Mars Hydro SP 3000 Grow

PGA Caddie

I'm going to start this journal by sending out a big :thanks: to Mars Hydro and @SmokeSara for the light I won in their contest. This grow will focus on showcasing their light and as a novice grower I hope to do it justice.

The light showed up well packaged and arrived in great condition
SP3000 in box.jpg
SP3000 1.jpg
SP3000 2.jpg

I've been using the SP 3000 in my 2x4 tent vegging some clones while waiting for some spots to open up in the flower room. They responded well to the light and will require a good haircut if my scrog net will have a chance to contain them.
CD-1 Veg.jpg

I decide to cut clones from these plants CD-1 for the showcase grow. It will be my third run with this strain.
Clones in dome.jpg
Clone 1.jpg
Clone.jpg

This grow has been underway for a week or so. Clones are in their forever homes. Light is @ 50% and we are starting to see some good growth.
dutch bucket 1.jpg
dutch bucket 2.jpg
dutch bucket 3.jpg
dutch bucket setup.jpg

I'll be posting updates on a weekly basis. Feel free to chime in anytime. The more the merrier.

Caddie

Quick update.

Looks like the roots have found the res. The plants have greened up and are growing at a rapid pace. I lowered the light a bit and still have it @ 50%. I'm going to build my scrog net this weekend. I expect i'll be needing it soon.
CD-1 Bucket 1 832020.jpg
CD-1 Bucket 2 832020.jpg
CD-1 Bucket 3 832020.jpg

Here's a quick explanation of my dutch bucket set up. In the tent you have the three dutch/bato buckets. Their basically a hempy bucket with a built in res. It holds about 2 inches of water before it starts draining into the 1 1/2 inch pvc it rests on. 12g res with 2 air stones and one submersible pump. The pump is on a timer and runs 2 times per day for 30 min. There is a water line running from the submersible pump that branches off to each bucket with an adjustable valve. Its important to have adjustable valves or the first bucket will get way more water than the third bucket. Its a closed loop system and easy to maintain ph and ec.
CD-1 Group Shot 832020.jpg

CD-1 Res Shot 832020.jpg

That all for today kids. Once the scrog net is built and installed I will post a couple pics.

Caddie

Three day weekend for me. :yahoo: Golf tournament in the morning and Sunday I plan on finishing season 3 of Ozark. Ozark.....its like I'm watching my life story...:laughtwo:

Worked in the grow room today and thought I would drop a couple pics. Cut down a scrog frame used in a previous grow so it would fit in my 2x4 tent. Restrung the twine, added some hangers and wala...we're scroggin'
CD-1 Group Shot 872020.jpg
CD-1 Group Shot2 872020.jpg

Its not going to take long to fill up the net. Now that the main is bent over the lowers should take off. Tuck and weave is the plan.

The Candida CD-1 is a very light feeder. Had the res @ 450ppm for about a week and noticed a bit of tip burn. I removed a couple gallons and replaced it with plain water. That got me down to 400ppm and all my new growth is looking good. Stay the course...

I read on the Mars Hydro thread that @SmokeSara has not been feeling very well. If your reading this I hope you get well soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Caddie

The SP 3000 has created the perfect lighting for rapid growth and healthy plants. Kudos to Mars Hydro for building another excellent product. I own 6 Mars lights and have been very happy with all of them.

12/12 started a few days ago. Should have no problem filling up the net during stretch. In a couple weeks the res will be changed to bloom nutes. All is good in the universe.
Mars Grow 8172020.jpg

My partner and I shot 11 under in our tournament a couple weekends ago. We won by two. Striking the ball well and putts falling doesn't coincide very often so you got to enjoy it when you can. Needless to say we hung out and celebrated a little to long and I felt like dog crap the next day. Well worth it though...

Caddie

I read on the Mars Hydro thread that @SmokeSara has not been feeling very well. If your reading this I hope you get well soon.
Thank you for your concern. I have recovered.:green_heart:

Hey there Caddie... Nice looking setup! I'm in the process of setting up a 5 dutch bucket system in a 4 x 4 tent. Just put the grommets in the buckets and glued together the return line tonight. I'll be starting my journal soon. This will be my first grow so I pan to follow yours to learn as much as possible.

Attachments

• 20200822_223835.jpg
    20200822_223835.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Looks like your well on your way @stardawg17 Make sure to line your buckets with mesh paint strainer bags. You can find them at any hardware store or online. Helps keep your drains from clogging. If you have any question feel free to ask. I learned all about dutch buckets from this thread. Project 21 - Dream Grow - A Complete Guide To Hydroponic Growing
thanks Caddie!

I actually picked up the paint strainers yesterday and I stayed up all night last night reading project 21 :)

Even with the mesh bags I still had roots grow through them and clog up one drain. The bags contain your perlite or hydroton well but those roots can grow right through them. That's why I like my buckets. You can lift them up off the drain line and check from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom