Otterfarm Flooded! NextLight Mega Responsible!

Highya SO, Emmie, guys,

Love the picture of the barrel on wheels! Such a great design! I don't envy mixing all that dirt, lol! I just set my little girls in the coldframe a couple days ago, and they're looking great.
I used to use a cement mixer to mix up sheep feed. Worked great! Was fun. Sheep loved the mix! It was around $250 then, so probably $300 by now. Happy Smokin'

Hello Stone and all, :passitleft: Hope you and yours are healthy and happy. Its been very windy here for the past week or so but the greenhouses are doing their job. I dug new holes and used new soil for the past two years. Makes sense to reuse it. I got one of these electrical contraptions, it'll probably mix about 1/3 to 1/2 a drum at a time. I've thought about composting but it's so dry here and all my yard waste is mostly weeds. Can you compost dry grassy weeds in this type of climate? Stay safe and stay stoned
That's a sweet machine! We're good here Fredwak. I wish the same on you and yours! As far as I can see composting needs water to work so you'd have to keep it wetish. Nice desert view.

And I use a slightly different mix, made popular by SubCool, and you can get his recipes, both old and new versions and in various quantities, just by searching online for his name. Both are what is known as "supersoils."
Funny thing Em. We talked about soils back when and I chose the revs, it was mostly because there was all the other information in it along with the recipe's. I have no idea if it's any better or worse than any other recipe. I needed a hard copy in my hands to learn the whole concept I think. I see lots of grows with different recipes doing great.

Funny thing Em. We talked about soils back when and I chose the revs, it was mostly because there was all the other information in it along with the recipe's. I have no idea if it's any better or worse than any other recipe. I needed a hard copy in my hands to learn the whole concept I think. I see lots of grows with different recipes doing great.
There are lots of good soils out there and when i did my research it seemed that clackamas and subcool led the pack, and depending on if you were near the ocean or not seemed to be the deciding factor. I just bought all my stuff instead of trying to scrounge it up locally and went with Subcool mainly because of all the controversy that surrounded him... it really had nothing to do with one soil over another at that point in my learning curve, I just admired the guy. :)

There are lots of good soils out there and when i did my research it seemed that clackamas and subcool led the pack, and depending on if you were near the ocean or not seemed to be the deciding factor. I just bought all my stuff instead of trying to scrounge it up locally and went with Subcool mainly because of all the controversy that surrounded him... it really had nothing to do with one soil over another at that point in my learning curve, I just admired the guy. :)
I must be coming on 2 years in the LOS. I'm finding the more I learn, the less I know. I'm glad I made the move to it. So far so good.

Thanks for the soil tips! :thumb:

I shall do some research based on this, see what ingredients I can get my hands on. It's not a big hurry, more of a long term project - after all, I've only just gotten the first few plants done, so baby steps still.

I wish this Recycling soil recipe was readable - but hey, just getting started on the research will likely yield more of that stuff.

Highya SO,

I think the pic is fine! Interesting reading, The Rev. I have found my solution to nutes, though. I don't need more than what I have. Still, very interesting! I've been wanting to try some alfalfa cubes (ground) in the compost tea process! So good for plants, especially vegging. However, I'm very happy with last year's grow. Fun stuff!! Happy Smokin'

Hello
As this Grow is done I have some new seeds germinated and in solos. Godfather OG will be our next tenters in the Mars 3 x 3. It'll be a scrog situation. I wish you all to come and check it out and get a feel for them. The good folks at @Weedseedsexpress has given me the seeds as a gift so I can show off their wares.
I can't wait! 30 to 35% thc is the goal!

I must be coming on 2 years in the LOS. I'm finding the more I learn, the less I know. I'm glad I made the move to it. So far so good.
I feel the same way with coco lol

Highya SO,

I think the pic is fine! Interesting reading, The Rev. I have found my solution to nutes, though. I don't need more than what I have. Still, very interesting! I've been wanting to try some alfalfa cubes (ground) in the compost tea process! So good for plants, especially vegging. However, I'm very happy with last year's grow. Fun stuff!! Happy Smokin'
Hey there @Bode,
I know this is just a bit "off topic" but, what breed of dog is your avatar? Absolutely beautiful animal. I love dogs so much.

Sometimes they can be better than people... :smokin:

Yes, she is an Akita. The avatar pic isn't her, but she's still as beautiful! Thanks for your interest! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Hope you're doing well. Just starting to drop some beans for summer grow! A tad early, just like to make sure!! Happy Vapin'

Actually, I'm doing that tomorrow. The reason I don't journal is I haven't any way to get pictures from here to there. Sorry, but technology has gone by me! So I just follow along here and there. So, have a nice weekend, ITS, and Happy Vapin' - SO

Back
Top Bottom