Help choosing LEDs for grow

TheGrowerOfDank

420 Member
Hey guys,
I’m currently researching and buying equipment for my first grow. The tent size I’m going with is 1.5m x 1m x 2m, how many LEDs and what wattage will I need in order to maximise my yield?

If I got 2 600w LED then my tent would have 80watt per ft2. Too much?
It depends on if you are talking about true watts, some LEDs say 600w but only actually draw around 200w from the wall.
80 true watts per ft2 would be overkill unless you were supplementing with c02.

I have a 2 x 2.5 foot tent (5 foot 7 inches tall) and I use three lights that are 300-watt equivalent each. It is not really overkill for my plants - I actually get good, hard nugs.

You'd need about 6 of the "600w" blurple LED to be able to flower half decently in a tent that big, they aren't 600w equivalent lights, they draw like 130w at the wall and some of that is lost to drivers and fans. Look at the actual wattage drawn when buying LED not what the "equivalent" wattage is.

You'd need about 6 of the "600w" blurple LED to be able to flower half decently in a tent that big, they aren't 600w equivalent lights, they draw like 130w at the wall and some of that is lost to drivers and fans. Look at the actual wattage drawn when buying LED not what the "equivalent" wattage is.
I’m looking at the philzon cob 3000 now which has an actual wattage of 600. Reckon this will be enough for my 16ft2 tent or should I get one of them 130w burple led too?

For that much I'd spent the extra $120 and get a Budget LED, better to buy a quality light once than spend $560 on a blurple only to want to upgrade after a few grows.

Back
Top Bottom