Neiko's High Brix Garden Powered By NextLight

Hey Neiko I got my Next Light Mega hung. With the Mars bar combo I have every square inch of my 5x5 getting blasted. These plants were on day 20 already, and I was having to rotate them under the 1000 watt HPS bulb. Not gonna have to do that anymore. How far do you keep the light off your canopy? At about 14 inches now.

I run mine 2 feet above the canopy, with a comparable setup, and I don't get larf until 4 feet from the lights. I was surprised when I first started using them. I'm at about 40 watts/sqft.

So you’re telling me I should probably go for a 4x4 instead of a 5x5? 5x5 means only 25w/sqft. I’d have to get 2, and eventually 2 more of those mars hydro sp-150s. With the AC Im looking at power troubles like that, so I’ll stick with the 4x4. Good to know. Thanks Greytail

So you’re telling me I should probably go for a 4x4 instead of a 5x5? 5x5 means only 25w/sqft. I’d have to get 2, and eventually 2 more of those mars hydro sp-150s. With the AC Im looking at power troubles like that, so I’ll stick with the 4x4. Good to know. Thanks Greytail

I think my 40W/sqft is too high. I'd recommend 35W max for the white diodes. But yeah, 25W is a bit low. I get a deeper canopy with the high intensity, but the tops don't like it very much, and the plants will fade badly if they need anything - the light drives them so hard.

You might still consider the 5x5 for the extra space to work with - snug them to the center ...

Duggan had me set my lights as far up as I can get them. I Love having them that way., Its So much easier tending to the plants that way. I didn't really have a lot of larf. Some popcorn buds but even they were big enough for good bag appeal. I have 3 , 350watt Budget Led lights in my 5x5 so 1050watts total. I pulled almost 2 pounds from 4 plants so I think the lights are doing a good job at the top of my tent.

Hey Neiko I got my Next Light Mega hung. With the Mars bar combo I have every square inch of my 5x5 getting blasted. These plants were on day 20 already, and I was having to rotate them under the 1000 watt HPS bulb. Not gonna have to do that anymore. How far do you keep the light off your canopy? At about 14 inches now.
Hay Kitchenhawk What does BCB stand for ? I got some seeds with BCB marked on them. Also a Big Thanks. I am looking forward to running those. I will have a couple grows before those but I will run them soon. Congrats on that new light, You should have plenty of light with your set up
:high-five:

That is blackcherrybop, blackcherry punch x boptang.
Dam I need to run those even sooner. I would Love some Cherry terps and I have heard good things about Black Cheery Punch, and crossed with Boptang should be GREAT. I am honored to have some of those seeds :high-five:

Dam I need to run those even sooner. I would Love some Cherry terps and I have heard good things about Black Cheery Punch, and crossed with Boptang should be GREAT. I am honored to have some of those seeds :high-five:
Hope you enjoy them. They are feminized and lot's of good cherry terps to be found. They are some heavy feeders late in flower just a heads up. Be sure to tag me if you grow any in a journal so that I can check them out. :high-five:

Hope you enjoy them. They are feminized and lot's of good cherry terps to be found. They are some heavy feeders late in flower just a heads up. Be sure to tag me if you grow any in a journal so that I can check them out. :high-five:
That makes it a for sure grow. I am not experienced enough to determine sex so Fem seeds work Perfect is the Boptang also Fems

Duggan had me set my lights as far up as I can get them. I Love having them that way., Its So much easier tending to the plants that way. I didn't really have a lot of larf. Some popcorn buds but even they were big enough for good bag appeal. I have 3 , 350watt Budget Led lights in my 5x5 so 1050watts total. I pulled almost 2 pounds from 4 plants so I think the lights are doing a good job at the top of my tent.

I run my mega the same, right to the ceiling and it stays there. it ends up averaging 12-30” over the canopy at the end of flowering depending on the strain, as I run many at once. If you trim like Doc suggests on flip day, so you can look down and see dirt, and leave 5-6 nodes, cut everything below this, there is no larf. Just easy to trim, top shelf cannabis buds.

I run my mega the same, right to the ceiling and it stays there. it ends up averaging 12-30” over the canopy at the end of flowering depending on the strain, as I run many at once. If you trim like Doc suggests on flip day, so you can look down and see dirt, and leave 5-6 nodes, cut everything below this, there is no larf. Just easy to trim, top shelf cannabis buds.
Sounds easy enough. I have it raised to the ceiling now and they are around the 12-15inches depending on plant.

It was your cut of GDPupil that @neikodog and @TheGreenYeti had. Have to agree is was okay but not an keeper by far.

That Trop Cookies is looking nice, but so are the rest. Still a ways to go and waiting to see how they develop.

I enjoyed growing the GDPupil. She vegged faster than Star Pupil and grew into a nice bush. SHe never anchored well in the soil though. The cut I got from you was kind of wobbly after a while. It was fine when i got it from you but after transplant she was kind of loos in the soil and needed support. Almost like her main roots just did not grab hold. The cut I took adn ran did the same thing. No other strain has done that to me.

That's interesting. For instance, I've run BCP probably 10 times now and find longer veg times really make a big difference in the plant's yield and overall health heading into late flower. This last run though, I had 2 really, REALLY nice, big ones I was getting ready to flip when one of them cracked really badly right at the surface. I propped it up, hit it with some distress but it couldn't be saved. It's sister did almost the same thing, but I was on alert and when it got a little wobbly, I was able to get supports on it and not only did it survive, the base stalk actually got thicker and looks like it has been super-cropped. It's got 2-3 weeks left so I'll try to get a pic of its stalk. I just found it interesting as I had not had that happen to me before. I lost a fantastic specimen. I don't know what made them do that, but I'll be more attentive going forward.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom