Lester always a pleasure!
IM gonna pull some clones next week and try my hand at playing god lol! I really took care in selecting which strains to grow this year and got a nice variety between Sativa, Hybrids and Indicas and would like to continue to grow these strains throughout fall and winter indoors.
I was thinking the same thing about raising the screen 2 days after installing it. It really makes it evident of how fast these plants grow and I think I undershot the height. Nice thing about pvc is you can manipulate it any way you want with ease!

Yeah, I just did my first group of regular seeds and ended up with two males. Not a good feeling. When I placed the seed order it was all feminized. No more wasted time and effort for this girl.

I really like the enclosure. I don't believe the roof panels will effect you too much because it appears your plants get lots of direct sunlight. You are doing a bang up job. More people should be following this grow. Let me see what I can do.

Yeah always feels bad to chop a beautiful plant but really didnt wanna take the chance.
Im gonna finish the enclosure next week when I return from Vegas. Still needs chainlink siding and a door. World Series of Poker is going on right now so wish me luck! Thanks for popping in Sue its nice to have company. I enjoy writing about my grows for future reference for educational purposes and hopefully I make mistakes that others can learn from. Ive learned everything I know about growing from this site and hopefully our journals can inspire and educate future growers moving forward. Ive met a lot of people in my community that have severe ailments and are eagerly awaiting my harvest so they can switch to Cannabis for pain management and shake off the shitty prescription drugs which destroy more than help. Including my Father in Law who is fighting cancer and has found that Cannabis is the only thing that helps with his severe nausea from Kemo treatments. Itll be great to give my friends my friends and family fat ziplock bags full of medicinal goodness!!!!

Thanks Med Man yeah scroggin def changes things up a bit tons of fun and well worth the effort!

You got a great set up, too. .I use that SCROG plastic stuff,, the tape all over my garden... I'll be scouting a location for something like that on my property tonight. I have a cbd og started in a five gallon smart pot, then stuffed into a 7 gallon that's almost filled... lots of soil in there and I think I'll let it go outside,, might be a perfect candidate but I'm not sure,, have a deep cheese that has great branch structure for a SCROG.... got me thinking. I never really thought about an outside SCROG... ;)

Back
Top Bottom