Emmie's Mars Hydro SP-3000 Bloom Room Test vs NextLight MEGA

DSCF8712.JPG

I can see more trichome development on the Mars plant with my naked eye.
this cola is going to look so icy. she looks great! Emilya, have you ever twisted the branch so you hear cracking sound before sending her to flower? also, I am not talking about breaking the branch.

i'm not sure of the exact theory, but it sends additional "sugar" or in lack of words "power" to that branch which result into bigger colas. i did that to couple of the branches of my mystery girls. The branch has a small brownish bruise spot but it's fully healed and its stronger. I tried doing it again but since it was so strong i couldn't twist it. it felt like it would break this time. lol

do it before going into flower. when you are twisting it with your four fingers, listen closely! you hear cracking sound and it feels like its broken but the branch will stand up. i did mine in the middle of few branches as a test run.

I ran Mars (purple) when I started ..curious to hear your opinion of their new lights To be sure
All I got was tall , Larfly plants with maybe 200 g Max main colas ..Likely my inexperience .
I defy . prefer short , sturdy, sticky thick girls haha
Congrats :)
:popcorn:
i've got the sp3000 and the ts1000 running and those colas are getting ticker everyday. My tent came with the mars purple color lights. lol, it was the first thing i upgraded

No, have never tried that... what is the theory?
I did it on my FFT#10 that is drying now. looks wicked as it grows out as a scar too.
20201007_182503.jpg
20201007_182442.jpg
20201007_182423.jpg

Also did a 5 day drought stress on the other 2 to see if noticable but these new sp3000 have also added to production so hard to tell what's from what. lol
Am sure em will guide us here compared.

Attachments

• 20201007_104717.jpg
    20201007_104717.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 46
I did it on my FFT#10 that is drying now. looks wicked as it grows out as a scar too.
20201007_182503.jpg
20201007_182442.jpg
20201007_182423.jpg

Also did a 5 day drought stress on the other 2 to see if noticable but these new sp3000 have also added to production so hard to tell what's from what. lol
Am sure em will guide us here compared.
That's scarface for you :rofl:

There is no longer any question which side of the room is getting the best light. I am going to compare two plants under the Nextlight Mega with the one under the MarsHydro SP-3000

First, under the NextLIght:

DSCF8729.JPG
DSCF8728.JPG
DSCF8727.JPG

Then, under the SP-3000:

DSCF8731.JPG
DSCF8730.JPG

There is already a noticeable difference between the amount of trichomes being produced with a lot more and a thicker cover of trichomes on the Mars side.

The NextLIght is clearly being misused in my bloom room. While it is large and puts out an impressive total amount of light, its PAR is no different than any other LED light, and its performance starts to fall down when you get 24 inches or more away from it. In this room right now, even sitting on milk crates, some of the plants, especially deep down on the plant, are not getting the amount of light I would like. The mega will perform much better when I finally present it with an even canopy, and can get it lowered into its best range at around 18". The SP-3000 is blowing it away, having what appears to be better penetration and with the ability to lower it right down where needed, a lot better PAR than we were getting under the big light.

one word came to my mind when I saw that... gnarly! That is amazing and definitely on my must try list. Thank you for sharing!
from you that is a major boost Emilya. smiled on by a Goddess if the green. Main idea was to mush the stem a little instead of a straight bend amd to shorten it for control. 8 am stoked it worked so well. Thanks for the positives Emilya.

There is no longer any question which side of the room is getting the best light. I am going to compare two plants under the Nextlight Mega with the one under the MarsHydro SP-3000

First, under the NextLIght:

DSCF8729.JPG
DSCF8728.JPG
DSCF8727.JPG

Then, under the SP-3000:

DSCF8731.JPG
DSCF8730.JPG

There is already a noticeable difference between the amount of trichomes being produced with a lot more and a thicker cover of trichomes on the Mars side.

The NextLIght is clearly being misused in my bloom room. While it is large and puts out an impressive total amount of light, its PAR is no different than any other LED light, and its performance starts to fall down when you get 24 inches or more away from it. In this room right now, even sitting on milk crates, some of the plants, especially deep down on the plant, are not getting the amount of light I would like. The mega will perform much better when I finally present it with an even canopy, and can get it lowered into its best range at around 18". The SP-3000 is blowing it away, having what appears to be better penetration and with the ability to lower it right down where needed, a lot better PAR than we were getting under the big light.
they do penetrate really well and even the lowers get so frosty. I am noticing a way more icky sticky to the drying girl too. Looking great Emilya. It performed in both cycles so well for me. I am going to try seedlings on my auto run starting next. I did the ones now from the off with it at 25% and they flew in veg.

what 's your coverage em ?

been reading through and it seems you have fewer plants under the mars at a closer distance and less coverage, and more plants under the nextlight, with larger coverage.

don't get me wrong, just didn't read like an apples to apples comparison.

so far what i'm getting is the mars is fantastic under fewer plants, within it's foot print. the mars is a rail type, as opposed to a board, the fall off at the edges from the rail is going to to be steeper, but it's intensity directly under should be higher. kind of looks to be what i'm seeing here.

how is the bloom room coming along Emmie!

Back
Top Bottom