Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 60 Flower​

Hey guys. Very late update for Day 60 from me today.

The readings this morning:

PPM : 400
PH : 6.1

The PPM dropped and the PH adjusted itself. Lovely. I topped up to bring the system PPM up to 470, and left it there for the day. I checked after lights out and the system read:

PPM : 410

They munched through the top up too. Same again tomorrow, i'll top up as necessary.

Audrey :love:

Xena :love:

I didn't get a chance to check the trichomes today either, so i'll do this tomorrow

:peace:

Hello @eggzin :welcome: and thank you for the compliment. Glad to hear you're getting back up and running. I also took a long break and have been back growing for the last couple of years now.
I noticed that, in the beginning, you had a target PH of 5.8, and now you're targeting 6.0 or 6.1. Could you tell me when and why you made the switch?
It's usually the last few weeks. I normally change it when i switch boost, but this run it was a little earlier. The plants will be taking up a lot at this point, and that PH range makes the more important nutrients (at this stage) more available to them. In particular, Ca, Mg, K and S.

N, P and Fe for example, are more available at the lower end of the ideal PH range. I feed very young plants between 5.5-5.8 for this reason.

Hello @eggzin :welcome: and thank you for the compliment. Glad to hear you're getting back up and running. I also took a long break and have been back growing for the last couple of years now.

It's usually the last few weeks. I normally change it when i switch boost, but this run it was a little earlier. The plants will be taking up a lot at this point, and that PH range makes the more important nutrients (at this stage) more available to them. In particular, Ca, Mg, K and S.

N, P and Fe for example, are more available at the lower end of the ideal PH range. I feed very young plants between 5.5-5.8 for this reason.
Hey GG looking good. How are the trichomes looking.

Hey GG looking good. How are the trichomes looking.
Thanks Bill. I need to locate my microscope, i can't find it anywhere. If i don't find it today i'll have to order another one. i'll check them over with a loupe for now though and let you guys know. Would be good to share some pictures though
Hi GG! Missed a fair bit. Looks like they're on the final approach now. Nicely done.
Hey Vet! Thanks for stopping by. Almost at the finish line now. :passitleft:

Day 61 Flower​

PPM : 420

A minor rise in PPM so i think the girls have had their fill. PH nice and stable. I'll be topping up with a weak nutrient solution later and from now on 400ppm will be the ceiling. I'll be aiming to drive it down even further.

Hey GG...is this the start of foxtailing on my blueberry cookies?

DSC_0972.jpg

Hey GG...is this the start of foxtailing on my blueberry cookies?

DSC_0972.jpg
Hey @copperrein. It might be. Doesn't look unhealthy though. Might just be the flowers stacking. Do you have a picture a little further out so I can see more of the branch and the lower flowers on it?

I also mentioned in an earlier post that I think this might be a trait of the Blueberry strain. I think it was @Dusty Kiefers that said the fox tails on Audrey reminded him of Blueberry too.

Day 61 Flower - Trichomes​

I finally managed to take some snaps of the trichomes. I only took snaps of the 2 in the back, a look at the 2 in the front shows they aren't there yet.

Apologies for the out-of-focus shots. I find it really challenging to take pictures of the trichomes and get it in focus without doing any damage. I'll try and take some more tomorrow morning before lights on. It's difficult to get clear pictures with the grow lights on too.

These are some shots of a few different buds in different spots in the canopy. For the most part they are cloudy, with around ~10% amber, which put them pretty much on schedule.

I finally managed to take some snaps of the trichomes. I only took snaps of the 2 in the back, a look at the 2 in the front shows they aren't there yet.

Apologies for the out-of-focus shots. I find it really challenging to take pictures of the trichomes and get it in focus without doing any damage. I'll try and take some more tomorrow morning before lights on. It's difficult to get clear pictures with the grow lights on too.

These are some shots of a few different buds in different spots in the canopy. For the most part they are cloudy, with around ~10% amber, which put them pretty much on schedule.

I see you found your microscope. Gorgeous my friend.
How long are you thinking

looking great!

I see you found your microscope. Gorgeous my friend.
How long are you thinking
Thanks Bill :passitleft:

I'm thinking 3 maybe 4 days. I'll take the more mature buds (which is probably most of them), and leave anything that needs time to mature. Hopefully I'll have the back two harvested by this time next week.

This is where it's tricky for me because the other 2 will probably be going for a little longer, I won't be able to dry in the tent itself. Usually I'd use the tent as a drying chamber. Instead, I'll need to hang the drying rack in my room outside of the tents, which is more difficult to regulate and dries quicker. The temperature isn't too bad, but the humidity isn't high enough sitting around 35%.
looking great!
Thanks mate :high-five:

Thanks Bill :passitleft:

I'm thinking 3 maybe 4 days. I'll take the more mature buds (which is probably most of them), and leave anything that needs time to mature. Hopefully I'll have the back two harvested by this time next week.

This is where it's tricky for me because the other 2 will probably be going for a little longer, I won't be able to dry in the tent itself. Usually I'd use the tent as a drying chamber. Instead, I'll need to hang the drying rack in my room outside of the tents, which is more difficult to regulate and dries quicker. The temperature isn't too bad, but the humidity isn't high enough sitting around 35%.

Thanks mate :high-five:
Sounds complicated now. Don't want to screw up the dry/cure after all that hard work.

Hey @copperrein. It might be. Doesn't look unhealthy though. Might just be the flowers stacking. Do you have a picture a little further out so I can see more of the branch and the lower flowers on it?

I also mentioned in an earlier post that I think this might be a trait of the Blueberry strain. I think it was @Dusty Kiefers that said the fox tails on Audrey reminded him of Blueberry too.
Yeah, that's what brought me to you. I'll try to remember to grab photos in a bit (tent's in the bedroom and the manbeast is still sleeping. Opening up a grow tent next to a sleeping person can be funny, but sadly it's the man's birthday today so I prolly shouldn't)

I think they look healthier than anything I've grow to date so I'm not worried too much. I don't remember this fierce of bud stacking on my outdoor blueberry plants.

What is the natural growth progression for a cannabis cola? Like...curtain calls for different parts. Externally after switch the first stigmas appear (heh hopefully) at the nodes...but how does the entire calyx form? When do the glandular hairs form? Trichomes? That sort of stuff.

Those are some pretty good looking g pics to me, have to ask though how do you guys get buds with such large calyx's vs what I get I been watching and writing a book of notes, lol but watching the buds develop and seeing the difference between mine and yours has me puzzled :hmmmm:
But I am hoping to do a dwc run starting after these last two finnish.

Those are some pretty good looking g pics to me, have to ask though how do you guys get buds with such large calyx's vs what I get I been watching and writing a book of notes, lol but watching the buds develop and seeing the difference between mine and yours has me puzzled :hmmmm:
I think its all in pheno type my friend. I've had 2 seeds from same package do exactly as you described. You would've thought they were completely different strains.
Don't think your doing anything wrong, as long as you let them mature properly before harvest your on track. Just try different seeds and you'll find one like that eventually. Of course ours will never look as good as G.G.'s but we can try.

Day 62 Flower​

PPM : 420
PH : 6.2

I topped up with nutrient solution which brought the PPM up to 450. I'll let the water level drop a little before adding some plain water to bring it down.

My current predicament is due to the space I grow in. If i take down 2 of the plants too long before the others, I will have to dry them outside of the tent, which i can't regulate. So, I'm going to leave them a little longer, and let the other front-right lady mature a little more before starting the harvest. I will try to get it done in 2 days and use the tent for drying. So i think I will start harvesting toward the end of next week, around Day 66-68.

I think I can get away with leaving them a little longer, there is still a small proportion of amber trichomes

Thanks Rollin :high-five:

I guess the fact that it's hydro vs soil might have something to do with it. I've not grown in soil though so I couldn't comment to that really, but it's fairly common knowledge now one can yield more in hydro.

Back
Top Bottom