2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies - XXX Bubba & MadMan OG - Roots Organic

Re: 2nd Grow Girl Scout Cookies, XXX Bubba, and MadMan OG - Roots Organic

Good plan my friend! Good plan. You can do either or. I'd personally transplant and then top. But it wouldn't make a huge difference if you did it the other way around.

Your plants look great!

Just be careful with roots though, the soil is usually filled with fungus gnats and they're a pain to get rid of. I had a couple but lucky for me, the little bastards just disappeared haha..

Anyways.. subbed :) Mine checking out my journal?

Thanks for subbing! Definitely noted I heard that from somewhere else as well. Not too worried just yet. Its about to be fall so the air is pretty damn dry here in LA. the rH is definitely going to be low enough to minimize risk of any unwanted pests or molds. I will definitely get subbed to yours as well.

Good plan my friend! Good plan. You can do either or. I'd personally transplant and then top. But it wouldn't make a huge difference if you did it the other way around.

Should I wait til the roots establish itself in the new pots. Or can I do it as soon as they are in?

Just transplanted and set up my grow tent . Hate my current light set up right now but it will do until I get some 2ft t5 fixtures and grab a couple inline fans. They are currently growing with 4x23w 6500k CFL's and 2x23w 2700k CFL's.

Oh, one of the plants soil crumbled in my hands during transplant due to not being wet enough. Will this have any huge effect?

20141007_215913.jpg

Just do it now. That way the tops get big before flipping to flower :)

You did perfect my friend! great job! +reps!

You did perfect my friend! great job! +reps!

Niceee.. Do you normally use scissors? I just use my fingers to bend the growth. Considering on ScrOG'ing them when they get tall enough. GSC seems to grow pretty slow compared to the OG's maybe its the ratio of Sativa and Indica? IDK any idea?

If its OG kush or something of the kush sort it's an indica. And yes, scissors are recommended to get that clean cut.

If its OG kush or something of the kush sort it's an indica. And yes, scissors are recommended to get that clean cut.
2 of them are certified OG's which are the plants which are thriving like crazy and stretching a bit which from my understanding is normal with OG. The other is Bubba which they say MAY have OG in its genetics somewhere down the line. GSC is OG and Cherry Pie ( GDPxDurban Poison).

Day 11:

Day after transplant. Couldn't be happier with their condition after transplant. Man, its nice to already see preflowers rather than vegging til flower to find out. Sorry about the blurriness on some pics its hard to tell if its focused when your in a well lit grow tent lol I'll get some focused one in a bit.

20141008_200908.jpg
20141008_200913.jpg
20141008_200923.jpg
20141008_200931.jpg
20141008_200947.jpg
20141008_200957.jpg
20141008_201054.jpg
20141008_201119.jpg
20141008_201229.jpg
20141008_201245.jpg
20141008_201252.jpg

Those aren't preflowers :) that's they way she tells you she's female. They do that in veg also when they are reaching maturity.

Those aren't preflowers :) that's they way she tells you she's female. They do that in veg also when they are reaching maturity.

I see, never seen them before so early but I did hear that clones do this when they were clipped of a mature plant.

I got a question. When should I lollipop and which nodes would you cut off?

Don't lollipop yet. Let all of those newly forming tops rise to the top, then when those are all tops you lollipop the bottom stuff you dont want to keep. You don't want to lose those tops :)

Man if they keep going at this rate, I am going to have to flower earlier than I expected. Maybe about 3-4 weeks. My last grow I under estimated the stretch in flower then ended up buying this grow tent for like 60 bucks. My grow tent is 5 feet high so. Maybe when they are 1 foot in a half? does this sound right? I plan on using t5's so I probably going to need good amount of space.

a foot or 2 will be good, but remember since you topped them they are going to be bushes, not trees :)

Day 14:

OG's definitely stretching like crazy must be in the genetics. I read somewhere that OG's do stretch. The Bubba and GSC look like they are going to be some very bushy plants. I also noticed, the two OG's start to wilt maybe an hour or two before lights out. So I have a few questions, from my understanding, Roots Organic will be good for about a month or so, when should I start feeding nutes? Do I wait til I start to see a slight deficiency?

I plan on getting a ScrOG net, when should I set that up? and do I just lollipop when I do so?

XXX Bubba:
20141010_2339221.jpg

MadMan OG #2:
20141010_2339151.jpg

MadMan OG #1:
20141010_2339081.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies:
20141010_2338101.jpg
20141010_2338051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom