Emmie's Mars Hydro SP-3000 Bloom Room Test vs NextLight MEGA

I am starting to see a difference between the lighting systems now. By measurement, measuring LUX at the same distance from the lights, the Mars light does appear to be a little brighter, but as we will see in the comparison photographs, that brighter band of light is more narrowly focused. The brighter Martian light allows us to back the light off a bit more than the plants under the MEGA are getting so as to widen out the footprint to the full 2'x5' but at the margins of this area we see the light intensity fall off a bit. This is not happening under the MEGA, as it produces a very even light in its 5'x5' footprint.

As a result, and proven here by photographs, the plants under the MEGA are becoming consistently wider than the Mars lit plants. Across 3 different varieties this can be seen, with an average of 2-3 less prominent buds on the Mars plants as compared to their wider lit sisters.

I am not seeing much difference between the buds when compared across lights. They all seem to be about at the same place in development, but maybe the spectrum of the Mars light is winning out here, as there does seem to be a slight advantage on the Mars side as the buds seem to be slightly tighter, and judging by the yellowing of the leaves (I still haven't fully figured out the problems here) the Martian plants appear to be hungrier although the room is using about the same amount of water all around.

We will keep watching for differences as we get closer and closer to harvest.
In the following pictures, the plant on the left has been under the Mars light, and the two plants (3 in the case of Deep Cheese) to the right have been living under the MEGA.

NYC Diesel

DSCF8972.JPG

Strawberry Cough

DSCF8973.JPG

Deep Cheese

DSCF8974.JPG

Hello Emmie
We are holding a contest, do you have any interest? :love:

Mars Hydro Growing Journal Contest 2021: Win SP6500 LED!

Yes, but I was wondering if the growing world could handle yet another grow journal from this very busy desk of mine. I guess the requirement of one update a week is not very difficult, but I am afraid that your contest will be stolen by one of those who take advantage of keeping daily perpetual journals going so as to keep a large number of supporters active and ready to vote for them in anything they enter or get nominated to. I am willing to bet that I could predict who the winner will be as soon as I see who is running, just based on their current "popularity." We will see, but I really think that in the future, a random drawing would be more fair. Thank you for running the contest however, and just in the spirit of having fun and with no expectation of even coming close to winning, I will join in too. :peace::love:

Yes, but I was wondering if the growing world could handle yet another grow journal from this very busy desk of mine. I guess the requirement of one update a week is not very difficult, but I am afraid that your contest will be stolen by one of those who take advantage of keeping daily perpetual journals going so as to keep a large number of supporters active and ready to vote for them in anything they enter or get nominated to. I am willing to bet that I could predict who the winner will be as soon as I see who is running, just based on their current "popularity." We will see, but I really think that in the future, a random drawing would be more fair. Thank you for running the contest however, and just in the spirit of having fun and with no expectation of even coming close to winning, I will join in too. :peace::love:
Awe, you're always a winner in my book Em :hug:

Thank you for the offer, because this is a contest, so we need to choose the winner based on the number of views, not random.
Each time, we will choose different ways to choose the winner according to the different nature of the event.
You have to believe that you can win. :p

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom